Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UM @ SCSU: Everything this series should be

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    You said you wouldn't cheer for the Huskies this weekend, which any fan who HATES the Gophers and considers them their true rival would do. I came to the conclusion myself, I didn't even need a substitute teacher! Look at the money I'm saving the state!
    I'm a much better fan than the average fan who just hates UMTC. I hate UND, SCSU, UMTC among others. I don't want SCCC winning the league because anytime an in state school wins something (besides UMD of course) it sucks. It would seem at this point that UMTC has their work cut out for them if they want to win the league.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      Why wouldn't there be a celebration and a banner raising for a frozen four? Do other schools not do that?
      You misread my post and that was probably my fault. I didn't mean they would get two wins this year, I meant they would increase their total wins to two ever...which would be AS good as they've ever done.

A frozen four banner is justified. Especially if that's all you have!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
        Do you have a resume? If so, you should submit it to ESPN because your posts and analyses are always sooo spot on.

This thread already had a general theme of immaturity and non-serious hockey talk before I chipped in, so your logic is lost upon me.

Serious forum is serious.
        So what about the 5 series threads before that that you walked into?

And believe it or not, this thread was actually hockey talk yesterday!
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

You misread my post and that was probably my fault. I didn't mean they would get two wins this year, I meant they would increase their total wins to two ever...which would be AS good as they've ever done.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...YfqCdXS8ltvY1g

Comment

We are going to have a Conference Champions banner at the beginning of next season. So at least one new banner.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
              So what about the 5 series threads before that that you walked into?

And believe it or not, this thread was actually hockey talk yesterday!
              I'm sure I've explained this to you before, but I'll go ahead and do it again anyway because you seem to need validation.

I was born and raised in Saint Cloud. Left for college. Came back to work here this year. While I'm far from a fan and maintain a general dislike for the team, I still follow them and enjoy going to the games since it's a close place to watch college hockey. So I follow their threads as well.

Last week I was summoned by you and your ilk. I was planning on avoiding any hockey talk last week as I was heading out on vacation. But who am I to deny my presence when requested. On a side note regarding my predictions, I've been 1 point off the past two weeks. Didn't you predict a split last week?

The previous threads I came in to throw down my prediction and simply responded to your fans' posts. YOU certainly have NEVER ventured into another team's threads, right?

So your move, shall we continue to discuss the two schools and their hockey teams or would you like to know more about me?

Comment

Back to the good stuff.

Both these teams are deep as hell. SCSU will have a challenge containing the big scoring threats UM has(Bjustad, Haula, Rau, Schmidt(D), etc). A couple of players I am most concerned about are Nate Condon, and Sam Warning. Really like how these guys skate, and work up the ice.

On the flip side, the Gophers will face a similar challenge. Hanowski, LeBlanc, Dowd, will get a lot of attention. I think guys like Thorson, Morley, Kossila will have some big chances.

For those of you that have not seen SCSU play many times this year...You will quickly notice 2 guys. 1-Jensen: Few guys in the college game have his skating ability. When he is on, it is one hell of a show. 2- Kevin Gravel: One of the most under-rated D-Men in the country.

Comment

Sorry to derail the juvenile insult portion of this thread, but I saw someone say that Coach Bob has said he wants the Huskies to go up and down the rink with the Gophers. Is that accurate? Will we see some firewagon hockey this weekend? If so it should be fun as hell! The Huskies look like one of the few teams who could have success doing that against the Gophs as they have the speed for that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                    We are going to have a Conference Champions banner at the beginning of next season. So at least one new banner.
                    Maybe, but I wouldn't count your chickens until they've hatched.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                      God **** it Tipsy! Don't F'in wreck this! This league is too **** competitive for this kind of foolishness.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                        Back to the good stuff.

Both these teams are deep as hell. SCSU will have a challenge containing the big scoring threats UM has(Bjustad, Haula, Rau, Schmidt(D), etc). A couple of players I am most concerned about are Nate Condon, and Sam Warning. Really like how these guys skate, and work up the ice.

On the flip side, the Gophers will face a similar challenge. Hanowski, LeBlanc, Dowd, will get a lot of attention. I think guys like Thorson, Morley, Kossila will have some big chances.

For those of you that have not seen SCSU play many times this year...You will quickly notice 2 guys. 1-Jensen: Few guys in the college game have his skating ability. When he is on, it is one hell of a show. 2- Kevin Gravel: One of the most under-rated D-Men in the country.
                        Would love to see Benik bury his first this weekend.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          Would love to see Benik bury his first this weekend.
                          I agree. He may feel like he was passed over by the big schools and could be extra motivated to announce his presence. It would be a great time to get him rolling.

Comment

On a side note regarding my predictions, I've been 1 point off the past two weeks. Didn't you predict a split last week?
                            Not quite.
                            You predicted DU would get 3, we took 4.
                            You predicted UND would get 3, we took 3
                            You predicted we would take 3, we took 4
                            So you were close on 1.

Now you predict MN will take 3...
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                              Sorry to derail the juvenile insult portion of this thread, but I saw someone say that Coach Bob has said he wants the Huskies to go up and down the rink with the Gophers. Is that accurate? Will we see some firewagon hockey this weekend? If so it should be fun as hell! The Huskies look like one of the few teams who could have success doing that against the Gophs as they have the speed for that game.
                              That's what he said, more or less. A better way to paraphrase it would be that he doesn't think defensive schemes work against the Gophers. So, while the Huskies will try to play sound defense, the focus will be on creating turnovers with the purpose of transitioning to offense. So, don't expect to see the trap (not that they've done it in the past).
                              scsuhockey.com
                              CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Only 669 posts until this thread closes...

Comment

Working...
                                X