No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Clarkson & SLU (2/8, 2/9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI & Union @ Clarkson & SLU (2/8, 2/9)

First meeting of the year between the Liberty League rivals. Quite late in the season for that.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI & Union @ Clarkson & SLU (2/8, 2/9)

Always a tough trip for us-earlier this year it looked like this was not going to be the usual difficult time. But Clarkson and SLU are both playing very well lately and we will have our hands full. This past weekend we had great success-but we only had a few penalties called in both games. i would not expect that up north-we have to try to keep the games from becoming special teams games-our power play was just abyssmal against DC tonight. Keep the games 5 on 5 and we have a chance for a very decent weekend. Go Red!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Hmmm... RPI is in a five-way tie for 6th in the ECAC. Clarkson, Colgate, Princeton and RPI are 5-6-3 with 13 points. We're one point out a tie for 5th (SLU, 14 pts) and three points out of a tie for 3rd (Union and Dartmouth, 16 pts).

We're on the road with two teams immediately ahead of us (and they'll be coming to HFH soon)... let the fun begin!
      Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
        Hmmm... RPI is in a five-way tie for 6th in the ECAC. Clarkson, Colgate, Princeton and RPI are 5-6-3 with 13 points. We're one point out a tie for 5th (SLU, 14 pts) and three points out of a tie for 3rd (Union and Dartmouth, 16 pts).

We're on the road with two teams immediately ahead of us (and they'll be coming to HFH soon)... let the fun begin!
        it is never fun going up North to play. I'll let someone else recant how many times we have swept both games up there-no matter how good a team we send. Strange things happen up there and we have had some very weird games at both places.

Comment

Don't worry, we seem to have gone back to blowing 3rd period leads.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
            Don't worry, we seem to have gone back to blowing 3rd period leads.
            That was our forte early in the season. It seemed we were better off trailing in the third than being up by 2 goals.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              it is never fun going up North to play. I'll let someone else recant how many times we have swept both games up there-no matter how good a team we send. Strange things happen up there and we have had some very weird games at both places.
              Most certainly. This has never been an easy trip for us.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

We did my freshman year.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  We did my freshman year.
                  Without looking it up-I can remember only 3 or 4 times in the years I have followed RPI hockey. Once of course was 1985-but we have gone up there with very good teams, and something always seems to happen to dampen our spirits. Also-we are a team that is about 8-2 at home this year and 2-8 on the road.

Comment

Without looking it up-I can remember only 3 or 4 times in the years I have followed RPI hockey. Once of course was 1985-but we have gone up there with very good teams, and something always seems to happen to dampen our spirits. Also-we are a team that is about 8-2 at home this year and 2-8 on the road.
                    And math is involved in this thread, too.
                    Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
                      And math is involved in this thread, too.
                      Please-I am just happy each month if I can get my checkbook to balance.

Comment

A question for Clarkson and SLU fans who may be looking in on this thread.

With your team playing RPI and Union back-to-back, do you look to one game with more anticipation than the other? Does the RPI game have a little more bite to it because of the long-standing rivalry? Or do you get more excited about playing Union, because they've been more successful in recent seasons?

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

With your team playing RPI and Union back-to-back, do you look to one game with more anticipation than the other? Does the RPI game have a little more bite to it because of the long-standing rivalry? Or do you get more excited about playing Union, because they've been more successful in recent seasons?
                          I personally am hoping that the team (SLU) doesn't look to any particular game with more importance than the other. At this point, especially with the standings being as close as they are, every game is important. They just have to come out and play as hard as they can and get the job done. In terms of who we are "due" for a win or two against ... That would be Union. It seems like it has been quite a long time since we have beat them, both at home or away. Not sure the exact streak, but I know it has been awhile. We have had recent success against RPI so hopefully we can keep that going as well. But in reality, both games are crucial and I expect two hard fought, exciting games. Good luck to everyone!!!
                          St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                          4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                          2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                          16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                          9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                          2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

On another less important note ... Does anyone know if we can expect to see the RPI band at Appleton this weekend?
                            St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                            4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                            2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                            16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                            9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                            2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

I definitely look forward to the RPI game more, especially after the debacle of last year. While both games are certainly important standings-wise, the RPI is the game I'd rather win.
                              Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                              Clarkson 1990

Comment

Working...
                              X