Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine - BU = Pretty Sad

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    i saw the cheater stumble in the video. unless he can't skate, that means contact. that means interference.
    So when the goalie swings his stick and hits you, you're interfering with him?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Why is your goalie a cheater? He take lessons from Curry?
      I didn't see the net leave the moorings.
      Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
        whitehead happy with tie....sigh....its what we're stuck with
        I love how the announcers made mention of the "gentlemanly" way TIMMAY was discussing the no-goal with the refs.

TIMMAY: "Umm, excuse me, please, sir, if you've got a second, could you please explain to me why the goal was called back? Oh, goalie interference? Alright then. No, no problem, I'm sure it was the right call, you guys have been doing a great job, have I told you that? No, don't worry about it, it's all good, no worries,

No, really, I'm sorry to have bothered you about it, I just didn't have a good look from where I was on the bench, and just wanted an explanation. It's ok, no problem, I'll let you guys get back to the game now. Sorry for being such a pain."

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
          I didn't see the net leave the moorings.
          That's kind of amazing isn't it? When Curry was in goal the net came off every time Maine was in the zone. I guess Oconnor hasn't been much of a pupil
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            Spoken like a fan who didn't have his team robbed by the refs last night.
            My team's been robbed many times...where should I start? Ben Dreith in 1976 on the Sugar Bear Hamilton roughing the passer against Ken Stabler. This after the previous Patriots drive where Phil Villipiano pinned back both of Russ Francis's arms as the ball hit him in the middle of the chest on fourth down, causing the turnover which led to the game-winning drive. I'm just saying, we expect the referees to be perfect but not the players.

In hockey, BU went to the Frozen Four in (I'm not going to look it up, but 1976 or 1977) against I think it was Michigan (maybe it was Wisconsin). Anyway, BU was a goal down with a minute to go. There was a stoppage in play. The referee skated directly over to Parker and said, "When you pull the goalie, make sure the extra guy doesn't leave the bench early." They dropped the puck, the goalie came out, up went the referee's arm about one second later for "too many men." Needless to say, that took care of that.

Any of us could go on and on but hopefully you get the point.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              That's kind of amazing isn't it? When Curry was in goal the net came off every time Maine was in the zone. I guess Oconnor hasn't been much of a pupil
              Maybe Jackie should suspend him for his lack of on-ice discipline? Get with the program or get out.

Comment

or ya morons started drilling some holes
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  or ya morons started drilling some holes
                  Ya its funny no other goalie had any issues with the "holes"

Comment

Ya its funny no other goalie had any issues with the "holes"
                    probably just do it for bu. the one time i made a trip up i remember watching the dude out there couldn't even get the sticks in the ice! he had to lean them and drop the pipe over top it. made me laugh.

Comment

so corkum said the goalie interference was a good call.

issue closed

Comment

Given the off ice issues with penalty boxes at BU, you'd think the team would really attempt to stay away. However, given the alleged escapades that happened in the penalty box, maybe it is a Pavlov dog response.
                        UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

Gotta say... that was a bush league call against Diamond at the end of the 2nd. He gave the guy a love tap into the boards.
                          Hansen was dying to make that call because Diamond was yapping going up ice after the hit he took.
                          I have never seen Hockey East officials as bad as they have been this season. My gawd they're awfu.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

No surprise it was goonan on the "receiving" end

If this gets called back...

Comment

Another Shore goal taken away????

Comment

If that's a goal then last night's disallowed goal was good too.

Comment

Working...
                                X