Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
    Source? i'm not seeing it anywhere
    that was direct from twitter and its now at WCHB: http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....buffalo-sabres
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony
      The new President better up the ante to get a quality guy going into the new league.

Maybe Gwoz is wanting to get close to home.
      Not that your fake *** had any credibility at all, but suggesting Gwoz to LSSU would have killed any that you did have left.

One of the weaker trolls I've seen in a while.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Not that your fake *** had any credibility at all, but suggesting Gwoz to LSSU would have killed any that you did have left.

One of the weaker trolls I've seen in a while.
        I'm pretty sure Pony is the same guy behind technohusky and his twin whose name I forget. From the Tech coach search 2 years ago. Pretty much the exact same style of posting.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
          Source? i'm not seeing it anywhere
          And now Chris Dilks reporting:
          LSSU assistant coach Tim Christian says Jim Roque has not yet been offered a job by the Buffalo Sabres, contrary to the WDT report.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

In an interesting twist to the WCHA's rebirth season, UAH's head coach has chosen to step down in pursuit of a pro-hockey position. The same coach that was a driving force into getting UAH's acceptance into the WCHA.

Also, the UAA circus continues, with UAA's AD being fired.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Only one thing is for certain in this circus... ponies.
              Ryan J

Or the USCHO approved model...
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I'm glad that Cobb's firing and very public response have taken us off of the hottest burner.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  *****http://dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw8968-548597_512024965495130_956259811_n.jpg******
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

WCHA to gather Presidents and AD's at Bemidji to hammer out final details for 2013-14 season.
                    http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/conten...t-meet-bemidji

Presidents from schools in the revamped league will meet here Sunday and Monday for a league-wide summit to discuss media packages, finances, budgets and various other items described by WCHA commissioner Bruce McLeod as things that the presidents need to “vote on and stamp out.”
                    The No. 1 item on the agenda for the presidents to discuss is what McLeod referred to as a “formal presentation” to the league presidents regarding a “media package” that includes television deals for WCHA regular season and tournament games as well as internet streaming rights.

“A lot of it is kind of a new area for us,” McLeod said. “It takes a lot to get it in place at this point. Everybody’s been doing it on their own, so it’s complicated because there are contracts in place and it’s taken us a long time to get here.

“There’s some substantial costs involved to get the kind of quality we want and some of the bells and whistles we need to get the package forward.”
                    Happy, happy! Joy, joy!

I'm not privy to any of the potential information, but I would guess that TV coverage will be done by FS-North, with simulcast on FS-Wisconsin and FS-Detroit. As for internet... I'd love for a WCHA.tv package, but fear it's just a B2Networks bundle deal.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

FS-North might agree to broadcast some games, but I wouldn't get my hopes up on the simulcast part of your proposal; especially FSD.

And the internet stream will undoubtedly be an overpriced B2 feed.

Comment

Not mention it's a nice opportunity for everyone to laugh at the poo show that is UAA right now. Tough week for UAA Chancellor Tom Case, he faces the UA Board of Regents and now the the Presidents and ADs in the WCHA.

Whatever happens, it's not going to be good for UAA.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          WCHA to gather Presidents and AD's at Bemidji to hammer out final details for 2013-14 season.
                          I'm not privy to any of the potential information, but I would guess that TV coverage will be done by FS-North, with simulcast on FS-Wisconsin and FS-Detroit. As for internet... I'd love for a WCHA.tv package, but fear it's just a B2Networks bundle deal.
                          Maybe, but I'm curious about this from McLeod: “There’s some substantial costs involved to get the kind of quality we want and some of the bells and whistles we need to get the package forward.” I don't know if that's an indication that there will be something substantial in terms of Internet coverage, something like ESPN3. Of course, it will be done with whatever partner takes us on.

I wonder if I'm going to get to do games again.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

What about ESPNU?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
                              What about ESPNU?
                              Actually CBS and NBC are locked in a battle over who will televise WCHA hockey. The main proposal is for a Sunday afternoon/ Monday night package, with the secondary package set for Friday night/Saturday afternoon...wait...sorry...I was smoking crack again...ESPN will televise games Tuesday and Thursday nights during prime time on its main network with Fox1 picking up Friday and Saturday nights...hold it...hold it...hold it.........ERE...cough...cough...cough...
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
                                What about ESPNU?
                                No way! They are tied in with the SEC. Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee and Kentucky are all adding varsity men's and women's hockey this year...with LSU, A&M, Arkansas and Florida starting up next year...puff puff... Cough...cough...

Comment

Working...
                                X