No announcement yet.

Brown & Yale @ RPI & Union (2/15, 2/16)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown & Yale @ RPI & Union (2/15, 2/16)

Discuss
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Brown & Yale @ RPI & Union (2/15, 2/16)

WRPI post game music never sounded so good.

Depending on Dartmouth/Harvard game tomorrow, RPI could be 3rd or 4th with a record that is one game over .500. Man, that's something! As euphoric as the last few weeks have been, there is much more work to be done!
    Here we come!

Comment

One game at a time. Brown is the next foe and has at times given us fits. Hoping we are healthy for this one-Tinordi gives us much needed grit against this kind of team. I believe Haggerty limped off late tonight also-but did not look serious from the broadcast. Every game counts now and with 6 regualr season games to go-it is all iin our own hands. We cannot expect help from anyone. Go Red!!!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
        WRPI post game music never sounded so good.

Depending on Dartmouth/Harvard game tomorrow, RPI could be 3rd or 4th with a record that is one game over .500. Man, that's something! As euphoric as the last few weeks have been, there is much more work to be done!
        We lose the head to head tie breaker with Princeton which is a shame since we outplayed them down here and deserved a better fate.

Comment

This series will be HUGE for all four teams. It's going to be wild.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
            Agree on HUGE weekend coming up. But how are you doing post-storm in RI?
            Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
              This is one crazy year. Only 2 teams are safely tucked into position. One on top and one on bottom. Anything in between can reshuffle in one night.

Comment

We have really turned this season around, and this weekend showed what we are capable of.
                We got a win in a game that we did not play our best, then came back and put it all together.
                As long as this team keeps its head and continues to apply the process, we will be tough for anyone to beat.
                Take it one game at a time and focus on the process. I have totally bought into SA's system.
                Of course, I have also bought into Jason Kasdorf.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  We have really turned this season around, and this weekend showed what we are capable of.
                  We got a win in a game that we did not play our best, then came back and put it all together.
                  As long as this team keeps its head and continues to apply the process, we will be tough for anyone to beat.
                  Take it one game at a time and focus on the process. I have totally bought into SA's system.
                  Of course, I have also bought into Jason Kasdorf.
                  EHF-(reposted from the main RPI thread) I must have entered the Twilight Zone. I thought we had swept Colgate/Cornell at home and then swept Dartmouth/Harvard at home and then went up north and swept St Lawrence/Clarkson on the road. If this is a dream, please do not wake me up. I know we did the same thing in 1984-1985 but I sincerely doubt we have ever done it again and i know we never did it before. Is this a case of Deja Vu or is this a Quaalude flashback? An omen? D@mn I sure hope so!!!
                  We can play with anyone-we just have to remain healthy. Take it one game at a time-Brown is next and that is all that matters. Confidence has got to be a mile high right now and as Yogi once said-"50% of this game is half mental" Earlier this season we gave up some very valuable league points (that SH against us by QU when we were 5 on 3 still haunts me). Hopefully they won't matter if we just keep on winning. Go Red!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    EHF-(reposted from the main RPI thread) I must have entered the Twilight Zone. I thought we had swept Colgate/Cornell at home and then swept Dartmouth/Harvard at home and then went up north and swept St Lawrence/Clarkson on the road. If this is a dream, please do not wake me up. I know we did the same thing in 1984-1985 but I sincerely doubt we have ever done it again and i know we never did it before. Is this a case of Deja Vu or is this a Quaalude flashback? An omen? D@mn I sure hope so!!!
                    We can play with anyone-we just have to remain healthy. Take it one game at a time-Brown is next and that is all that matters. Confidence has got to be a mile high right now and as Yogi once said-"50% of this game is half mental" Earlier this season we gave up some very valuable league points (that SH against us by QU when we were 5 on 3 still haunts me). Hopefully they won't matter if we just keep on winning. Go Red!!!
                    No dream Doc. Stay awake, you won't want to miss this.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

We can play with anyone-we just have to remain healthy. Take it one game at a time-Brown is next and that is all that matters. Confidence has got to be a mile high right now and as Yogi once said-"50% of this game is half mental" Earlier this season we gave up some very valuable league points (that SH against us by QU when we were 5 on 3 still haunts me). Hopefully they won't matter if we just keep on winning. Go Red!!![/QUOTE]

Actually, Yogi said "90% of this game is half mental". And don't let the 5 on 3 SHG keep haunting you. We still could have lost that game in OT. Anyway, the past is the past and let's keep looking forward to these final 3 weeks of the regular season. Go RED!

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post

Actually, Yogi said "90% of this game is half mental". And don't let the 5 on 3 SHG keep haunting you. We still could have lost that game in OT. Anyway, the past is the past and let's keep looking forward to these final 3 weeks of the regular season. Go RED!
                        If we miss getting a bye because of one point it most certainly will haunt me and a lot of others. If we miss getting home ice it will do likewise(I wonder what it would have done for our PWR to have tied that game? I think it would move us up over Union to 18th). When the season is 22 games long-in the ECAC you can never give away anything. There were other games where the outcome could have been different because of one error but giving up a short handed goal when you are 5 on 3 late in the third period-just should never happen. Sure it is the past but those that cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it (George Santayana). Nothing from the past season will matter if we keep on winning-now that is pretty obvious.
                        Last edited by DrDemento; 02-10-2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

If we miss getting a bye because of one point it most certainly will haunt me and a lot of others. If we miss getting home ice it will do likewise(I wonder what it would have done for our PWR to have tied that game?). When the season is 22 games long-in the ECAC you can never give away anything. There were other games where the outcome could have been different because of one error but giving up a short handed goal when you are 5 on 3 late in the third period-just should never happen. Sure it is the past but those that cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it (George Santayana). Nothing from the past season will matter if we keep on winning-now that is pretty obvious.
                          OTOH, we have gotten some points, like the win as opposed to a tie against SLU, that perhaps we shouldn't have gotten.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            OTOH, we have gotten some points, like the win as opposed to a tie against SLU, that perhaps we shouldn't have gotten.
                            Come on RB-why should we not have won that game-wasn't SLU given enough power plays in the thid period to satisfy you? An OT game can always go either way-that was as earned a victory as any.

Comment

Come on RB-why should we not have won that game-wasn't SLU given enough power plays in the thid period to satisfy you? An OT game can always go either way-that was as earned a victory as any.
                              It was certainly earned, but it could easily have ended up as a tie or even a loss. I do agree that the refs seemed to be on SLU's side in the third period.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X