RPI @ Clarkson - Saturday, February 9th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ Clarkson - Saturday, February 9th

Moving on to Potsdam! (Thanks for the directions, Ralph! So easy to get lost in the dark!)

It's snowing but who cares? A Friday night win in the North Country makes you feel pretty good. And a Saturday win will only make you feel even better.

A big win for Our red on Friday night. So let's turn all attention to Clarkson... keep our focus, skate our game, and gets some points! C's got to be feeling pretty good, too. They beat Union and they will be waiting for us. They're in the thck of this race, too.

Go, go, go you red,red,red! Fight fight, fight you white, white, white!
    Last edited by fr joe; 02-09-2013, 12:53 AM.
    Here we come!

Re: RPI @ Clarkson - Saturday, February 9th

Much better, fr joe.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

2012-13 Thread-Starting Statistics:
      Code:
      Ralph Baer         7- 3- 3 17 points   .654
      fr joe             4- 4- 2 10 points   .500
      GRussinko          1- 0- 0  2 points  1.000
      hockeyhound        0- 1- 0  0 points   .000
      burgie12           0- 1- 0  0 points   .000
      engineerhockeyfan  0- 1- 0  0 points   .000
      DrDemento          0- 1- 0  0 points   .000

Cumulative 2003-04 - 2012-13 Thread-Starting Statistics
      Code:
      Ralph Baer        32-31-11 75 points  .507
      fr joe            31-35- 9 71 points  .473
      engineerhockeyfan 16-21- 4 36 points  .439
      Red Cloud         11- 2- 1 23 points  .821
      hockeyhound       11-14- 1 23 points  .442
      GRussinko          9-14- 2 20 points  .400
      rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1 13 points  .500
      DrDemento          4-15- 3 11 points  .250
      RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
      FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0  8 points 1.000
      HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
      burgie12           3- 2- 0  6 points  .600
      jericho            3- 7- 0  6 points  .300
      RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
      JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
      Waite21            1- 4- 1  3 points  .250
      berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
      ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
      JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
      drshoen            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
      Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
      lugnut92           1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
      NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
      REDRocket          1- 3- 0  2 points  .250
      redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
      RKarger            0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
      fishcore12         0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
      Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
      vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
      RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      Priceless          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      REDaero91          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      RPI92              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
      hawthr             0- 2- 0  0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
      ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">

Alma Mater
      ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

No time to revel in the win last night. A colse tough game. We have lost a lot of those in th epast few years so it does feel good to come away with a win. Tonight will be chapter 2. Let's just turn the page and start anew. Different strategy needed here-not just one big line to worry about. Of course we cannot take 4 third period penalties again. Go Red!!
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

For so long, we have found a way to lose games. But I believe that winning breeds winning. And last night we found a way to win a game.
          Add to that that good teams find a way to win when they are not playing their best, and you might get an idea why I am excited about this team.
          Tonight, we have to get back to playing our game and taking it to Clarkson.

Lets go red!!!!!!!!!
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            For so long, we have found a way to lose games. But I believe that winning breeds winning. And last night we found a way to win a game.
            Add to that that good teams find a way to win when they are not playing their best, and you might get an idea why I am excited about this team.
            Tonight, we have to get back to playing our game and taking it to Clarkson.

Lets go red!!!!!!!!!
            Not being able to see the game I honestly do not know how we played overall. Obviously we shut down SLU 5 on 5 all night including the big line which is no easy task.. We all knew that we had to avoid their power play. We did for the most part until the third period. We took some stupid chances and drew a few penalties-whether they were all deserved or not? The key as i see it-we were able to convert on 2 PP of our own and also 4 seconds after a third. If we did not succeed with those-we would have had a long night and probably been shut down if not shut out completely. EHF has it right-soemtimes you have to win when you are not overwhelmingly good. Perhaps this is a sign that this team really has gotten their level up-we can win when we are good, and we can sometimes win when we are mediocre. The way CCT is playing-we will have to be more than mediocre. Special teams we have to at least come out even-5 on 5 we have to win. Also, a little luck would not hurt.

