Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Just another, "I want someone else to spend money and give me something for free" people.
    No. Just three months ago, all the league could say was "we're gonna give this away free." All summer long, that's the way folks assumed it would operate - free. Then, with no further word, it comes out as $150 ($125) a year. That's a slap in the face. If there was any doubt - and I mean any - that they could do if for free, they shouldn't have said free three months ago.

"We're looking at is more as an investment," Minnesota State athletic director Kevin Buisman said. "I think it will create familiarity and interest for all levels — fans, boosters and alumni — and, equally, exposure to student-athletes and recruits. We need to guide them to a viable platform where they can catch games live or on demand."
    http://mankatofreepresshockey.blogsp...notes.html?m=1
    http://mankatofreepress.com/sports/x...t-fit-for-WCHA
    http://mankatofreepress.com/sports/x...EW-LOOK-LEAGUE
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Free? Nothing is free. Whenever I hear the word free I am always leery of when the wheel will fall off.
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

We've bought our yearly. I just hope the quality is improved as promised. Sad to see the fox thing not go through, but 125 for a full year isn't bad at all to me.
        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
          We've bought our yearly. I just hope the quality is improved as promised. Sad to see the fox thing not go through, but 125 for a full year isn't bad at all to me.
          Yeah the $125 isn't a bad price at all, but like you, just hoping the quality is improved. Maybe I'll just pay for the first game as a single to see if it really is improved and then by the yearly package if it's good.

Comment

Originally posted by tunahead08 View Post
            Yeah the $125 isn't a bad price at all, but like you, just hoping the quality is improved. Maybe I'll just pay for the first game as a single to see if it really is improved and then by the yearly package if it's good.
            It's $150 after October 1st. So if you like it, the first day will come with a $25 premium.
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Every school has HD cameras now. It's supposed to be better. Octoshape handles HD. We'll see how well, I guess.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                Just another, "I want someone else to spend money and give me something for free" people.
                How about you address the subject matter ONCE when you quote me rather than purposely mischaracterizing me or what you incorrectly and might I add stupidly assume are my motivations.

Also ... NMU is a crappy school in a crappy town in a craphole of a state. No surprise that you and it were ever affiliated in any manner. Now go shine Rick Comely's shoes ... Boy.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                  How about you address the subject matter ONCE when you quote me rather than purposely mischaracterizing me or what you incorrectly and might I add stupidly assume are my motivations.

Also ... NMU is a crappy school in a crappy town in a craphole of a state. No surprise that you and it were ever affiliated in any manner. Now go shine Rick Comely's shoes ... Boy.
                  That's not very nice. It is not a crappy town.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post

The season hasn't even begun and already the trash talk has started.
                    NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                      The season hasn't even begun and already the trash talk has started.
                      That's not mere trash talk. For our fellow ex-CCHA fans, uaafanblarg ("Donald Dunlop") goes through periods of such screeds. Naturally, he'll deny that it's an anger issue and claim that he's smarter than everyone else, "very passionate", or somehow "older and wiser", but many respected UAA fans (such as Suze) know he's a raging arse, and so should the rest of the league.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        That's not mere trash talk. For our fellow ex-CCHA fans, uaafanblarg ("Donald Dunlop") goes through periods of such screeds. Naturally, he'll deny that it's an anger issue and claim that he's smarter than everyone else, "very passionate", or somehow "older and wiser", but many respected UAA fans (such as Suze) know he's a raging arse, and so should the rest of the league.
                        Oh Joy!
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

"You know, uaafanblarg, I do believe you're going ninety miles an hour toward a nervous breakdown. We're going to have to do something about your ravings."

Comment

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post

cant wait to visit Anchorage. I've heard it's a great city with a lot of great hockey fans.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              I already had him on ignore.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                cant wait to visit Anchorage. I've heard it's a great city with a lot of great hockey fans.
                                You coming up this season?
                                Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Working...
                                X