NMU at MTU 2/12: It's a "short bus" ride for Northern up to Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU at MTU 2/12: It's a "short bus" ride for Northern up to Tech

Congrats to the Huskies for adding some more hardware this weekend and saving face after Friday's late game implosion. No time to polish the trophy now with the 3rd of 5 games in just 9 days this Tuesday. (I still don't understand mid-week games.) The future WCHA mates in green head up US 41 to see what's left of the Winter Carnival and hopefully Tech can improve on their previous 1-goal early season showing at the Barry. Quite honestly I'm hoping to see a lot of ice time for frequent scratches and 3rd / 4th line players in this game so we can focus on the WCHA games at the end of the week. I'm not saying you look past a game, but this is bad scheduling with a break after Mankato that could have been filled with this game. Frankly, Tech needs WCHA points more than they need a win over NMU at this point as much as it pains me to say so.

Go Tech!
    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Re: NMU at MTU 2/12: It's a "short bus" ride for Northern up to Tech

I'll give this a *bump* to see if it gets any play.

The last time these two played, December 4th, seems like a long, long time ago.

Tech had a bye week in late January and now another coming up in late February? That seems like a momentum breaker?

Northern needs all the wins it can get (CCHA or not) and they're coming off a loss and a shutout win against Ferris.

I expect it will be a close one.

Is there single-game online access for this game?
    Last edited by aygwm2; 02-11-2013, 04:01 PM.
    NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Tech needs to win every game between now and mid-April.
      Ryan J
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Just WIN baby!
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          Congrats to the Huskies for adding some more hardware this weekend and saving face after Friday's late game implosion. No time to polish the trophy now with the 3rd of 5 games in just 9 days this Tuesday. (I still don't understand mid-week games.) The future WCHA mates in green head up US 41 to see what's left of the Winter Carnival and hopefully Tech can improve on their previous 1-goal early season showing at the Barry. Quite honestly I'm hoping to see a lot of ice time for frequent scratches and 3rd / 4th line players in this game so we can focus on the WCHA games at the end of the week. I'm not saying you look past a game, but this is bad scheduling with a break after Mankato that could have been filled with this game. Frankly, Tech needs WCHA points more than they need a win over NMU at this point as much as it pains me to say so.

Go Tech!
          Ryan J
          It would be hard to fill that break with this game. Northern will be at Bowling Green that weekend. The coaches tried like crazy to find available common weekend dates. If it were at all possible, there not have been Tuesday nights. It wasn't "bad scheduling." It was a lack of other options.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            It would be hard to fill that break with this game. Northern will be at Bowling Green that weekend. The coaches tried like crazy to find available common weekend dates. If it were at all possible, there not have been Tuesday nights. It wasn't "bad scheduling." It was a lack of other options.
            because the WCHA and CCHA can't let them have a common weekend off that isn't a holiday weekend. It seems really sad that MTU and NMU can't say, we want February 22/23rd off to play a non-conference series.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              because the WCHA and CCHA can't let them have a common weekend off that isn't a holiday weekend. It seems really sad that MTU and NMU can't say, we want February 22/23rd off to play a non-conference series.
              I've said that for many years. Won't be a problem next year! Hopefully Tech can match or better the Tuesday crowd of 3509 back in December! And for sure the atmosphere for the Saturday game at Tech last year was electric. When the Mac is packed, there's no better place to watch a college hockey game!
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I predict NMU will beat Tech.
                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                  I concur.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                    Tech will be flying tonight. Plus, WCHA officials. Advantage Tech.

Comment

Opposing fans are welcome, as long as you are cordial.
                      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                        Tech will be flying tonight. Plus, WCHA officials. Advantage Tech.
                        NMUFAN you called it!

So far Tech has been flying and it's NMU 1 : 8 TECH at the end of the 2nd period.

That's enough for me.
                        NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

NMU must be focused on clobbering Sparty this weekend.
                          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
                            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Congrats to Michigan Tech on retaining the Michigan and Play-Up Belts plus winning the DII Belt!
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                              X