Dartmouth @ RPI - Saturday, Feb 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dartmouth @ RPI - Saturday, Feb 2nd

The crimson and clover weekend continues! With two points against the crimson on Friday night, our Red now looks to get two points against the green clovers on a Freakout.

Will Laliberte & Rogic bolster our Red tonight? If you can't make the game in person, tune in and find out.

GO RED!
    Here we come!

Re: Dartmouth @ RPI - Saturday, Feb 2nd

2012-13 Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    Ralph Baer         7- 3- 3 17 points   .654
    fr joe             2- 4- 2  6 points   .375
    GRussinko          1- 0- 0  2 points  1.000
    hockeyhound        0- 1- 0  0 points   .000
    burgie12           0- 1- 0  0 points   .000
    engineerhockeyfan  0- 1- 0  0 points   .000
    DrDemento          0- 1- 0  0 points   .000

Cumulative 2003-04 - 2012-13 Thread-Starting Statistics
    Code:
    Ralph Baer        32-31-11 75 points  .507
    fr joe            29-35- 9 67 points  .459
    engineerhockeyfan 16-21- 4 36 points  .439
    Red Cloud         11- 2- 1 23 points  .821
    hockeyhound       11-14- 1 23 points  .442
    GRussinko          9-14- 2 20 points  .400
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1 13 points  .500
    DrDemento          4-15- 3 11 points  .250
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0  8 points 1.000
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
    burgie12           3- 2- 0  6 points  .600
    jericho            3- 7- 0  6 points  .300
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    Waite21            1- 4- 1  3 points  .250
    berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    drshoen            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    REDRocket          1- 3- 0  2 points  .250
    redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    RKarger            0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    fishcore12         0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI92              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0  0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">

Alma Mater
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I must admit that I was very worried about last nights game. It was the kind of game we would give away in the past, but we took it seriously and played like the better team.
      Now we have to kick it up and play even better against a very good Dartmouth team tonight.

lets go red!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        I must admit that I was very worried about last nights game. It was the kind of game we would give away in the past, but we took it seriously and played like the better team.
        Now we have to kick it up and play even better against a very good Dartmouth team tonight.

lets go red!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Dartmouth is a very good team. We will have to kick it up but in a very disciplined way. Play our game. Stay out of the box.
        Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

lets go red!!!!!!!!!!!!
          I wasn't worried until SA had to make all those last minute adjustments in lines due to the absence of JL. I also thought face offs could be a problem. None of this materialized-we were by far the better team last night and the score should have been even higher. Lots of quality opportunities were set up. Tonight it is a different problem-i watched Dartmouth/Union last night and this is a very good team. They have a lot of size and very good speed. They have solid defense. They seemed to carry the puck deep frequently last night rather than dumping and chasing-then be able to center the puck out from behind the net well. Union had the same approach which made for an entertaining game. Our forwards would not be my focus for tonight. I think we will get our chances. But defense will be key. If we make any lazy efforts back on defense-whether it be in getting to a loose puck or in clearing out of the zone-we will pay for it. The dartmouth power play looked very proficient. Maybe not like number 1 Union but close enough. We must win the special teams battle, play error free defense in our zone at at their blue line. We cannot afford to turn the puck over to this team. Saying that-I still like our chances as we are playing so much more inspired hockey now that when we played them in their rink. I do expect this one to get more physical than last night and hopefully it does not mean tons of penalties.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

This game is going to be a real test for this team. We have not played well in the Freakout since Appert came in. I think the team gets too excited and does not focus on the game at hand.
            If we have matured enough, we will enter this game with focus and determination. I believe we are good enough to beat Dartmouth and any other team in our league, but we need to play for a full 60/65 minutes.
            I always look forward to the Freakout for the atmosphere and tonight will be no different, I just hope we come out with our A game.

LETS GO RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              I wasn't worried until SA had to make all those last minute adjustments in lines due to the absence of JL. I also thought face offs could be a problem. None of this materialized-we were by far the better team last night and the score should have been even higher. Lots of quality opportunities were set up. Tonight it is a different problem-i watched Dartmouth/Union last night and this is a very good team. They have a lot of size and very good speed. They have solid defense. They seemed to carry the puck deep frequently last night rather than dumping and chasing-then be able to center the puck out from behind the net well. Union had the same approach which made for an entertaining game. Our forwards would not be my focus for tonight. I think we will get our chances. But defense will be key. If we make any lazy efforts back on defense-whether it be in getting to a loose puck or in clearing out of the zone-we will pay for it. The dartmouth power play looked very proficient. Maybe not like number 1 Union but close enough. We must win the special teams battle, play error free defense in our zone at at their blue line. We cannot afford to turn the puck over to this team. Saying that-I still like our chances as we are playing so much more inspired hockey now that when we played them in their rink. I do expect this one to get more physical than last night and hopefully it does not mean tons of penalties.
              We did lose the faceoff battle although it was close.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Once again, not here. At HFH. Jericho's attempts at game resets do not give any purpose unless he says how much time has passed in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  We did lose the faceoff battle although it was close.
                  Sometimes not an important stat-but in games with multiple penalty calls and lots of face offs deep in the zone against teams with good power plays (think Dartmouth) it can be crucial. Rogic coming back should be a help as he seems to be fairly adept at this but we will miss JL if he cannot go tonight.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    Sometimes not an important stat-but in games with multiple penalty calls and lots of face offs deep in the zone against teams with good power plays (think Dartmouth) it can be crucial. Rogic coming back should be a help as he seems to be fairly adept at this but we will miss JL if he cannot go tonight.
                    Rogic was just suspended for tonight's game.
                    APBWiki

Comment

Dartmouth lines out.... http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...er.pdf?id=1453
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                        Rogic was just suspended for tonight's game.
                        http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2012-1...gic_Suspension
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

RPI Lines http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...th.pdf?id=1456

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            Hopefully JL will be 100 percent. Surprised to not see the asterisk next to JK for goal like yesterday's sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              I see Laliberte is in the lineup again. Of course, he was listed last night also. Hopefully he will be able to play tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X