PDA

View Full Version : Maine - BU = Pretty Sad

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11

walrus
02-16-2013, 08:44 PM
That was one helluva game.
Maine dominated the last 15 minutes and doesn't deserve that loss.
Wow... what a finish.
They had everyone deep trying to win the game, weird carom off a stanchion and its lights out. At least Maine was trying to win

mookie1995
02-16-2013, 08:46 PM
Mookie did you not see the bounce that gave bu the rush?

i saw maine have all five guys rush to the bu net thinking there was be no chance for bu to counter. dumb play that bu has been more likely to make than benefit from. one maine guy stays back a bit and it's a tie.

i know you ain't a maine guy, but if a mainer thinks it was bad luck that they lost - then i suppose their being in 9th place is all bad luck.

rufus
02-16-2013, 08:49 PM
i know you ain't a maine guy, but if a mainer thinks it was bad luck that they lost - then i suppose their being in 9th place is all bad luck.

No, that's all TIMMAY.

Tater
02-16-2013, 08:49 PM
Mookie did you not see the bounce that gave bu the rush?

I did. The bounce that went right in front of the Maine player who couldn't take advantage. BU did. Strange bounce, which happens quite a bit. BU still had to pull it off.

Bomber
02-16-2013, 08:56 PM
While on the subject of "lucky bounces," how 'bout that bounce that resulted in Maine's 3rd goal? Wicked lucky. Plus, it was goalie interference. :D

J.D.
02-16-2013, 08:56 PM
Obviously bu still had to convert (a 2 on 0) but without that crazy bounce, it ends in a tie. I'm willing to bet maine fans are ok with how aggressive they were at the end. Tough luck loss for maine but an entertaining game at least.

carltonbarrett
02-16-2013, 09:13 PM
WOW, one point at home vs a reeling, undermanned BU team. It's TIMMEH TIME!!!!

NCAAfan500
02-16-2013, 09:18 PM
WOW, one point at home vs a reeling, undermanned BU team. It's TIMMEH TIME!!!!What's that say about BC choo choo boy? They couldn't even get a point on home ice from Maine. LOL

J.D.
02-16-2013, 09:21 PM
Also mook, poor analogy on your part trying to link this tough loss to the rest of maine's losses. They aren't where they are because of bad luck but that has nothing to do with how this one game ended.

J.D.
02-16-2013, 09:23 PM
Mutha fucha, what team do you root for? (3rd attempt)

carltonbarrett
02-16-2013, 09:23 PM
It says we're in 2nd place and Maine is in 9th, not to mention @ 50th in PWR. Congrats on the tie vs BU, quite an accomplishment indeed!

BU: the new Merrimack

Jofa
02-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Obviously bu still had to convert (a 2 on 0) but without that crazy bounce, it ends in a tie. I'm willing to bet maine fans are ok with how aggressive they were at the end. Tough luck loss for maine but an entertaining game at least.

And they benefitted from a crazy bounce to on the shorthand or that play doesnt even matter. Who honestly thinks of those things, hockey is a slippery game played on ice in case you werent paying attention. Are we going to start keeping track of "lucky" bounces now throughout the game to determine what the score should have been Westy, you care way too much about the results of BU hockey games.

sandiegoblkbr
02-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Fire Whitehead.

J.D.
02-16-2013, 09:40 PM
Who honestly thinks of a crazy bounce in the final sequence of a game? What are you talking about? Anyway, I like seeing bu lose just as much as bu fans seeing bc lose. That's how this whole rivalry thing works, no? Furthermore, when a team at the bottom of the standings has a chance to knock off a team in the middle of the pack, considering bc is where they are...yes, I take a greater interest in the game.

I'm just glad both these games were on TV. Highly entertaining.

gscott13
02-16-2013, 09:40 PM
WOW, one point at home vs a reeling, undermanned BU team. It's TIMMEH TIME!!!!

two things:

1. It's TIMMAY TIME!!!!
2. It's been TIMMAYTIME!!!! for a couple of seasons now
3. One could argue that the above should always make Maine the "undermanned team"

defkit
02-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Entertaining game. I swear when Santana took the cross check penalty on the PP, I said "momentum killed, I bet Maine comes back". A couple observations.

