Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Guess who might be back in the WCHA, if UAH can come up with some coin.
    Wow, talk about a downgrade. It'd be great if he could turn them around. Definitely a challenge, and the winter weather is a bonus.

r

Comment

• Re: The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
      Wow, talk about a downgrade.
      Thanks!

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        Thanks!

GFM
        No offense intended, truly.

r

Comment

The Irony of even the possibility of Gwoz ending up back in the WCHA is amazing.
          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
            The Irony of even the possibility of Gwoz ending up back in the WCHA is amazing.
            Seriously. Orchestrate the whole implosion of the WCHA, inadvertently kill the CCHA, be on record as hating trips to Anchorage, Bemidji, and Houghton...

... get kicked out of the league he formed and now could travel to Anchorage, Bemidji, and Houghton regularly.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
              Couldn't happen to a bigger d-bag.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

All schadenfreude aside, if Gwoz gets/takes the job, I think he adds a fair amount of street cred to the nWCHA, even if he just views UAH as a stopgap until a bigger reclamation project comes along.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Seriously. Orchestrate the whole implosion of the WCHA, inadvertently kill the CCHA, be on record as hating trips to Anchorage, Bemidji, and Houghton...

... get kicked out of the league he formed and now could travel to Anchorage, Bemidji, and Houghton regularly.
                  I can just see all the signs now at games if he gets the UAH job........ Students sections could have fun with this one!!!!
                  Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                  FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                  NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                  NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                  NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                  NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                  Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                  Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    All schadenfreude aside, if Gwoz gets/takes the job, I think he adds a fair amount of street cred to the nWCHA, even if he just views UAH as a stopgap until a bigger reclamation project comes along.
                    That should be the concern for UAH. This hire will be our fourth coach in seven years. We really need someone who's thinking of building the program long-term and not as a short-term stopgap.

If Gwozdecky wants to put in that time, wonderful. But it doesn't do UAH any good if he starts looking at the first Big Ten or NCHC job that becomes available.
                    Michael Napier - UAH '97
                    uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                    U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                    NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                    CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                    CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                      That should be the concern for UAH. This hire will be our fourth coach in seven years. We really need someone who's thinking of building the program long-term and not as a short-term stopgap.

If Gwozdecky wants to put in that time, wonderful. But it doesn't do UAH any good if he starts looking at the first Big Ten or NCHC job that becomes available.
                      He'd be one last place finish at MSU or UW away from bolting as soon as next summer.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        be on record as hating...Bemidji...
                        Sounds like he'll fit right in to me!
                        UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                        2006 Time Person of the Year
                        Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                        It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          That would be what UAH would have to think. Hopefully, he'll set them up to be a nice place to be for some younger coach who's looking to put down roots for a while to set up shop after him.
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                            Wow, talk about a downgrade. It'd be great if he could turn them around. Definitely a challenge, and the winter weather is a bonus.

r
                            If UAH decides to upgrade their facilities by millions of dollars with a coach like Gwoz in my opinion the sky's the limit. This market has the capability to be a huge destination for kids who are sick and tired of the cold.
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Is UAH D1 in all sports? Even if they are a low major, it could make all the difference in funding both Gwoz's salary and some of the improvements he would want. The tricky part though, is that UAH does not own their arena.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Is UAH D1 in all sports? Even if they are a low major, it could make all the difference in funding both Gwoz's salary and some of the improvements he would want. The tricky part though, is that UAH does not own their arena.
                                They are D2.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X