Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    PS - Off the record, I think the change was more to show that they are listening to their fans. Notice how the skaters legs look like a lower case "n". That's right... the league logo is now a subtle nWCHA.
    "That's not all he's lost..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      You said that "The Old WCHA is Dead."
      Well, it is. All conference play is over.
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post

The six teams - including yours - that made the tourney will be announced tomorrow night as being from the WCHA.

Those teams will represent the conference in the NCAAs. They will have WCHA patches on their jerseys.

The house is sold, but we don't have to be out till the closing date and can anyone blame us if we want to have a few last looks around?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          Ummm, we've got a few weeks before it becomes your conference.
          All the trophies are handed out. All the conference games are played. We've killed off the old logo. What else is there left to do? Stick a fork in it, oWCHA is done.
          You should be happy - we didn't even charge you an exit fee to leave the conference.

Moving on...
          Ryan J
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Since I actually missed the press conference I didn't know this when I first saw the new logo but it helped me make sense of it. I think the player moved from the right to the left because they also plan on using the player and just the "W" on some things...
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
              That's the influence for what I said. The main influence that being from the WCHA has for these teams is in where teams will be slotted in the regionals. But I do see why you objected, Gurtholfin.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                Since I actually missed the press conference I didn't know this when I first saw the new logo but it helped me make sense of it. I think the player moved from the right to the left because they also plan on using the player and just the "W" on some things...
                I also think it's good because it makes the line of sight inward towards "WCHA" instead of away.

It also makes the logo less horizontal, which makes it easier to place and read in certain situations.

I think the bright red makes it stand out nicely. It's also different from any of the teams in the league (I don't count Ferris State's crimson as bright red).

I was expecting a wholesale change, but since they decided subtle changes were in order instead, these were good tweaks to make.
                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Did the press conference mention which hotel would be the host in Grand Rapids? There's two or three near Van Andel that might work.

Comment

I have no interest in going to Grand Rapids for a Final 5. Yuck. I'll just go tailgating with the Gopher fans and watch the WCHA on whatever podunk channel they can get themselves on, if they can at all.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      I have no interest in going to Grand Rapids for a Final 5. Yuck. I'll just go tailgating with the Gopher fans and watch the WCHA on whatever podunk channel they can get themselves on, if they can at all.
                      You're missing out, it really is a nice city that is in the midst of its "heyday"

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
                        You're missing out, it really is a nice city that is in the midst of its "heyday"
                        If I'm at the tailgate party in St. Paul, I won't be the one "missing out".
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

lol to each his own, I admire anyone who can stomach hanging out with Minnesota fans!

Comment

Okay, I have had some time to go over BSU's numbers to see where things stand for next year.

BSU scored 2.06 goal/game and gave up 3.06 goals/game. Not quite the defensive numbers BSU is used to. BSU had 21 ties or one goal games this year, going 4-9-8 in those. I didn't go into boxscores to look, but I know of at least two other games that had empty netters at the end of them.

BSU will graduate nine seniors this year who accounted for 40 of the teams 78 goals and 58 of the 123 assists. So they will take a hit in scoring. Hopefully there are people ready to step it up.

Back will be:

Sophomore Goaltender Andrew Walsh who frustrated UND and Minnesota fans at the end of the year. 91.6 save percentage and 2.65 GAA
                            Sophomore Danny Mattson, who had a nice streak in the middle of the year. Four goals and 15 assists was good for third on the team this year.
                            Freshman Cory Ward had a nice ending to the year and ended up with nine goals and six assists, good for fifth on the team.
                            Junior Radoslav Illo tallied four goals and ten assists, good for seventh.
                            Junior Jeff Jubinville ended up eighth with six goals and six assists.
                            The top scoring defenseman was sophomore Matt Prapavessis wi two goals and nine assists, good for tenth.

The line of freshman Markus Gerbrandt, freshman Phil Brewer and sophomore Mitch Cain looked really good this year. I see only but good things coming from them in the future.

So, I would like to think that this year was just an off year for the Beavers. One can play the what if game with every team, but when nearly 60% of your schedule are ties or one goal games, it is a fine line. I think the Beavers will be fine next year, but I kind of agree with everyone else, right now, they are kind of a wild card as no one really knows what to expect.
                            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Yeah but the shipping bill on getting all those local GR Brews will be outrageous.
                              Ferris State University - 2012 Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by Jwilly48 View Post
                                Yeah but the shipping bill on getting all those local GR Brews will be outrageous.
                                Why would I pay for beer from Michigan when the Gopher fans make it themselves and give it away for free?

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X