Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UM @ SCSU: Everything this series should be

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
    The fact that you try to differentiate between East and West Grand Forks is what is lame. It is virtually the same filthy city that utilizes the Red River and a drinking source. Same group of idiots building in the same flood plain.

That is all.
    East Grand Forks is actually it's own town, we are separated from Grand Forks. I differentiate the two because one is in North Dakota and the other is in Minnesota. I am a proud Minnesotan but I would way rather live up here, the cities are filthy and gross... Minus Dinky Town.

Comment

Originally posted by EASTgrandforks View Post
      East Grand Forks is actually it's own town, we are separated from Grand Forks. I differentiate the two because one is in North Dakota and the other is in Minnesota. I am a proud Minnesotan but I would way rather live up here, the cities are filthy and gross... Minus Dinky Town.
      Ialto...
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

• Funny how the Rodent players are calling these games very important and how its a great rivalry, but the Mn fans say it's not. Hmmmm
        SCSU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post
          Funny how the Rodent players are calling these games very important and how its a great rivalry, but the Mn fans say it's not. Hmmmm
          Ummm... I have seen nothing but support/approval from the Gopher fans I interact with about the importance of continuing the in-state rivalries above all others. So, I think that statement is more than a bit off-base and unfair.
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

It's going to be a great series, and those of you gopher fans who truly think they will sweep the huskies are going to be disappointed. They are going to be fantastic games and I could see a split in the series, but I am hoping for a huskies sweep for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by EASTgrandforks View Post
              Then you don't know what filthy means.
              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by kumi View Post
                It's going to be a great series, and those of you gopher fans who truly think they will sweep the huskies are going to be disappointed. They are going to be fantastic games and I could see a split in the series, but I am hoping for a huskies sweep for sure.
                Are you suggesting there is no chance of a Gopher sweep?

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                  Ummm... I have seen nothing but support/approval from the Gopher fans I interact with about the importance of continuing the in-state rivalries above all others. So, I think that statement is more than a bit off-base and unfair.
                  I think he is referring to tArrogance that started out this thread

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                  Are you suggesting there is no chance of a Gopher sweep?
                  YES! That's exactly what he/she said! You're GOOD at this!

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by EASTgrandforks View Post
                    Good thing you provided such an advanced Geography lesson. That must be why there are "welcome to Minnesota" and "welcome to North Dakota" signs as you drive across the North flowing stream of sewage.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                      Me too. Needs to big a big lead too. (Other than commercials and between period stuff.)

As some are aware, I am primative and still use VHS. A couple times I've been in the Cities at my Dads on the weekend and asked him to tape a game. Made it clear I didn't want to know results. First time, he greeted me at the door when I got back, a dejected look on his face, tape in hand, and said something like "you can watch this if you want to waste your time." Not sure if I was more upset at Gophs loss to a team they should have beat, or Dad for ruining it.

Next time, I recounted this story, and reminded him I didn't want to know. This time he greeted me at the door with the tape saying something like "I won;t tell you the outcome", but he had a huge grin on his face.

Last year, out of town for entire NCAA and left strict instructions to label 4 tapes with number for each game and to put in a bag for me and not say a thing. I taped 1st game just to be sure. He followed through, except he commented 2nd game was also on DVD. (Course I knew outcome of first game then.) Put in 1st tape - bug races. Luckily I had my tape, but I was off an hour on start time so missed half of game. 2nd tape - bug races. Luckily had DVD to watch Gophs stomp Sioux. Third tape - bug races. Tried to find vid of third game online and saw final score, so never saw game.

Haven't had great luck. Am really hoping can watch these in real time.

Koho, haven't heard from you in a while, you live in Eagan??

Loud radio infuriates Gophers fan, leads to standoff in Eagan
                      "You can't let a kid come across the blue line that far unmolested" Lou Nanne commentating during the MN high school tournament

Losing to the Mavericks would be as pathetic as the sight of my MySpace page.....HFR

Comment

YES! That's exactly what he/she said! You're GOOD at this!
                        How else is "Gopher fans who truly think they will sweep ARE going to be disappointed" to be read? Is there some element of non-absolutism that I am missing in that?
                        Last edited by GrinCDXX; 02-04-2013, 09:21 PM.

Comment

This is the part of the week where people thump their chests and make outlandish claims.

Where's Brent and a post-it note when you need one?

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            Where's Brent and a post-it note when you need one?
                            Tech is playing Anchorage this weekend.
                            "My greatest achievement."
                            Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                              Tech is playing Anchorage this weekend.
                              I thought his post-it note was good for any series. And I know Anchorage is heading to Carnival.... I've been disappointed in the mediocre level of ponies

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                                I thought his post-it note was good for any series. And I know Anchorage is heading to Carnival.... I've been disappointed in the mediocre level of ponies
                                It's only Monday. Bring the EAST grand forks guy in here.
                                "My greatest achievement."
                                Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Working...
                                X