Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's Beanpot 2013 -- The Year's Only Competitive Beanpot

A few observations:

1) To Harvard, BU, and NU: I hate you, your goalies are sieves, and you have inferior hockey teams.

End of observations.

No but seriously has there ever been a more highly anticipated Beanpot in terms of competitiveness, men's OR women's?

Anyone know if BC will have Skarupa back? I haven't heard a thing.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Re: Women's Beanpot 2013 -- The Year's Only Competitive Beanpot

Can't wait to see tonight's polls. Last week's poll showed three Beanpot teams in the top four nationally, with NU at #11. The SLU tie may drop Harvard to #5, which after all is where it has been in RPI, Rutter and other statistical measures recently, but even so, three teams in the top five is awfully good.

Unprecedented, though...does anyone know?

Comment

Yes, I'm pretty sure 2,3,5, and 11 represents the highest average ranking ever for the four teams, and I'm positive 2,3,and 5 is the best for the top three, and that 2 and 3 is the best for the top two. In the era since all four teams were varsity, you always had more WCHA teams at the top of the polls to keep that average down. And in seasons when Harvard was No. 1 like 1999, 2000, 2003, and 2008, the other teams weren't that good -- and 2008 was a bit of anomaly in that sense.

I'd argue the best Beanpot field to date was two years ago, when both BU and BC made the Frozen Four, and BU placed better in the NCAA tournament (2nd) than in the Beanpot. Last year is probably the best win percentage of the four teams, since they were all pretty solid -- top three in Hockey East and #2 in the ECAC.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        A few observations:

1) To Harvard, BU, and NU: I hate you, your goalies are sieves, and you have inferior hockey teams.

End of observations.

No but seriously has there ever been a more highly anticipated Beanpot in terms of competitiveness, men's OR women's?

Grant...aka TTT...you should really base your comments on actual hockey knowledge, not BC school spirit. (not saying supporting your Alma Mater is a bad thing) and Skarupa sufferd a separated shoulder..likely not making public the extent of the injury for a reason..if not serious..she is likely on the mend for more important contests at the season end ..if there is damage..being a freshman, it's likely up to her doctors, parents, trainer and coaching staff to decide on the best course of action for her health and future

Comment

Originally posted by myStuff View Post
          Grant...aka TTT...you should really base your comments on actual hockey knowledge, not BC school spirit. (not saying supporting your Alma Mater is a bad thing)
          Aw lighten up, this is my tame side

The Beanpot is not about hockey knowledge. It is about BEATING THOSE OTHER BOSTON TEAMS and making sure they know darn well that BC owns them.
          Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 02-04-2013, 12:35 PM.

Comment

A few observations:

End of observations.

May the odds never be in your favor.

Tomorrow will be interesting. I think bc will roll over Harvard. Then in primetime I could se NU skating by bu. IT will depend on which NU team shows up. Both of the last two contests at bu were close and were lost in a short period of sloppiness.

Is anyone else going? Or are you all relying on our free streaming?

Comment

Originally posted by NUWH DogHouse View Post
              May the odds never be in your favor.

Tomorrow will be interesting. I think bc will roll over Harvard. Then in primetime I could se NU skating by bu. IT will depend on which NU team shows up. Both of the last two contests at bu were close and were lost in a short period of sloppiness.

Is anyone else going? Or are you all relying on our free streaming?
              I hate to waste the free streaming, but alas, I will forgo it for the live event. See ya there~
              "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Should be a doozy, with no real favorite.

Comment

Aw lighten up, this is my tame side

The Beanpot is not about hockey knowledge. It is about BEATING THOSE OTHER BOSTON TEAMS and making sure they know darn well that BC owns them.
                  haha ...OK..from a real hockey point of view..I do believe Harvard is over rated and NU isn't in the same ball park as the rest of the pack

Comment

haha ...OK..from a real hockey point of view..I do believe Harvard is over rated and NU isn't in the same ball park as the rest of the pack
                    I'm not sure I'd call Harvard "overrated" ... they seem about right where they are in 5th, behind Cornell but ahead of the rest of the pack.

Northeastern is definitely a step behind, especially lately as they've had some injury issues and I believe are missing a goalie (I think?) who is playing in Europe at the moment.

Comment

I'm not sure I'd call Harvard "overrated" ... they seem about right where they are in 5th, behind Cornell but ahead of the rest of the pack.

Northeastern is definitely a step behind, especially lately as they've had some injury issues and I believe are missing a goalie (I think?) who is playing in Europe at the moment.
                      We have a forward in Europe qualifying the Czechs for Sochi. And yes some injuries.

Though I vehemently disagree with the statement we aren't in the same league as the other teams. We have played bu close twice in a row at their house and the games against bc while definitely wins for bc were closer than the scores showed.

Comment

Originally posted by NUWH DogHouse View Post
                        We have a forward in Europe qualifying the Czechs for Sochi. And yes some injuries.

Though I vehemently disagree with the statement we aren't in the same league as the other teams. We have played bu close twice in a row at their house and the games against bc while definitely wins for bc were closer than the scores showed.
                        I don't have any ties to either BC or NU however, I did watch their last match up...from a completely unbiased point of view..NU didn't have a prayer ..sorry if that does follow your thinking but it is an honest unbiased hockey knowledge based opinion

Comment

I don't have any ties to either BC or NU however, I did watch their last match up...from a completely unbiased point of view..NU didn't have a prayer ..sorry if that does follow your thinking but it is an honest unbiased hockey knowledge based opinion
                          I'm assuming you mean BU? I watched that game too, and I don't know what you were watching. BU didn't dominate that game by any stretch of the imagination.

http://hockeyeastonline.com/women/bo...p?wbu_noe1.f02

Comment

I'm assuming you mean BU? I watched that game too, and I don't know what you were watching. BU didn't dominate that game by any stretch of the imagination.

http://hockeyeastonline.com/women/bo...p?wbu_noe1.f02
                            Nope...January 9, 2013 BC and NU 6-2

Comment

Nope...January 9, 2013 BC and NU 6-2
                              Oh -- well I guess I really didn't know what game you were watching! haha

Comment

Working...
                              X