"Utica Sucks"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Utica Sucks"

As requested by Fishman this is a place people can come to talk about Utica, but don't have a connection to the team, or school.

Re: "Utica Sucks"

Originally posted by snc1 View Post
    As requested by Fishman this is a place people can come to talk about Utica, but don't have a connection to the team, or school.
    Until I read his post, I didn't know that there were any "private" threads on this board. I never knew. He must have powerful connections with USCHO to be able to set up something like that. When I started the Norwich thread, I had no idea that such threads were even possible
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
      Until I read his post, I didn't know that there were any "private" threads on this board. I never knew. He must have powerful connections with USCHO to be able to set up something like that. When I started the Norwich thread, I had no idea that such threads were even possible
      Shultz & Dooley have turned around on the shelf in "Shame"!!!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by snc1 View Post
        So is the Moose names "Pioneer" or is the Pioneer a Moose? I have always been baffled by that....
        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
          So is the Moose names "Pioneer" or is the Pioneer a Moose? I have always been baffled by that....
          The Moose is Trax.

Oops....snc1, am I barred from this thread?
          Last edited by UCBadger; 02-04-2013, 09:51 AM.
          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
            The Moose is Trax.

Like the ice cream?
            2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
            2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
            2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
            2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
            2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
              The Moose is Trax.

If we apply Fishman's rules - YES, you should go back to the UC Thread.......but we are more like the Hard Rock - "Love All, Serve All"

Now about that Moose.....

Allow us to Reintroduce Trax
              Visitors to Utica College often have one question: "What's with the moose?"

Any good, dutiful UC student will offer a cheery reply, explaining, "That's our mascot, Trax!"

At this point things usually get a little complicated because nine times out of ten, the visitor will ask the question: "But aren't you guys called the Pioneers?"

Well, yes. We are. The Pioneer/Trax relationship may seem like an unusual fit. After all, wouldn't a moose be something a real pioneer would hunt for sustenance? Trying to imagine Trax on a pilgrim's dinner table is something that would make any UC student a little squeamish. Thankfully, Trax is free to roam safely in his natural habitat... athletic events.

While Trax may be every UC student's favorite, he isn't the only moose in our lives. Trax shares our world with the following:

Bullwinkle - No doubt the most famous cartoon moose in existence, Bullwinkle J. Moose is an obvious place to start. Since 1959 Bullwinkle and his friend Rocky the squirrel have been outwitting villains Boris and Natasha while simultaneously delighting children (and no doubt adults) with their hijinks.

"Eddie Crane" - If you ever watched "Fraiser," you'll remember Eddie, the Jack Russell Terrier with an attitude. But did you know that Eddie's real name was Moose? And Moose the dog received more fan mail than anyone else on the cast.

Mort - In the 1990s, CBS ran a show called "Northern Exposure" that told the story of a New York City doctor transplanted to rural Alaska. A moose named Mort is seen wandering around town in the show's opening credits - and Mort was paid $5,000 for his work! The show has also inspired an event called Moosefest where fans gather in an Alaskan town to celebrate the program.

Mickey - In a sketch from "The Muppet Show," the Swedish Chef decides to make chocolate moose by slathering Mickey the Moose with chocolate, much to Kermit's dismay.

Chocolate Mousse - This delightful treat first entered American homes in the 1960s, so one has to wonder: what did they do before then?

Moose Tracks ice cream - Vanilla ice cream with peanut butter cups and fudge. Sign me up!

Bull Moose Party - After Theodore Roosevelt lost the Republican nomination to William Howard Taft, there was a rift in the party and Roosevelt formed the Bull Moose party. Roosevelt did not win the election, but an interesting fact: Roosevelt was shot in the chest before giving a speech. The bullet was slowed by items in Roosevelt's pocket, but the bullet did enter his chest. Despite this, Roosevelt gave a 90 minute speech and began by saying, "I don't know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot; but it takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose."

Loyal Order of the Moose - A family fraternity dedicated to community service. Chapters are located in the United States, Canada, Great Britain, and Bermuda and the organization boasts over 1.5 million members.

The Murphy SR3500 Moose - A "bush plane" that can carry up to 1850 pounds. I wonder if Trax has a pilot's license?

Moose, Wyoming - A small community in the Jackson Hole valley of Wyoming, located within the Grand Teton National Park. Margaret Murie, called the "Grandmother of the Conservation Movement," spent most of her adult life in the town.

Moosehead Breweries Limited - Over 21 and looking for some moose-related fun? Look no further than Canada's oldest independent brewery. It is the largest 100% Canadian (i.e. not foreign owned) brewery in Canada.
              LakerEagleLover

Comment

Hahaha - This thread is probably my favorite thing ever

I have always liked the premise that this board is a great place for debating hockey and offering differing opinions. Just a bunch of people agreeing with one another seems kind of boring to me.

