Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Guess you are SOL then.
    If I cant find it how are people in Grand Forks going to find the channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
      I would guess by using the Channel Guide.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Like you care
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Why would anyone be intrested. In a bush league like the WCHA.

The league offers nothing to any sports fan in the universe.

The WCHA is lucky to be on radio in Soo, Michigan.

Heck you can't even find a fan sitting in a seat in Marqueete because

Everybody is drinking at the local bowling alley.

Who cares about league that doesnt have Minnesota and North Dakotas.

For a media guy you don't have any confidence in the WCHA.

I hope they don't invite you to the media day. The WCHA needs more

Bashers like you.
          So PP, which of our regular posters are you masquerading as? Seriously, it's time to end this charade.

Comment

One person who can help the WCHA his name happens to quite popular around the world and knows good coffee when he sees it his name is a proud NMU grad Howard Schultz owner of Starbucks.

Davyd read chapter 5 in Howard Schultz book, Pour your Heart into it. The chapter 5 is called "Naysayers Never Built A Great Enterprise."

I found a sponsor

We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done.
            --Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Kavanagh, 1846
            Yes have a coffee on me.

Comment

Yes have a coffee on me.
              Talking to yourself now? Are you ignoring me? That makes me sad.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Talking to yourself now? Are you ignoring me? That makes me sad.
                *****http://dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw8998-1357376158891.jpg******
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
                  One person who can help the WCHA his name happens to quite popular around the world and knows good coffee when he sees it his name is a proud NMU grad Howard Schultz owner of Starbucks.

Davyd read chapter 5 in Howard Schultz book, Pour your Heart into it. The chapter 5 is called "Naysayers Never Built A Great Enterprise."

I found a sponsor

We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done.
                  --Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Kavanagh, 1846
                  Well now you not only have Howard personally funding NMU Hockey, you have his company funding a national advertising package that would be of little benefit to his company. Quick, call Bruce McLeod. The league needs you.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I can think of a dozen companies that would be better fits with the WCHA than Starbucks, and I'd venture that someone at the WCHA that gets paid a whole lot more than I do already has been in contact with them.

Companies like 3M, Red Baron, Wells Fargo (MN-ish based) and 5/3, Amway, Little Ceasers (MI-ish based) make a ton more sense than some company who's CEO graduated from NMU.

The other thing this Pony seems to forget is that Starbucks reports to its shareholders. And if sponsoring the WCHA isn't going to be profitable, they're not going to be a charity for the WCHA.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

What channel is that on? I cant find it on my tv.
                      Keep adjusting those bunny ears....maybe try some tin foil. You'll find it eventually!
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        I can think of a dozen companies that would be better fits with the WCHA than Starbucks, and I'd venture that someone at the WCHA that gets paid a whole lot more than I do already has been in contact with them.

Companies like 3M, Red Baron, Wells Fargo (MN-ish based) and 5/3, Amway, Little Ceasers (MI-ish based) make a ton more sense than some company who's CEO graduated from NMU.

The other thing this Pony seems to forget is that Starbucks reports to its shareholders. And if sponsoring the WCHA isn't going to be profitable, they're not going to be a charity for the WCHA.
                        What, a board of directors and shareholders concerned about return on investment? Don't you know that a good Yooper sales person would be able to not only talk Howard into funding NMU Hockey, but into investing his company's money into the league as well? Hey, maybe Starbucks can underwrite the whole broadcast package to boost the 20 or so stores in WCHA markets! There are millions to be made! Haha! That Ferris-Bemidji matchup should be enough to boot bouncy ball off ESPNU, after all there's got to be big profits there. And an NMU-Tech battle before a sellout crowd of 1256 at historic Dee Stadium is gonna a prime time Friday on the network that does no regular season college hockey! The WCHA is gonna revolutionize ESPN's college sports coverage, maybe they'll even move a few bowl games to ESPN3 to make room for it! And here's an even better idea, why not get Starbucks to buy naming rights for the league? The Starbucks Collegiate Hockey Association!!! Only $5 million a year for those naming rights! Sign 'em up to a 20 year deal! The Big Ten and SEC have their own TV networks, here comes the SCHA Network!
                        Last edited by davyd83; 06-10-2013, 09:26 AM.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Keep adjusting those bunny ears....maybe try some tin foil. You'll find it eventually!
                          Oh, he has the tin foil! A whole haberdashery full of tin foil hats.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            And here's an even better idea, why not get Starbucks to buy naming rights for the league? The Starbucks Collegiate Hockey Association!!! Only $5 million a year for those naming rights! Sign 'em up to a 20 year deal! The Big Ten and SEC have their own TV networks, here comes the SCHA Network!
                            Wait a minute... your sarcasm may be onto something.

The Amway Western Collegiate Hockey Association conference. And in recognition of the history of the past industries of Michigan and Minnesota, the regular season Champ wins the 3M MacInnes Cup (AKA: Mother and Father Mining Cup) and the Tournament Champion gets the ACE Hardware / Husqvarna Trophy.

Oh, who are we kidding. It'll be the Shopko Hockey Conference and we'll be playing for a DQ Blizzard Cup. And no, not a trophy, an actual empty Blizzard cup.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              The Amway Western Collegiate Hockey Association conference.
                              We can sell the Internet streaming package door to door!
                              Michael Napier - UAH '97
                              uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                              U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                              NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                              CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                              CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                                We can sell the Internet streaming package door to door!
                                We'll recruit a whole army of new AWCHA fans to sell the streaming package nationwide!

Comment

Working...
                                X