No announcement yet.

UMD Bulldogs and BSU Beavers Playdate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMD Bulldogs and BSU Beavers Playdate.

Welp, I searched for a thread but couldn't find one already made, so this is late, but here ye are.

If Bulldog fans think we suck, just wait until you check out Bemidji State. Two not-so-hot hockey teams trying to turn it around I guess?

Series Preview - http://umdbulldogcountry.blogspot.co...o-bemidji.html

Should be a fun game to be at anyway. I mean it's not like Bulldog fans can ever run out of chants against BSU.

All in fun and games
    The University of Minnesota Duluth

Tweet -> @Matt_Christians

http://umdbulldogcountry.blogspot.com/

Re: UMD Bulldogs and BSU Beavers Playdate.

Yeah I would have made a thread but there are as many frequent BSU posters are UMD posters. UMD has done well against teams lower than them in the standings. Hopefully UMD can gut out a win Friday and end their longest losing streak in 5 years.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      Yeah I would have made a thread but there are as many frequent BSU posters are UMD posters. UMD has done well against teams lower than them in the standings. Hopefully UMD can gut out a win Friday and end their longest losing streak in 5 years.
      And BSU is hoping for the same thing, to end their winless streak....... Should have happened Saturday night against Wisconsin, but goalie gaffes gift wrapped that one for the Badgers. Ugggghhhhh.....
      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
        And BSU is hoping for the same thing, to end their winless streak....... Should have happened Saturday night against Wisconsin, but goalie gaffes gift wrapped that one for the Badgers. Ugggghhhhh.....
        Haha, our losing streak is five. Like...omg...what is urs?!
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          Haha, our losing streak is five. Like...omg...what is urs?!
          12 game winless streak. Since the 5-1 win over Denver on December 15, there have been 9 losses (4 by one goal and one with an empty netter with under 10 seconds left to make it a two goal game) and 3 ties (Western, Tech, Wisconsin). The other four losses have been 6-0 (Western Michigan), 4-0 (Tech), 4-0 (SCSU), 4-1 (SCSU).

If they don't get one this weekend, I can see it being 20 games by the end of the year with North Dakota, Minnesota and then a WCHA Road Playoff Series on the schedule.
          Last edited by beaverhockeyfan; 02-13-2013, 03:39 PM.
          Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

12 game winless streak. Since the 5-1 win over Denver on December 15, there have been 9 losses (4 by one goal and one with an empty netter with under 10 seconds left to make it a two goal game) and 3 ties (Western, Tech, Wisconsin). The other four losses have been 6-0 (Western Michigan), 4-0 (Tech), 4-0 (SCSU), 4-1 (SCSU).

If they don't get one this weekend, I can see it being 20 games by the end of the year with North Dakota, Minnesota and then a WCHA Road Playoff Series on the schedule.
            Yikes. I didn't know it was that long. Don't fear! You'll get a win this weekend. I guarantee it!
            tUMD Hockey

Comment

This has the potential to be the most unwatchable series in college hockey all season. Good thing both games are on TV!

Comment

Originally posted by AHABulldog View Post
                This has the potential to be the most unwatchable series in college hockey all season. Good thing both games are on TV!
                Still better than any ECAC or Atlantic matchup
                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Only two ties would be fitting. I would say a 0-0 game as a joke but with our recent goaltending that would be a Festivus Miracle. 2-2 or maybe even 3-3 are more likely.
                  tUMD Hockey

Comment

Hmmm, gameday.... Not sure what to expect. Oh well, it is hockey!
                    Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Hmmm, gameday.... Not sure what to expect. Oh well, it is hockey!
                      One time I was driving from Duluth to Grand Forks, saw some people hitch hiking. Saw them from afar and couldn't make out their sign...as we got closer I was finally able read their sign. It said WalMart. They were hitchhiking to Wal Mart. I knew then I was nearing Buttmidji. Buttmidji sucks! Go Bulldogs!
                      tUMD Hockey

Comment

Wow, even BSU fans don't bother to brag after beating this UMD squad and ending their winless streak
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          Wow, even BSU fans don't bother to brag after beating this UMD squad and ending their winless streak
                          From what I saw on the Tweeter Machine....tUMD fans are all "F THE REFS" and well, there's only 1-2 BSU fans on here.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            Finally a win on Friday night in the 2012-13 season!

Finally a win in the 2013 calendar year!

Finally an end to the 12 game winless streak!

Thanks Bulldogs!!!
                            Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

This is the worst Bulldog team in 7 or 8 years. Really tough to watch. It's clear everyone on the bench has given up when you throw a freshman, 3rd string, walk-on goalie in net. Turns out he didn't play too bad, but just shows no one cares anymore. Oh well.
                              tUMD

Comment

Working...
                              X