The funniest part of all is I don't think a single person ever said Utica is a bad team or an even an average team. It's basicaly universally acknowledged that they are a dangerous top level team this year. However, anyone who hasn't already handed them the National Championship isn't welcome in the "Utica Doesn't Suck" thread.
                Geneseo Ice Knights Color Commentator 2008 - 2009

Listen to GSU Hockey

Comment

Allow me to explain the moose. Trax was created as a result of a gender relations issue at the college. The mascot used to be a woodsman type fellow, much like you see at West Virginia. Feminist groups were looking for something more gender neutral, and that is how the moose was born.
                  Our bite is worse than our bark....
                  Top guys, out.

Comment

Unfortunately no one contacted the biology department to find out that only male moose have antlers. Just again proving the point that..........
                    Last edited by UCBadger; 02-04-2013, 10:18 AM.
                    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                    2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by SB in the 'Seo View Post
                      Hahaha - This thread is probably my favorite thing ever

I have always liked the premise that this board is a great place for debating hockey and offering differing opinions. Just a bunch of people agreeing with one another seems kind of boring to me.

The funniest part of all is I don't think a single person ever said Utica is a bad team or an even an average team. It's basicaly universally acknowledged that they are a dangerous top level team this year. However, anyone who hasn't already handed them the National Championship isn't welcome in the "Utica Doesn't Suck" thread.
                      I knew once fishman posted that - it was only a matter of time before somebody actually did it.....Too funny!

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                        If we apply Fishman's rules - YES, you should go back to the UC Thread.......but we are more like the Hard Rock - "Love All, Serve All"

Now about that Moose.....

Allow us to Reintroduce Trax
                        Visitors to Utica College often have one question: "What's with the moose?"

Any good, dutiful UC student will offer a cheery reply, explaining, "That's our mascot, Trax!"

At this point things usually get a little complicated because nine times out of ten, the visitor will ask the question: "But aren't you guys called the Pioneers?"

Well, yes. We are. The Pioneer/Trax relationship may seem like an unusual fit. After all, wouldn't a moose be something a real pioneer would hunt for sustenance? Trying to imagine Trax on a pilgrim's dinner table is something that would make any UC student a little squeamish. Thankfully, Trax is free to roam safely in his natural habitat... athletic events.

While Trax may be every UC student's favorite, he isn't the only moose in our lives. Trax shares our world with the following:

Bullwinkle - No doubt the most famous cartoon moose in existence, Bullwinkle J. Moose is an obvious place to start. Since 1959 Bullwinkle and his friend Rocky the squirrel have been outwitting villains Boris and Natasha while simultaneously delighting children (and no doubt adults) with their hijinks.

"Eddie Crane" - If you ever watched "Fraiser," you'll remember Eddie, the Jack Russell Terrier with an attitude. But did you know that Eddie's real name was Moose? And Moose the dog received more fan mail than anyone else on the cast.

Mort - In the 1990s, CBS ran a show called "Northern Exposure" that told the story of a New York City doctor transplanted to rural Alaska. A moose named Mort is seen wandering around town in the show's opening credits - and Mort was paid $5,000 for his work! The show has also inspired an event called Moosefest where fans gather in an Alaskan town to celebrate the program.

Mickey - In a sketch from "The Muppet Show," the Swedish Chef decides to make chocolate moose by slathering Mickey the Moose with chocolate, much to Kermit's dismay.

Chocolate Mousse - This delightful treat first entered American homes in the 1960s, so one has to wonder: what did they do before then?

Moose Tracks ice cream - Vanilla ice cream with peanut butter cups and fudge. Sign me up!

Bull Moose Party - After Theodore Roosevelt lost the Republican nomination to William Howard Taft, there was a rift in the party and Roosevelt formed the Bull Moose party. Roosevelt did not win the election, but an interesting fact: Roosevelt was shot in the chest before giving a speech. The bullet was slowed by items in Roosevelt's pocket, but the bullet did enter his chest. Despite this, Roosevelt gave a 90 minute speech and began by saying, "I don't know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot; but it takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose."

Loyal Order of the Moose - A family fraternity dedicated to community service. Chapters are located in the United States, Canada, Great Britain, and Bermuda and the organization boasts over 1.5 million members.

The Murphy SR3500 Moose - A "bush plane" that can carry up to 1850 pounds. I wonder if Trax has a pilot's license?

Moose, Wyoming - A small community in the Jackson Hole valley of Wyoming, located within the Grand Teton National Park. Margaret Murie, called the "Grandmother of the Conservation Movement," spent most of her adult life in the town.

Moosehead Breweries Limited - Over 21 and looking for some moose-related fun? Look no further than Canada's oldest independent brewery. It is the largest 100% Canadian (i.e. not foreign owned) brewery in Canada.

This post is very amusing ... or should I say very aMOOSEing.
                        Geneseo Ice Knights Color Commentator 2008 - 2009

Listen to GSU Hockey

Comment

+1
                          LakerEagleLover

Comment

All I can say is "The moose says you're closed, I say you're open"

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                              All I can say is "The moose says you're closed, I say you're open"
                              You beat me to it!! I'm reading down through the thread and chuckling to myself as I hear John Candy in my head....

"Sorry folks, the RINK is closed...the moose out front should have told ya"...

Comment

Working...
                              X