Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

I interpret mr. Fairbank's poorly explained entry to mean that the WCHA schools (sans BG) will have an online stream as in the past but from better gear and instead of paying some useless twats like B2 you'll get it for free.

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
      Local markets will have their TV deals/but no national as daveyd says...The WCHA and FOX, part of FOX 1 I believe, are going to broadcast ALL WCHA games via the internet for free...Each school, with Bowling Green doing their own thing from what I understand((deal with Learfield Communications I think--they have divsioj one football))...Each school with the President's blessings?? bought $100,000 worth of HD equipment and will produce the broadcasts...Like America one/B2 set up but they are hoping for better quality.... we will c....
      I don't know where you get your info, but LSSU has not purchased $100,000 of HD equipment. I 100% guarantee that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
        I don't know where you get your info, but LSSU has not purchased $100,000 of HD equipment. I 100% guarantee that.
        I've seen that statement that each school purchased $100,000 worth of equipment mentioned in several message board posts, but I have seen no news articles or releases from the schools to confirm it. That would lead me to believe the statement is incorrect.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          I've seen that statement that each school purchased $100,000 worth of equipment mentioned in several message board posts, but I have seen no news articles or releases from the schools to confirm it. That would lead me to believe the statement is incorrect.
          I also don't know why Bemidji State would need to purchase $100,000 in equipment. Their home games are already produced in HD by Lakeland Public Television, and that has been the same feed that has gone out over the 'net in the past. It would just be a matter of buying/changing out the equipment from the one host to the other.

I could possibly see the "league" spending a total of $100,000, but not each school.
          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Well I only hope that all of these streams can be accessed from one spot.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              I highly doubt that will be the case ... Will it really be so awful to have to go to each schools website to click a link to see a free game that interests you?

Without anything to go by I'm guessing that the other schools are adopting the UAA model ... At least it sounds that way interpreting that prior post from Mr. FairbanksNotAWriterDude

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                Hope is good. Breath-holding is bad. It's a shame to see the FSG product on indefinite hold. They certainly did the right thing for them by prioritizing the launch of FS1.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                  I highly doubt that will be the case ... Will it really be so awful to have to go to each schools website to click a link to see a free game that interests you?

Without anything to go by I'm guessing that the other schools are adopting the UAA model ... At least it sounds that way interpreting that prior post from Mr. FairbanksNotAWriterDude
                  From what I've pieced together, it's status quo for most the teams. It was reported that NMU re-signed with AmericaOne for all sports including hockey. Which sucks because unless there is a WCHA.tv package deal, that means piecing together games like in years past.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Well..all I can say, is that the INFO I was given was from the Alaska AD at a Face Off Club Meeting in June. All the info posted was reported in detail at the Face Off Club meeting by the AD himself. I was at that meeting. But it looks like things are not as reported. And for that, good or bad.have been trying to hook up with the Alaska boss to confirm, but he has been out of town a lot...

It makes sense that the schools that already are wired for HD would NOT have to make that costly investment. And the FOX 1 network probably has their hands full just getting their main product up and running before they venture into other projects.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      From what I've pieced together, it's status quo for most the teams. It was reported that NMU re-signed with AmericaOne for all sports including hockey. Which sucks because unless there is a WCHA.tv package deal, that means piecing together games like in years past.
                      Looks like the Fox Sports deal is off for now.

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/2013/8/30/4674030/wcha-online-streaming-deal-with-fox-sports-go-delayed
                      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Well, that's too bad. Being that I no longer live in a WCHA market, I was really looking forward to the streaming setup they were talking about.

Assuming everyone goes with what they did last year, do we know what that is? I know UAF used AmericaOne, and I'm pretty sure that LSSU, NMU, and Ferris did as well. I see Bowling Green and UAH on their schedule already, but that's it so far. UAA has their free feed, but that's all I know about the old WCHA schools.

If everyone goes with AmericaOne or a free feed, it won't be too bad I guess. Not great, but could be worse. I just hope there aren't a lot of schools that have their own subscription service. Those were a hassle with Miami, tOSU, and Michigan State last year, and Michigan didn't have anything I could find.

As a side note, I saw a Brice Alaska Goal Rush tournament package for Merrimack for $150?!? Even if that's a mis-labeled Merrimack season package, that's crazy

Edit: Digging a little deeper, BSU has links to AmericaOne as well (nothing scheduled), and MSU-M has links to both Stretch and AmericaOne, not sure what's going on there. Still can't find anything for Michigan Tech.
                        Last edited by AKJD; 08-30-2013, 03:45 PM. Reason: So as not to double post!

Comment

Tech has run their own video feed for awhile now - it's been a subscription service. Not sure if that will change this season or not, but it seems unlikely with FSGo now on hold.

Comment

We've used AmericaONE in past seasons, and I expect that we'll do so again.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Unless there is a reciprocal agreement (I believe NMU had one with some of the other AmericaOne schools), you still need to piece together a full season using multiple sources. And, depending on how the package is sold, you're going to buy games you don't need. If I recall, Miami University, Michigan, and a couple other schools used to sell "month long" packages as the minimum.

Right now, the only way to get BGSU hockey games, is to buy their full school package for $150. And that only gives you BGSU's home games. (http://b2tv.com/partner_members.asp?...alue=26&id=283)

In years past, LSSU had an agreement with NMU and their road games were available to the other schools.

NMU has no hockey package available on AmericaOne (yet). http://b2tv.com/partner_members.asp?id=17
                              UAH appears to offer no package rates, only available on a per game basis. And currently only the two road games at BGSU are available. http://b2tv.com/partner_members.asp?id=172

MTU's Huskieslive.mtu.edu feed doesn't show hockey as an option to purchase for this season. Yet.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Unless there is a reciprocal agreement (I believe NMU had one with some of the other AmericaOne schools), you still need to piece together a full season using multiple sources. And, depending on how the package is sold, you're going to buy games you don't need. If I recall, Miami University, Michigan, and a couple other schools used to sell "month long" packages as the minimum.

Right now, the only way to get BGSU hockey games, is to buy their full school package for $150. And that only gives you BGSU's home games. (http://b2tv.com/partner_members.asp?...alue=26&id=283)

In years past, LSSU had an agreement with NMU and their road games were available to the other schools.

NMU has no hockey package available on AmericaOne (yet). http://b2tv.com/partner_members.asp?id=17
                                UAH appears to offer no package rates, only available on a per game basis. And currently only the two road games at BGSU are available. http://b2tv.com/partner_members.asp?id=172

MTU's Huskieslive.mtu.edu feed doesn't show hockey as an option to purchase for this season. Yet.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X