Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UM @ SCSU: Everything this series should be

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    In terms of thinking they didn't need to show up to work to win them, yes they did.
    And you can be concerned, A. Not your team B. Again, REGULAR SEASON, vs NCAA Tourney, different animals.
    You are really lobbing softballs up there considering the Huskies history in the NCAAs.

For whatever reason the team came out flat in two non-con games and were handed pretty bad losses (just like Sat night at UAA.) It happens, I give credit to the other teams taking advantage and playing well.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
      You are really lobbing softballs up there considering the Huskies history in the NCAAs.

For whatever reason the team came out flat in two non-con games and were handed pretty bad losses (just like Sat night at UAA.) It happens, I give credit to the other teams taking advantage and playing well.
      Eh, so they're softballs, not like we wouldn't hear about it anyway.
      I don't assume that just because other SCSU teams failed in the tourney that this one will.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I don't assume that just because other SCSU teams failed in the tourney that this one will.
        To be fair, every kid on this team is either 0-0 or 1-1 in the NCAAs.
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          In terms of thinking they didn't need to show up to work to win them, yes they did.
          And you can be concerned, A. Not your team B. Again, REGULAR SEASON, vs NCAA Tourney, different animals.
          And the other teams won't ramp up their effort in the Tourney?
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Why not? That's exactly what the rest of us are assuming.

Comment

Honestly... It's SCSU congrats your relevant for once now roll over give us the 4 points and the Gopher's will be on their way

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                And the other teams won't ramp up their effort in the Tourney?
                Did I say they wouldn't?
                I don't worry about the effort of the other team, I worry about the effort of my team and when it comes to the NCAA's I'm not worried about my team showing up.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                  Why not? That's exactly what the rest of us are assuming.
                  Well you know what happens when you Assume...
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                    Their NC opponents are not overly impressive. Keep in mind that SCSU played DU 4 games and UND 4 games this year. These are tough teams and a boost to SCSU's SOS. UM will only play both of those teams 2 times each barring any playoff meetings.

I don't know why Husky fans are so sensitive to a legitimate criticism of our team when it comes to NC games. They crapped the bed. Does that mean it will happen again. Nope. But it most certainly proves that it can happen. On paper it looks like it should be an epic battle between these teams. I hope we see just that. But on paper it looked like we should have had a goal frenzy against RPI and UNM.
                    As usual, Brozebacks is the only logical SCSU fan.
                    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by EASTgrandforks View Post
                      Honestly... It's SCSU congrats your relevant for once now roll over give us the 4 points and the Gopher's will be on their way
                      Thanks a lot, my eyes are now bleeding.

Comment

Ahh yes, the idiocy the thread had been missing. What a shock, it is coming from Grand Forks....

Comment

Ahh yes, the idiocy the thread had been missing. What a shock, it is coming from Grand Forks....
                          That big one syllable word before grandforks confused you, didn't it?
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Boy your posts are excellent I am glad you have decided to contribute to this board honestly i dont know why you dont start a career as a professional writer i am sure scsu will roll over after all they have never faced a team as dominant as the Gopher's LOLZ
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Watch your mouth! My username clearly says EAST grand forks, clearly YOU cannot read SIR! You SCSU fans are lame...

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                                As usual, Brozebacks is the only logical SCSU fan.
                                Thanks Wes....But, more like one of the few that wastes his time on a college hockey board.

The last time I hated the Gophers was in '09 when SCSU went 0-6 against UM and it was season over. Since, your recent struggles, the common hate for the green ********, and a greater appreciation for John Marricucci and his contributions to DI Hockey in MN has softened my heart for the ground squirrels.

Side note: UND should really take up the Green ******** nick name. Most of their guys are of Canadian origin and would greatly appreciate the tribute to Bubbles and the Trailer Park Boys. I think it would only strengthen their recruiting pipeline.

Comment

Working...
                                X