Comment

Let's Go RPI, SLU, Cornell and Harvard!
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

I'm here for this one tonight, so you guys don't have to see jericho attempt to flatter me.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Not being able to see the game I honestly do not know how we played overall. Obviously we shut down SLU 5 on 5 all night including the big line which is no easy task.. We all knew that we had to avoid their power play. We did for the most part until the third period. We took some stupid chances and drew a few penalties-whether they were all deserved or not? The key as i see it-we were able to convert on 2 PP of our own and also 4 seconds after a third. If we did not succeed with those-we would have had a long night and probably been shut down if not shut out completely. EHF has it right-soemtimes you have to win when you are not overwhelmingly good. Perhaps this is a sign that this team really has gotten their level up-we can win when we are good, and we can sometimes win when we are mediocre. The way CCT is playing-we will have to be more than mediocre. Special teams we have to at least come out even-5 on 5 we have to win. Also, a little luck would not hurt.
                  I watched the game , thought it was pretty even for the most part. At times, we dominated, and vice -versa. I noticed that we were anticipating some SLU passes in our own end, and were able to clear the zone. SLU got away with an obvious trip or interference call late, one of our guys was trying to start backchecking after a scoring chance and a SLU player dragged him down in the slot as the play was going the other way. Maybe, 1:30 left in the 3rd at that point. Could see Appert screaming for a call. Both teams traded momentum swings, and obviouslly special teams were big. We kept competing right to the very end. Lee's goal was all hustle. Not sure what to expect from Clarkson but if they beat Union last night they will be a tough opponent to say the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    I'm here for this one tonight, so you guys don't have to see jericho attempt to flatter me.

Not flattering, just better.
                    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                      I watched the game , thought it was pretty even for the most part. At times, we dominated, and vice -versa. I noticed that we were anticipating some SLU passes in our own end, and were able to clear the zone. SLU got away with an obvious trip or interference call late, one of our guys was trying to start backchecking after a scoring chance and a SLU player dragged him down in the slot as the play was going the other way. Maybe, 1:30 left in the 3rd at that point. Could see Appert screaming for a call. Both teams traded momentum swings, and obviouslly special teams were big. We kept competing right to the very end. Lee's goal was all hustle. Not sure what to expect from Clarkson but if they beat Union last night they will be a tough opponent to say the very least.
                      Thanks for the report-an eyewitness account makes so much of a difference. CCT presents a little different set of problems. They are a high scoring team(perhaps even more so than SLU) but they spread the offense around more and it is not just one line as it was for SLU. They seem to take more penalties but their special teams are at the same level as what we faced last night. Again it will be the match ups-do we have the lines to match up against theirs. We were OK with the big line last night when we had 3 forwards out there. We could not handle that line when we were down a man. We need a better start, we need to not fall behind, we need to not take twice as many penalties as they do and we absolutely need to avoid taking any sort of penalty when we are already a man down. That 5 on 3 last nikght could have been a disaster and determine the game right then. That kill was huge-and yet we took 2 more penalties after. My gut tells me that SLU is somewhat tougher to play than CCT but we may have some very tired legs after yesterday. Certainly would be nice to see us healthy for tonight with Tinordi back and perhaps one more set of fresh legs.

Comment

Thanks for the report-an eyewitness account makes so much of a difference.
                        I actually wasn't there in person, I watched it on America One. I unfortunately cant take credit for being there.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                          I actually wasn't there in person, I watched it on America One. I unfortunately cant take credit for being there.
                          Still better than my just listening. I used to watch every game on B2. But I just could not justify paying for their horrible coverage.

Comment

Still better than my just listening. I used to watch every game on B2. But I just could not justify paying for their horrible coverage.
                            I agree, last night's coverage was tough. Could actually hear Kurt Stutt yell score! when we scored , over the SLU announcers. Must be a small press area.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                              Not flattering, just better.
                              In your mind, maybe. You don't do anything more than regurgitate a score that Ralph already does. At least I provide the time elapsed in the game, as well as powerplay situations and timeouts. Your recaps suck.

Comment

Working...
                              X