First round HE Playoffs:

UNH ekes past UVM 2-1
    BC sweeps UMaine
    Merrimack ekes past BU 2-1
    UMass-Lowell upsets PC 2-1

Hockey East Final Four

UMass-Lowell upsets UNH
    Merrimack upsets BC

Merrimack beats UMass-Lowell in OT to take their first-ever HE Tourney title

Postscript: Four (4) Hockey East teams advance to the NCAA's ... BU and Providence end up on the outside looking in.
    Based on how everyone is playing, that feels about right. Certainly the final pairing and the top (if not only) four to make the NCAAs
    The reviews keep coming in about Todd's Posts:
    cambam - Now, that Todd. He is not a moron. Wow. Nice.
    smyler3 - It's starting to get buried in this ... silliness, but Todd makes a lot of good points in his post below.
    MAV - Todd... I followed this post all day long, and you're dead on with your thoughts on [this topic] and the whole discussion...
    Scarlet - What he said.
    brick royl - Wow, what a post. :eek
    TA Jen - As always Todd, you make a good point
    Puck Swami - Todd: Good post. I really hadn't thought about [what you said]... Learn something new every day on these boards...
    Bob Gray - Very well said Todd.
    Puck Swami - Todd, a fine post - as we've come to expect from you.
    David Manning of the Ridgefield Press - Todd's last post? I laughed, I cried, it was better than Cats!
    Gene Siskel of the Chicago Tribune - In my will, I bequeathed both of my thumbs to Todd's posts with rigor mortis locking them permanently in the "Up" position!

Comment

Re: Hockey East - Who's in, who's out, who's home: by the numbers - 2012-13 edition

Originally posted by Todd View Post
      Based on how everyone is playing, that feels about right. Certainly the final pairing and the top (if not only) four to make the NCAAs
      Don't give UNH all the wins with the remaining schedule, Maine coming to town for two is not a guaranteed 3 point weekend. That being said, over the years the Garden is a house of horrors for the Wildcats and I expect another year of not being able to do anything there.

Lowell or Merrimack is going to need Niagara to win AHA. BU is listless and out, Providence too little too late.
      UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
        If Home Lock is 36, shouldn't UML be above the line?
        We covered this a while back, but it's a few pages deep now.

They aren't necessary for the mix, but they are on the schedules of the rest of the group. If they win out to hit 36 Max, they drop enough
        others' Maxes so that the line drops below 36.

Still, for ease of viewing, I'll make it "Top 6" for now.
        smyler3 - It's starting to get buried in this ... silliness, but Todd makes a lot of good points in his post below.
        MAV - Todd... I followed this post all day long, and you're dead on with your thoughts on [this topic] and the whole discussion...
        Scarlet - What he said.
        Puck Swami - Todd: Good post. I really hadn't thought about [what you said]... Learn something new every day on these boards...
        David Manning of the Ridgefield Press - Todd's last post? I laughed, I cried, it was better than Cats!
        Gene Siskel of the Chicago Tribune - In my will, I bequeathed both of my thumbs to Todd's posts with rigor mortis locking them permanently in the "Up" position!

Comment

Originally posted by UNH09 View Post
          Don't give UNH all the wins with the remaining schedule, Maine coming to town for two is not a guaranteed 3 point weekend. That being said, over the years the Garden is a house of horrors for the Wildcats and I expect another year of not being able to do anything there.

Lowell or Merrimack is going to need Niagara to win AHA. BU is listless and out, Providence too little too late.
          PWR pairs on the bubble at this point are almost as volatile as Hockey East seedings.

That's especially true for the eventual 3-6 seeds who could end up playing as many as 11 more TUC games (incl tonight) - which will also allow for gaining RPI in chunks for whoever wins.

If the HE final ends up being MC v UML, totally off the top of my head, I'm thinking that they might both be 3 seeds in the NCAAs.
          Scarlet - What he said.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            you need a 'todd's who's in who's out guide for dummies'?
            Hmmm...

$$$$$...?

Nah... Anyone who would care enough to buy it probably already reads this for free.
            Scarlet - What he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              Predictions on what it will look like at the end of the regular season:

(1) UNH
              (2) Boston College
              (3) Merrimack
              (4) Providence

(5) UMass Lowell
              (6) Boston University
              (7) Maine
              (8) Vermont

(9) UMass-Amherst
              (10) Northeastern

First round HE Playoffs:

UNH ekes past UVM 2-1
              BC sweeps UMaine
              Merrimack ekes past BU 2-1
              UMass-Lowell upsets PC 2-1

Hockey East Final Four

UMass-Lowell upsets UNH
              Merrimack upsets BC

Merrimack beats UMass-Lowell in OT to take their first-ever HE Tourney title

Postscript: Four (4) Hockey East teams advance to the NCAA's ... BU and Providence end up on the outside looking in.
              Chuck, I'll admit that right now i am all kinds of drunk right now but wish I met you back in the day... I'd die if we lost to Merrimack in overtime but I love we're on a good run.., hopefully I'll run into you one day... You were awesome back in the WIS days. Sort of idillic days, but that's they way it goes.

--Pat
              Last edited by Patman; 02-23-2013, 06:53 PM.
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Re: Hockey East - Who's in, who's out, who's home: by the numbers - 2012-13 edition

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                Chuck, I'll admit that right now i am all kinds of drunk right now but wish I met you back in the day... I'd die if we lost to Merrimack in overtime but I love we're on a good run.., hopefully I'll run into you one day... You were awesome back in the WIS days. Sort of idillic days, but that's they way it goes.

--Pat
                Thanks for the kind words, and enjoy the rest of the evening! For what it's worth, I think UMass-Lowell and Merrimack both have excellent coaches in place, and that bodes well for both programs in the years to come. The Merrimack Valley rivalry may emerge as a defining one for the league, and after taking a back seat to the BC-BU and UNH-UMaine "Big Four" of days gone by, it's a good thing to see teams like UML and Merrimack making some serious noise. And at least based on how they played against UNH this season, Providence may not be too far behind in pushing their program up in the HE pecking order. Fun stuff.

We all have our favorites and our rooting interests, but for the good of the league, it's great to see a shake-up from the "same old same old" from time to time. Even if *my* team is arguably one of the "same old". Should be an interesting next few weeks.
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Now Providence grabs a share of 1st place, three different teams at the top in the last 24 hours...this is great.
                  UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                    Now Providence grabs a share of 1st place, three different teams at the top in the last 24 hours...this is great.
                    I can't wait for UNH to lose to Niagara or the AHA representative in the NCAA's
                    UNH Wildcats

Comment

I can. Been there, done that.
                      We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                      ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                      --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
                        I can. Been there, done that.
                        I was the face of demoralization in Albany, 2010. My dad has it on tape to make sure I realize the disaster of my fandom. He is a grad as well, but stopped following hockey after the Niagara loss.
                        UNH Wildcats

Comment

isnt the autobid gone?
                          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                            isnt the autobid gone?
                            negative.
                            UNH Wildcats

Comment

oh duh i didnt realize that niagara is an at large. that could double the chances of UNH losing to an AHA team
                              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                                oh duh i didnt realize that niagara is an at large. that could double the chances of UNH losing to an AHA team
                                Actually it quadruples it. Mathematically impossible, but Dick Umile will find a way.
                                UNH Wildcats

Comment

Working...
                                X