NMU at MSU: Battle for the Basement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU at MSU: Battle for the Basement

Wildcats are coming off an ugly loss to Michigan Tech on Tuesday...
    Sparty split with BGSU in their last outing...

Both games will be on TV this weekend... Tonight's game will be on Big Ten Network... Tomorrow is Hockey Day in Michigan and Wildcat Night Across America... Game can be found on Fox Sports Detroit...

Just going to come out and say it... This is a MUST SWEEP for the Cats... No room for error from here on out...
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Re: NMU at MSU: Battle for the Basement

is the Big Ten Network part of the Charter package or is it pay per view? How are the announcers? I am leaning toward a good weekend for the Cats. They are do for a strong road showing. State has a lot of talented people as does NMU. Just depends on which team wants to play the best "team" hockey.
    Last edited by GOAGG; 02-15-2013, 01:12 PM.

Comment

BTN should be on the Digital package. Announcers are pretty meh to awful depending on who they have calling the game. But I'll be at the game so no worries about that.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

The last time the kitties were here, MSU got a win and an NCAA tie. That was last year and a Boston Bruin d-man ago.

This time round, our captain is playing like - well, a captain the last 8 games and that's certainly a good sign. Still, getting a split would be a mini-accomplishment for the Spartans against a team that has no business being in 10th place.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          BTN should be on the Digital package. Announcers are pretty meh to awful depending on who they have calling the game. But I'll be at the game so no worries about that.
          I'm all set with mute button, Scott Moore of Moore Voices, Inc. and my foam bad-call brick.

No wait, I'll be at the games as well and set the DVR. Don't forget, SFL4, to wear your best flannel shirt for the "plaid-out".

Comment

I don't actually have a flannel shirt... I can't seem to find anyone else that has one either. Quite the dilemma.

If it was a 'gray athletic tshirt-out' I could probably hook up the entire student section with some garb.
            Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 02-15-2013, 01:35 PM.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
              No wait, I'll be at the games as well and set the DVR. Don't forget, SFL4, to wear your best flannel shirt for the "plaid-out".
              So it's "Dress Like a Yooper" Night... How nice of y'all to honor us tonight
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                I don't actually have a flannel shirt... I can't seem to find anyone else that has one either. Quite the dilemma.

If it was a 'gray athletic tshirt-out' I could probably hook up the entire student section with some garb.
                There's a whole aisle of the stuff at the local St. Vincent d'Paul just waiting for some love!

Comment

NMU's chances got a lot dimmer tonight. According to the Mining Journal's Matt Wellen's twitter CJ Ludwig, Wade Epp, and Kyle Follmer are out tonight. I believe it might be a team rule violation if the scuttlebut I've heard is true.

Comment

Michigan State is absolutely horrible this season. Cats will sweep handily.
                    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                      Not so fast my friend! MSU did split the Lakers in the Soo this year. And split with BGSU with a win Saturday. I'm feeling good about our first winning streak of the season coming tonight!

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                        NMU's chances got a lot dimmer tonight. According to the Mining Journal's Matt Wellen's twitter CJ Ludwig, Wade Epp, and Kyle Follmer are out tonight. I believe it might be a team rule violation if the scuttlebut I've heard is true.
                        S h * t ! Wouldn't you know it?!?!

Go 'Cats, anyway.

Might go to tomorrow night's game...
                        NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                          What's with the sandbagging?

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                            According to the Mining Journal's Matt Wellen's twitter CJ Ludwig, Wade Epp, and Kyle Follmer are out tonight.
                            Just tonight, or the weekend?

Anybody know?
                            NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Am sure it is for the weekend. Teams are only allowed to bring so many players on the road, league or ncaa rule not sure which. I think they are only allowed 22 on the road (20 players, 2 extras)

Comment

Working...
                              X