Minnesota @ Wisconsin : 02/15 - 02/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    They've brought back the 1960-61 jersey for this weekend's OfficeMax Hockey City Classic in ChiTown.

Sounds like Lucia is very keen on having an outdoor game in MN. That's a no brainer in terms of success in the State of Hockey.

Saw that. Heard that maybe it would be the bumble bee. A little disappointed because I love that sweater, but understand that it was a home sweater. Like the sweater they chose.

Would also love to see an outdoor game in Minny. Combine it with some great high school games on Hockey Day Minnesota. Would be a great day of hockey.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Re: Minnesota @ Wisconsin : 02/15 - 02/17

Oh, right, it's Gopher week.

*sigh*
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        I like the ground squirrel jersey. It looks like the regular Badger jersey only ugly maroon and yellow. Envy is a funny thing.
        Except the sweater this was modeled after was designed when Badger hockey didn't exist.
        Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 02-13-2013, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
          But that would help with their NCAA chances and there are plenty of bucky fans that don't want to see them make it. They can't sweep for their own good! Which has nothing to do with the fact they are running into a much MUCH better team that should easily take them down.
          While I agree the gophers are a better team the badgers should be able to get at least 1 point IMO. They got 1 point out of them back when they were struggling offensively (still are) and when Kerdiles (suspension) and Zengerle (injury) were out. The record Wisco has since Kerdiles and Zengerle came back is just amazing. Starting 1-7-2 and then going 11-2-5. I expect a great series matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
            Except the sweater this was modeled after was designed when Badger hockey didn't exist.
            Turns out it doesn't exist today.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
              While I agree the gophers are a better team the badgers should be able to get at least 1 point IMO. They got 1 point out of them back when they were struggling offensively (still are) and when Kerdiles (suspension) and Zengerle (injury) were out. The record Wisco has since Kerdiles and Zengerle came back is just amazing. Starting 1-7-2 and then going 11-2-5. I expect a great series matchup.
              Not that I'm predicting a Gophers sweep, but Minnesota wasn't playing nearly as well as they are now when these two teams met earlier this season either.

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
                Turns out it doesn't exist today.
                *****http://www.customerssuck.com/board/images/smilies/rimshot.gif******
                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                sigpic

Comment

Not that I'm predicting a Gophers sweep, but Minnesota wasn't playing nearly as well as they are now when these two teams met earlier this season either.

Hedge much?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    Hedge much?

Gophers are playing much better, but so are the Badgers. Wisconsin's style can give the Gopher's fits at times, which is why it is always hard for me to predict this series. My heart says sweep, but my mind tells me anything can happen when these two teams play.

Comment

Gophers are playing much better, but so are the Badgers. Wisconsin's style can give the Gopher's fits at times, which is why it is always hard for me to predict this series. My heart says sweep, but my mind tells me anything can happen when these two teams play.
                      Another kicker(aside from how both teams are playing since the first matchup) is the ice condition for that outdoor game. Iffy ice could easily play a factor in the outcome of this series.
                      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                        Another kicker(aside from how both teams are playing since the first matchup) is the ice condition for that outdoor game. Iffy ice could easily play a factor in the outcome of this series.

So you're saying iffy ice could potentially slow down our precision passing attack?

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                          Agreed

Comment

So you're saying iffy ice could potentially slow down our precision passing attack?
                            Exactly!

Comment

Hedge much?

Comment

... and let's not forget that vaunted PP as well.
                                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X