Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
    Why didn't the WCHA ADs and Presidents meet in Mackinaw Island they could have eaten at the real Pink Pony and meet Howard too
    Because they voted to decide Rainbow Dash as the best pony.
    *****http://pinkie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw8848-1353977986941.png******
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The price of a multi-camera production is dropping like a rock too. Although not the greatest, you can get a Tricaster or a Broadcast Pix Flint for under $20,000. You would just need some cameras like the Panasonic HPX170 for under $4,000 and you have an okay HD multi-cam production. While not a great option, it's an option, especially on a budget.

Comment

Why didn't the WCHA ADs and Presidents meet in Mackinaw Island they could have eaten at the real Pink Pony and meet Howard too
        *****http://media3.giphy.com/media/5vBUXo7cbTEOc/original.gif****** .
        Last edited by bigmrg74; 06-13-2013, 12:46 AM.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Apologies if it was covered... I'm in summer vacation mode... does anyone know which talented, fair, respected officials were poached by the other leagues and which elderly, overweight, half-blind, half-wits we will be stuck with? Not to prejudge them or anything...
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
            Apologies if it was covered... I'm in summer vacation mode... does anyone know which talented, fair, respected officials were poached by the other leagues and which elderly, overweight, half-blind, half-wits we will be stuck with? Not to prejudge them or anything...
            Which officials would you define as elderly or overweight?
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
              What amuses me about the WCHA ref pool being 'raided' is that the officiating has been complained about quite a bit by the breakaway schools, and yet it seems they're going to be stuck with at least some of their least favorite refs.

For all the talk of hiring "better" officials, I think the reality is that most of the old WCHA stripes will end up in either the B1G or NCHC just based on experience and location, and the WCHA will be hiring quite a few new faces.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                Those that the WCHA gets stuck with.

(Just in case your question was serious: obviously this was a joke)
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  What amuses me about the WCHA ref pool being 'raided' is that the officiating has been complained about quite a bit by the breakaway schools, and yet it seems they're going to be stuck with at least some of their least favorite refs.

For all the talk of hiring "better" officials, I think the reality is that most of the old WCHA stripes will end up in either the B1G or NCHC just based on experience and location, and the WCHA will be hiring quite a few new faces.
                  Let the break aways have the officials. I don't have a problem with new faces/legs/eyes reffing the WCHA games!
                  Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                  FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                  NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                  NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                  NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                  NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                  Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                  Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

You expected logic to enter into this discussion? Seriously, the guy that people hated and made some of the most disputed calls in Don Adam is leading the reffing team. Refs will NEVER be able to perform up to par in some people's eyes. Every conference does and will continue to be looked at as being bad.
                    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                      You expected logic to enter into this discussion? Seriously, the guy that people hated and made some of the most disputed calls in Don Adam is leading the reffing team. Refs will NEVER be able to perform up to par in some people's eyes. Every conference does and will continue to be looked at as being bad.
                      I think in the grand scheme of things the difference in many people's eyes is that Papa Shep will not be in charge anymore.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

If was did he wear a Pink tie?
                        Reading your drivel requires Rosetta Stone: Pink Pony TardSpeak.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

So I was at Game Five of the Calder Cup finals between the Grand Rapids Griffins and the Syracuse Crunch and...

... Van Andel Arena definitely has potential to be one Hell of a venue for the WCHA Championship. 10k capacity and it gets LOUD in there with how on top of the ice the fans are. I really think any impressions given from the NCAA regionals will not be the same. With some good marketing and tie-ins by the Griffins, it's going to be a fun place to play for the league title.

I really can't wait for the 2015 Championship. I just hope the Wildcats can be there to compete. Lots of activity around the area too after the game; we waited around a bit to catch up with some people we knew, and lots of people were walking around the arena going to various bars and restaurants.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            So I was at Game Five of the Calder Cup finals between the Grand Rapids Griffins and the Syracuse Crunch and...

... Van Andel Arena definitely has potential to be one Hell of a venue for the WCHA Championship. 10k capacity and it gets LOUD in there with how on top of the ice the fans are. I really think any impressions given from the NCAA regionals will not be the same. With some good marketing and tie-ins by the Griffins, it's going to be a fun place to play for the league title.

I really can't wait for the 2015 Championship. I just hope the Wildcats can be there to compete. Lots of activity around the area too after the game; we waited around a bit to catch up with some people we knew, and lots of people were walking around the arena going to various bars and restaurants.
                            Good news, I just wish it was Grand Rapids, Minnesota.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              The leftovers

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

GR has a great area around the arena, and you're not going to have the NCAA No Fun Police there either as part of a championship.
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X