- Shore earned my respect tonight, not because of his goal, but because of his hustle. He was behind both Nieto and Rodrigues on the OT goal, but he skated his arse off and left Rodrigues about 2 inches to get that puck through. Luckily for us, Evan was able to do it.
- also "lucky for BU" - having a right shot passing to a left shot on that GWG. If either of them are on the off wing, such a bang bang play would not be possible.
- Noonan made a bad decision on the SHG by Shore. BU had the puck in the offensive zone and Noonan kept skating in after he played the puck along the boards, rather than staying at the point. That led to the rush that led to the goal.
- The ref reviewing the play on the monitor took his head set off twice while conferring with the other ref. I'm 99% sure this is what he said: "He is so obviously in the crease, bumped up right behind the goalie, but there is no way we are taking ANOTHER goal away, we'll get mugged trying to get out of here tonight." On TV, it was clear that at one point trying to determine if Shore had been pushed into the crease by Grzelcyk (he asked the controller to rewind from the side angle just around the part when Shore is entering the crease). I think he was really hoping that was what the replay would show, and then when it didn't, he took his headset off again and whispered to the other ref again.

DoubleA
02-16-2013, 10:13 PM
Two great games. One point out of a possible four unfortunately. Black Bears showed great effort and played well against a currently mediocre BU team that was far better in the first half of the season than the second thus far. Still worth mention to see more than a few empty seats in Alfond, especially in the first 5 or 6 rows you can see during play on TV. BU doesn't deserve to be ranked 13th. No way.

defkit
02-16-2013, 10:17 PM
BU doesn't deserve to be ranked 13th. No way.

I couldn't agree more. This win, while exciting, doesn't erase the fact that BU has played horrible hockey for several weeks now. Case in point: how does the senior defensive defenseman, give Maine's top player a breakway goal 10 seconds into the game? Giving up a 3 goal lead to a team that acverages like 2 goals per game. Just like giving NU and Harvard their only two wins in about 15 games. It has been an ugly period for BU Hockey, and an OT win over a Maine team, especially given how it unfolded, gives me no sense that they have 'righted the ship'.

Harry Cleverly
02-16-2013, 10:22 PM
The ref reviewing the play on the monitor took his head set off twice while conferring with the other ref. I'm 99% sure this is what he said: "He is so obviously in the crease, bumped up right behind the goalie, but there is no way we are taking ANOTHER goal away, we'll get mugged trying to get out of here tonight." On TV, it was clear that at one point trying to determine if Shore had been pushed into the crease by Grzelcyk (he asked the controller to rewind from the side angle just around the part when Shore is entering the crease). I think he was really hoping that was what the replay would show, and then when it didn't, he took his headset off again and whispered to the other ref again.

There is very little consistency on this type of call.
Maine assistant Corkum said Friday night's no goal was a good call. Then this one should have been called back, too.

On the Friday night no goal, the Maine kid had a leg in the crease but wasn't interfering (not to be confused with screening).
Maine's third goal on Saturday, Shore was in the crease before the puck and there was leg-to-leg contact.

Personally, I think the officials got both calls wrong.

Both very entertaining and spirited games, regardless.

brassbonanza
02-16-2013, 10:36 PM
And they benefitted from a crazy bounce to on the shorthand or that play doesnt even matter. Who honestly thinks of those things, hockey is a slippery game played on ice in case you werent paying attention. Are we going to start keeping track of "lucky" bounces now throughout the game to determine what the score should have been Westy, you care way too much about the results of BU hockey games.

Not to mention on said fluky bounce for Maine, the Maine forward has a skate practically in the net behind Maguire before the puck was anywhere near the crease. Adding and subtracting happenstance plays is pointless.