Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    Why don't you email them and say, "I do it for free"?
    I already have an outlet that I don't make enough time for.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

For those that don't have twitter, there's been a few tweets recently about LSSU naming a TV play-by-play guy for their web-stream or on Fox Sports 1

@LakeStateHockey: Join us in congratulating @TalkingTim as the Lakers new play-by-play announcer for the Fox 1 Sports Network! #congrats #LakerHockey #WCHA

And just before that tweet- @SourKrout87: @LakeStateHockey @TalkingTim to be the new LSSU TV PLAY-BY-PLAY guy. Every LSSU game to be either web-stream or on regional fox sports one.

Today Matt Wellens is saying no deals is done between WCHA and Fox Sports.

Comment

Also, there are no "regional" Fox Sports 1 stations. It's a national broadcast similar to ESPN and NBC Sports Net. There was talk of a Fox Sports 2 channel accompanying FS1 on launch, but those talks have quieted.

There is no change with the Regional Fox Sports networks, so Fox Sports Detroit could still pick up games, as could the mother station if it wanted.

I have a hunch the WCHA games will be webcast on Fox Sports Go, their mobile device app coming this fall. Similar to how WatchESPN works.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

You have your refs. http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=94662
          "My greatest achievement."
          Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
            No Anderson, No Thul - awesome. I'm rather happy to see some new faces, at least until they start making bad calls.

Comment

Why did no one take Marco?
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                Why did no one take Marco?
                Hunt? Read the WCHA list again (I believe he is also going to do Big Ten games).
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  Hunt? Read the WCHA list again (I believe he is also going to do Big Ten games).
                  i meant no one took him away from the WCHA.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I'll just be happy to see the same set of clowns on our ice each week. I like figuring out what makes them mad.

GFM <— notes that it's the little things that make him happy about this WCHA, to say nothing of, "Oh, we get to keep having a varsity program."
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Yes! We get to keep Marco!!!!
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Sergott? Langseth? Wilkins?

All previous WCHA schools are in for a real treat when these guys come to ref. The pride of the CCHA! Not....

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
                          Sergott? Langseth? Wilkins?

All previous WCHA schools are in for a real treat when these guys come to ref. The pride of the CCHA! Not....
                          Let's be honest about this, though. The NCHC fans aren't happy about the guys that they kept either. Same with the Big Ten. No matter who the refs are, people are going to be upset. For the most part, I think all of the refs are OK. Of cour,se there are a few exceptions, but no one is EVER going to be happy with the refs that they have.

I look at a guy like Derek Shepherd and there wasn't a single fan base in the WCHA that thought he didn't screw them. MN does, UND does, MSU does, SCSU does, UMD does and the list goes on and on. I'm not saying people don't have a point with some guys, but to me the complaining about how bad refs are gets overblown.

FYI...this wasn't necessarily directed at you Lakers2Glory, your post just happened to be the one that I quoted.
                          Last edited by Bale; 08-08-2013, 10:01 AM.
                          Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                            Let's be honest about this, though. The NCHC fans aren't happy about the guys that they kept either. Same with the Big Ten. No matter who the refs are, people are going to be upset. For the most part, I think all of the refs are OK. Of cour,se there are a few exceptions, but no one is EVER going to be happy with the refs that they have.

I look at a guy like Derek Shepherd and there wasn't a single fan base in the WCHA that thought he didn't screw them. MN does, UND does, MSU does, SCSU does, UMD does and the list goes on and on. I'm not saying people don't have a point with some guys, but to me the complaining about how bad refs are gets overblown.

FYI...this wasn't necessarily directed at you Lakers2Glory, your post just happened to be the one that I quoted.
                            Having reffed (not hockey, but other sports, including college baseball), I tend to cut the refs a break. It is a helluva lot tougher than the average Joe in the stands thinks. You have to make a split second decision and don't have the benefit of being able to stop play and look up at the video scoreboards and second guess yourself like the 3,000+ people are going to do. If these average Joes think it is so easy, lace up the skates, pass the exams and get out there and do a better job than what you are seeing.

I saw someone post this over on another board and I think it rings true. Until you make refs a full time position, there is going to be room for improvement, perceived or otherwise. Remember, these guys have day jobs and reffing is a side job for them. The couple of hundred bucks they get paid for a series sometimes isn't worth the crap they take sometimes. I always knew that coaches, especially college ones, were going to be tough, but the fans are the ones that can be the real jerks. The ones that don't know the rule book are the worst.
                            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post

No worries, didn't think it was!

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                I'll just be happy to see the same set of clowns on our ice each week. I like figuring out what makes them mad.

GFM <— notes that it's the little things that make him happy about this WCHA, to say nothing of, "Oh, we get to keep having a varsity program."
                                But...but...no Doug Martinson?!
                                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                                uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                                U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                                NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                                CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                                CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X