Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    C'mon...

Chicago and all that. You think the refs haven't already been gotten to?

The trap AND dicey officiating? Better have lots of hankies on hand.
    Don't forget sloppy ice to slow things down. The trap, bought officiating, and sloppy ice. Gophers don't stand a chance. Badgers sweep
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Re: Minnesota @ Wisconsin : 02/15 - 02/17

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
      Now watch the Badgers hang six on the Gophers

Not likely, but I really don't have a feel for this series.

Nothing would surprise me. A sweep either way... a split.

Wisconsin has been looking better in terms or results, but not in terms of style. In addition, much of our success has come against less than stellar competition.

Minnesota is a very good team, but are they elite? I thought they were. They looked elite against SCSU for the second half of the third (on Saturday) once they started playing with desperation. Looked elite for most of the game on Friday.

As I've said, the pieces are there - really good goalie, balanced scoring, upper classmen, better defense than usual - but is the will? Is the determination?

I have no idea if we'll be exposed coz we haven't played anyone or if the Gophers will be exposed for not being able to put it all together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Not likely, but I really don't have a feel for this series.

Nothing would surprise me. A sweep either way... a split.

Wisconsin has been looking better in terms or results, but not in terms of style. In addition, much of our success has come against less than stellar competition.

Minnesota is a very good team, but are they elite? I thought they were. They looked elite against SCSU for the second half of the third (on Saturday) once they started playing with desperation. Looked elite for most of the game on Friday.

As I've said, the pieces are there - really good goalie, balanced scoring, upper classmen, better defense than usual - but is the will? Is the determination?

I have no idea if we'll be exposed coz we haven't played anyone or if the Gophers will be exposed for not being able to put it all together.
        I agree with all of that. Which is why I am kind of glad the Gophers are trailing in the conference race. I hope it keeps them hungry and unsatisfied. I do think this Gopher team has the tendency to get a little complacent at times.
        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

I didn't think so, but maybe a windy city win is in the offing...

*****http://i.imgur.com/Da5kcYw.jpg******
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            The trap AND dicey officiating? Better have lots of hankies on hand.
            Oh, I'm sure there would be a gnashing of teeth regardless.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              Oh, I'm sure there would be a gnashing of teeth regardless.

I thought the USCHO servers might short out from all of the tears and runny/snotty noses over the past weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post

Gophers are playing much better, but so are the Badgers. Wisconsin's style can give the Gopher's fits at times, which is why it is always hard for me to predict this series. My heart says sweep, but my mind tells me anything can happen when these two teams play.
                A sweep puts them right back in the hunt for the Mac. Defensively, the two teams actually match up fairly well, but the Gophers are light years ahead in offensive and PP scoring. Add to that, the BADgers have avg. 4 more PIM/G than the Gophers. If the Gophers can keep pucks in deep and wear down the BADger D, I like our chances for a sweep.

Comment

Wow.

A Sconnie/Gopher game thread on a Thursday in February that's gone 12 + hours without a post?

Who are you people and what have you done with the usual posters and the vitriol?

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
                    Wow.

A Sconnie/Gopher game thread on a Thursday in February that's gone 12 + hours without a post?

Who are you people and what have you done with the usual posters and the vitriol?
                    As has been discussed, Gopher fans are probably a little burned out from the SCSU series and sconnie fans just aren't that confident in their squad.
                    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                      As has been discussed, Gopher fans are probably a little burned out from the SCSU series and sconnie fans just aren't that confident in their squad.
                      There is also another thread dedicated to these games as well.

Only so many times we can rip on all the deer humping, paint thinner drinking, boring trap loving people to our East.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                        There is also another thread dedicated to these games as well.

Only so many times we can rip on all the deer humping, paint thinner drinking, boring trap loving people to our East.

We could talk football...

Comment

We could talk football...
                          Well the second game is being play in a football stadium....?
                          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

What do Bucky's jerseys for Sunday look like?

I haven't seen them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                              What do Bucky's jerseys for Sunday look like?

I haven't seen them yet.

Well...

You can see it here: http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...021213aad.html

Comment

Nice.

I'm sure there is also a "Gurt" version floating around somewhere too.

Comment

Working...
                                X