UM @ SCSU: Everything this series should be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UM @ SCSU: Everything this series should be

Seeing as St. Cloud is not a rival for the U of M, maybe the Hukskies will sweep after all.
    SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      Asks the guy who started the Friday CC-UAA scoring thread.
      I was helping people know what's going on the game, dick.

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      I like to see rivals tie and and not win.
      So the Gophers and St. Cloud are the same on the Duluth rivalry scale. Huh... wouldn't have thought you would have admitted that, but good to know.
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post

So the Gophers and St. Cloud are the same on the Duluth rivalry scale. Huh... wouldn't have thought you would have admitted that, but good to know.
        I'll just let you believe that...
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Looking forward to the games. I thought before the season that SCSU would be here at the end (hey, finally a prediction worth a ****) and now the Gophers have to play both on the road against a team that I suspect would really like a conference title. Jan vs. Marcia references not needed here. MN needs to play as good of hockey as they've played all season imho if they at worst plan to split and fans of both teams should really be looking forward to this challenge. Possibly the most anticipated series between these teams since before Motzko took over.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
            That's a couple of hilarious two-faced, talk out of by sides of your mouth thoughts.

Goofers must sweep this upcoming weekend at the NHEC in St. Cloud if they want to win the conference. Anything less and they won't catch SCSU.
            Ha, well like I said, I think there is plenty of pressure to go around this weekend. Considering St. Cloud can maintain control if they can just split, the games are at home and St. Cloud has in its 25 years of Div 1 status exactly 1 banner that doesn't say "thanks for playing", I feel like there is going to be a bit more pressure on them this weekend.

But it's a slightly ridiculous debate to have (who is under more pressure) and one I don't really care to spend any more of my time on.
            I was responding to the post that said all the pressure is on MN. I don't think that's the case at all.

I also think 3 pts will keep MN very much in the hunt for the MacNaughton. Anything less and it would be pretty unlikely for them to repeat.

If one team loses Friday, they will definitely be feeling the pressure Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              I'll just let you believe that...
              But the Gophers are your "Number One, hands-down, no questions asked" rival. If hat's the case, then you'd be cheering for an SCSU sweep to give the Gophers the hardest chance of winning the title (and to see them lose two games).

Anything less and you're just blowing smoke.
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Are the Vikings fans here too wrapped up in discussing Birk, McKinnie and Moss to continue talking about this series? I am trying to arrange things to get to Cloud for the Saturday tilt, but it's less than sure it will happen. Would love to make it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Are the Vikings fans here too wrapped up in discussing Birk, McKinnie and Moss to continue talking about this series? I am trying to arrange things to get to Cloud for the Saturday tilt, but it's less than sure it will happen. Would love to make it a go.
                  Matt Birk got his ring, even though he helped campaign to stop a bunch of Minnesotans from getting theirs last November. McKinnie's fat *** ate his way towards getting himself a ring, and Moss still plays when he wants to. That should solve those arguments, and now we can all get back to the important things, like snocross jokes and so on.
                  This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                  www.twitter.com/johnnyredshoes

Comment

It should be a great series and matchups...possibly switched around for speed and size matchups.
                    Top Line Hanowski- Leblanc - Kosilla - Prochno and Jensen against Rau - Bjugstad - Haula - Helgeson and Marshall.
                    2nd Murray- Dowd- Brodzinski - Gravel and Prow against Condon - Warning - Budish - Reilly and Alt
                    3rd Benik - Thorson - Morley - Daly - Johnson against Serratore- Boyd - Ambroz - Skjei and Schmidt
                    4th Bertsch- Rehkamp- Holka against Parenteau - Isackson - Holl
                    Goalie - Faragher against Wilcox

SCSU possible (injuries/scratches) - Oliver -Milan - Rabey
                    Minn possible " " - Michaelson - R. Reilly - Larson (Connor Reilly out for season)

Biggest concerns for St Cloud is size if Bjugstad and Budish are matched up together and Condon for speed. Murray, Morley and Milan can offset the speed and hopefully Oliver and Rabey are ready and back from injury for size.

Another concern is not getting wrapped up in Rau, Serratore and Helgeson's chippiness. All three are known to instigate and then turn their backs, run away or flop like a fish on the retaliation.
                    Last edited by hockeykrazy; 02-04-2013, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Our 1st line now that Haula is 100% will probably be Rau - Bjugs - Condon and Haula will center the 2nd line with Warning and Budish.

I'm not sure I've ever seen Helgeson (or even Serratore) flop.
                      Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

I should have clarified. They engage in a lot of kidney cross checks to the back after whistles. Helgeson elbows behind the play. I've seen some cheap knee to knee action. I've seen on a innocent rub out along the glass Serratore jump to the glass like a frog and drop to the ice like a bomb just exploded. Pretty much every Gopher turns their back if they think they are about to be hit. Helgeson is the poster child for cheap stuff and then acting very innocent after the fact.

Comment

The biggest difference in the Minn vs AA/ ND and MSU series that I watched was their players got up right away after a hit - no penalty. The Minnesota players would lay on the ice and look around for awhile before getting up - drawing penalties.

Comment

Minnesota has a lot of speed in Schmidt, Isackson and a few others that we need to match up on.

Comment

Actually I don't envision this being a very physical series. Neither team draws a lot of penalties. SCSU had no penalties in the BSU series and are very non-physical. I was just mentioning not getting drawn into anything minor. Another weakness I see for SCSU is if they leave Leblanc on the point on the PP. He is slow and a Condon could very well get a shortie, we've been caught before. Moving Jensen out there or getting some more rear puck support speed would be a better option. Other than that I see these teams as both highly skilled and evenly matched.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
                                I should have clarified. They engage in a lot of kidney cross checks to the back after whistles. Helgeson elbows behind the play. I've seen some cheap knee to knee action. I've seen on a innocent rub out along the glass Serratore jump to the glass like a frog and drop to the ice like a bomb just exploded. Pretty much every Gopher turns their back if they think they are about to be hit. Helgeson is the poster child for cheap stuff and then acting very innocent after the fact.

This post belongs in the Rapala hall of fame
                                This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                                www.twitter.com/johnnyredshoes

Comment

Working...
                                X