Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

Due to an unfortunate medical condition, Minnesota State's fourth leading scorer from a year ago, senior Zach Lehrke will not play his final season in Mankato. This is a very unfortunate set if circumstances for one of the toughest kids to play the game. All the best, Zach. Thanks for your commitment to Maverick Hockey.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

If you're expecting to get a feed from your team's exhibition games this weekend, don't bet on it. Looks like the America One deal only covers WCHA league games.

EDIT: On second thought, this BC/UAA game is not being held at the Sully. Might be why America One isn't showing it.
      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 10-04-2013, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Nice! I don't know if it's an oversight, or if this is actually what they intend, but it looks like the WCHA package is working for exhibition games. I'm watching NMU and the USNDP U-18 right now, for no extra charge! And it actually looks pretty good too, dunno about "full HD", but it's definitely not bad, and smooth too.

Comment

Originally posted by AKJD View Post
          Nice! I don't know if it's an oversight, or if this is actually what they intend, but it looks like the WCHA package is working for exhibition games. I'm watching NMU and the USNDP U-18 right now, for no extra charge! And it actually looks pretty good too, dunno about "full HD", but it's definitely not bad, and smooth too.
          We are also watching BG warmup as well... The PnP is awesome. Switching feeds is quick and easy. This is leaps and bounds above Tech's old crap.
          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Yeah, I've got all three going. Whatever reservations I had about this setup, are gone. Sure, free would be better, but if the whole season works like this, I'll consider it well worth the cost.

Comment

NMU only has one home non-con game, but do you think the showing of these ex-games means the package will be showing home WCHA non-con games? I wasn't expecting that in the package.

I caught the tail end of the NMU vs USA D-Team 1st period and it looks good.
              NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

I guess we'll find out for sure when it happens, but it looks like it. I was expecting to have to buy at least 7 non-league games separately, since there weren't any month(team) or tournament packages available like there used to be. But with it working now, I'm hoping that they're showing all WCHA teams' home games, league or otherwise.

Unless this is just a warm up weekend, making sure everything works right. I suppose that's a possibility since they're exhibition games, but I hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                  NMU only has one home non-con game, but do you think the showing of these ex-games means the package will be showing home WCHA non-con games? I wasn't expecting that in the package.

I caught the tail end of the NMU vs USA D-Team 1st period and it looks good.
                  Sure seems that way. We bought as Tech fans. And are watching them all.
                  MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

The BG feed looked HD; the UA_ feed did not.

GFM <— going upstairs to the bigger monitor to watch that game.
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Also, this answers the "will A1 accept radio simulcast" question. I had heard that F1S wanted a two-man crew solely for their broadcasts.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Good job by the Bulldogs crushing Colgate.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

If for any reason at all any of you want to read the little preview I put together for Minnesota State, see our season thread.

Best of luck to everyone as the rest of us kick the season off here shortly.
                          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I bought the Mankato vs Lethbridge game last night on America One Sports. Quality was definitely much better than years past. It's not as nice as what you'd see on ESPN or Big 10's streaming, but it's definitely watchable. I went ahead and ordered the WCHA package after the game.

Comment

With college hockey season starting to ramp up, that makes this the perfect time to make official what seemed likely 3-4 months ago - the death of College Hockey Tonight/The Hockey Show.

Scott Williams and I have co-hosted the radio program for the last 14 years, and had hoped that we could find a way to continue despite my move to Traverse City this past June. Unfortunately, we just couldn't find a workable solution. It certainly wasn't a lack of interest in doing the show on either of our parts. I will certainly miss being associated with Bemidji State University Athletics and talking with all the coaches around the sport.

It's been a great run. Thanks for the memories.
                              Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                              B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                              CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                              ECAC:
                              HEA: UMass
                              NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                              Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                                With college hockey season starting to ramp up, that makes this the perfect time to make official what seemed likely 3-4 months ago - the death of College Hockey Tonight/The Hockey Show.

Scott Williams and I have co-hosted the radio program for the last 14 years, and had hoped that we could find a way to continue despite my move to Traverse City this past June. Unfortunately, we just couldn't find a workable solution. It certainly wasn't a lack of interest in doing the show on either of our parts. I will certainly miss being associated with Bemidji State University Athletics and talking with all the coaches around the sport.

It's been a great run. Thanks for the memories.
                                That is too bad. I completely missed that you moved to Michigan.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X