X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota @ Wisconsin : 02/15 - 02/17

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    TO BE FAIR:

The "even when we get a break we don't get a break" had NOTHING to do with the refs' call. Nothing. Quirky situation, and the right call(s) in that situation. Just bad luck that the same guy got two penalties.

It sort of fit the context so I used it.

Not personal and I don't consider you a whiner.

Only concerned about supporting MY side of the debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      It sort of fit the context so I used it.

Not personal and I don't consider you a whiner.
      I can't be too careful, especially around this time of year. It's Newbie Season.......
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Yeah, those whiney Badger fans sure are annoying...
        How about giving an answer? How was that hit on Warning not interference?
        Last edited by state of hockey; 02-17-2013, 02:38 AM.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

*****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/GAMEDAYGOPHERS.gif****** *****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/smiley-cool11.gif******

Cool time lapse photography on the construction of the ice rink at Soldier Field.

Last edited by HarleyMC; 02-17-2013, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            How about giving an answer? How was that hit on Warning not interference?

Looked to me like Warning should have got 2 for diving.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              I'm trying to remember even one "Bucky fan" who said anything at all like that?

I didn't see any bad calls.
              Good to see at least someone in red has a concept of the rules.

At the game, I couldn't go 30 seconds in the 3rd period with someone sitting around me crying about how the "refs need to go back to minnesota" or "can't win when the refs won't let you." Not that I expect any less when I'm at the Kohl Center, because it happens basically any time a badger gets checked without a penalty, but boy it goes old.

Comment

Game Day!
                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                sigpic

Comment

Should be a GREAT day of hockey.... Just too bad the wild game over laps by an hour
                  - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
                  Go you Green and White
                  Go Bemidji Beavers
                  Fight with all your might!
                  Rah! Rah! Rah!
                  We are here to cheer you
                  We are out to win your fame,
                  So, Go Bemidji Beavers
                  Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Since the game is being played at a football field, are we going to see some of this between the 2nd and 3rd period?
                    Last edited by Husky4Life; 02-17-2013, 11:27 AM.
                    SCSU!

Comment

Not a lot of "glide" for the puck or goalies during the Notre Dame - Miami game.
                      Glad MN - red team have the later game today as the sun won't be shining directly on the ice.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                      Twenty red lights in his honor
                      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                        No question about it and it makes me ****ing sick. Not to mention only WI kids, how many from other states and provinces have turned their noses up at WI because of the system? I'm not "anti-trap", but you've got to have ****ing balance.
                        Been out of town and just watched the VHS tape (yes) of the game last night. Haven't read all the posts, so sorry if already mentioned. During the MN / UND series, a lot of posters commented that Bucky was no longer as big a rivalry for them as the Whoiux. A lot mentioned WI having some down years contributing. I think part of it is how boring WI hockey is to watch. When UND and MN have good teams and both are playing well, games are up and down the ice with lots of scoring chances. It gets you off your seat/sofa. Against WI, not so much. Not for several years. You just sit and wait through a bunch of neutral ice play for one scoring chance followed by a bunch more neutral ice play. Hard to get too fired up for a series with this type of play year after year. (Sort of like the way the NHL is, unless they make the extremely unlikely decision to start playing on Olympic ice at some point.) And you wonder why Bucky doesn't sell out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                          Good to see at least someone in red has a concept of the rules.

At the game, I couldn't go 30 seconds in the 3rd period with someone sitting around me crying about how the "refs need to go back to minnesota" or "can't win when the refs won't let you." Not that I expect any less when I'm at the Kohl Center, because it happens basically any time a badger gets checked without a penalty, but boy it goes old.
                          Sitting in Mariuci with whining, entitled fans in your ear for 60 minutes gets old too. Opening your mouth to anything anti gopher there is a big no no with the fans as well. You could stay home if you dont like it.

Comment

I've seen plenty of hockey, at rinks all over the WCHA, and the wholesale lack of basic knowledge of the game in Madison really stands out. A little back and forth if you're wearing another school's colors is expected no matter where you go.

And I do stay home, except during the Gopher series. I would go to a lot more games at the Kohl Center, just out of an appreciation for college hockey, if you didn't have so many fans who are so vocal about their lack of understanding of the game!

Then again, you were the person earlier who was saying that the Kohl Center was built for Hockey, right?

Comment

Hey, at least I haven't heard the crowd in Madison get as loud for two-on-threes in the past few years! I suppose that could be because there isn't as much of a crowd to make the noise...

Comment

I was right. Bad ice = Splitzky.

Game was so slow it took Mn high end skill away.
                                SCSU!

Comment

Working...
                                X