Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

The WCHA has announced its 2013-14 conference schedule!

http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1213/201303/mar7wcm.php
    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nc&usp=sharing

Here's the composite schedule so far.

Notice who scheduled who though. UAA is hosting AHA schools and UA_ is hosting the NCHC schools.
      Non-Conference for BGSU still doesn't have dates confirmed but will include games against:

Colgate, Union, a Home and Home vs Ohio State, and the Three Rivers Classic Tournament (between Christmas and New Years) and will feature Robert Morris, Penn State, and Boston College.
      Bring Back the Glory...

1984 NCAA National Champions
      2 members of the "Miracle on Ice" 1980 Hockey Team

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Falcons View Post
        Non-Conference for BGSU still doesn't have dates confirmed but will include games against:

Colgate, Union, a Home and Home vs Ohio State, and the Three Rivers Classic Tournament (between Christmas and New Years) and will feature Robert Morris, Penn State, and Boston College.
        I have a composite schedule completed for the WCHA with known NC games on it, will try to get with aparch to update the googledoc. Also came up with a potential 4 year rotation. Its a little screwy because they didn't stick with the balanced 6 games for each team against each pair, but that might be a product of the late addition of Huntsville. It's hard to say.
        Needless to say it should be very similar to the old WCHA 10 team schedule, other than your designated rival, over 4 years you play every team in the following rotation
        Home, Both, Away, Both. It basically guarantees that no team goes more than 1 year without playing in your building and any team that you only played at home last year, you will play in their building the next year.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Sounds good Shirtless. You have GMail? Send me an e-mail thru the board and I'll add you as an editor.

I'm surprised they used the verbiage "WCHA Final Five Championship" at the end of that schedule. I thought they were dumping that format? A play-in game on a Thursday evening in Grand Rapids (or St. Paul) seems like a waste of resources, and fans time of the losing school.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            Sounds good Shirtless. You have GMail? Send me an e-mail thru the board and I'll add you as an editor.

I'm surprised they used the verbiage "WCHA Final Five Championship" at the end of that schedule. I thought they were dumping that format? A play-in game on a Thursday evening in Grand Rapids (or St. Paul) seems like a waste of resources, and fans time of the losing school.
            Maybe they will just find a way to keep calling it the Final Five like the Big Ten. I thought I sent an email already.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Alright, since googledocs are little cruel to formulas unless you upload data to create a googledoc, I just made a new one.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...1E&usp=sharing

There are 2 tabs, one shows the composite schedule including known non-conference games and the other shows a potential 4-year rotating schedule.
              Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 03-07-2013, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                I have a composite schedule completed for the WCHA with known NC games on it, will try to get with aparch to update the googledoc. Also came up with a potential 4 year rotation. Its a little screwy because they didn't stick with the balanced 6 games for each team against each pair, but that might be a product of the late addition of Huntsville. It's hard to say.
                Needless to say it should be very similar to the old WCHA 10 team schedule, other than your designated rival, over 4 years you play every team in the following rotation
                Home, Both, Away, Both. It basically guarantees that no team goes more than 1 year without playing in your building and any team that you only played at home last year, you will play in their buildinIN the yeg the next year.
                In the years you don't play 4x, you play half of the other pairs. So you are either at Fairbanks or Anchorage, at Bemidji or Mankato. You play all 9 opponents 2x, your partner 4x, half of two other pairs 2x and the other half of those two others 4x.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  In the years you don't play 4x, you play half of the other pairs. So you are either at Fairbanks or Anchorage, at Bemidji or Mankato. You play all 9 opponents 2x, your partner 4x, half of two other pairs 2x and the other half of those two others 4x.
                  Do I look stupid? My problem isn't with understanding how the math works out, my issue is with how complicated they made it. It's far similar to designate rivals then have each pair play the opposite schedule.
                  I.E. MTU plays NMU, UAA, UAH, MSU, FSU 4x while NMU plays MTU, UA_, BGSU, BSU, LSSU 4x
                  That is not what they did. That is where I'm confused.

Examples
                  Huntsville plays both BSU and MSU 4x next season, but hosts both FSU and LSSU.
                  BSU plays FSU and LSSU 4x next season, but then plays MTU and NMU 2x
                  FSU plays NMU and MUT 4x next season
                  Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 03-07-2013, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Do I look stupid? My problem isn't with understanding how the math works out, my issue is with how complicated they made it. It's far similar to designate rivals then have each pair play the opposite schedule.
                    I.E. MTU plays NMU, UAA, UAH, MSU, FSU 4x while NMU plays MTU, UA_, BGSU, BSU, LSSU 4x
                    That is not what they did. That is where I'm confused.

As one example Huntsville plays both BSU and MSU 4x next season, but hosts both FSU and LSSU.
                    Where does it say you look stupid? I'm just passing on the explanation that the commissioner gave to me. I'm sure that there is a quirk or two here and there. That's bound to happen when you have such a major reshuffling at the last second. YOur 4 year rotation is quite like right on or close to what will actually occur.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Do I look stupid?
                      *****http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/4581/golfequipment.jpg******
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        Where does it say you look stupid? I'm just passing on the explanation that the commissioner gave to me. I'm sure that there is a quirk or two here and there. That's bound to happen when you have such a major reshuffling at the last second. YOur 4 year rotation is quite like right on or close to what will actually occur.
                        Well I guess you could say that it was the commisioner's answer. The only part of the schedule I'm not sure about is in the 2x series next season, who is at home and who is on the road, there are quite a few different options for that. I just came up with one that would work. All I know is once I knew year 2, I will know year 4. The question then is will they tweek the rotation after year 4 or just keep it going as is. Then again, who knows what else might happen with conference realignment in 4 years.

Comment

Well I guess you could say that it was the commisioner's answer. The only part of the schedule I'm not sure about is in the 2x series next season, who is at home and who is on the road, there are quite a few different options for that. I just came up with one that would work. All I know is once I knew year 2, I will know year 4. The question then is will they tweek the rotation after year 4 or just keep it going as is. Then again, who knows what else might happen with conference realignment in 4 years.
                          I definitely think there will be more shuffling, maybe even before four years. The insanity isn't going to stop. Only settle for a moment or two. And if there is a proposal that is logical and common sensical, chances of it actually happening are slim.

Comment

Alright, since googledocs are little cruel to formulas unless you upload data to create a googledoc, I just made a new one.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...1E&usp=sharing

There are 2 tabs, one shows the composite schedule including known non-conference games and the other shows a potential 4-year rotating schedule.
                            I believe 1/18 and 1/19 BSU and UND will have a home/home. @BSU Friday, @UND Saturday.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

UAH has 38 games scheduled next season, which will be a school record for games played even if we don't qualify for the playoffs. Taking advantage of the Alaska exemption, and probably making up for all those idle weekends the past three years.

It's a good day.
                              Michael Napier - UAH '97
                              uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                              U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                              NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                              CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                              CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

We've got a release about our schedule that doesn't have the full thing. I'll be able to pull something together tomorrow — Bruins game tonight and drinking after will forestall that for tonight.

http://uahchargers.com/news/2013/3/7...307131431.aspx

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X