CC Blackbears @ Alaska Anchorage Weekend Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC Blackbears @ Alaska Anchorage Weekend Thread

Um, only one thing to say: let's get a win guys, mkay? Oh and thank god we are spared
    the floating tiger phantom head this weeked.
    Last edited by Alaskana; 01-31-2013, 07:44 PM.

Re: CC Blackbears @ Alaska Anchorage Weekend Thread

This should sum the weekend up nicely...

Last edited by Puck Chucker; 01-31-2013, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskana View Post
      Um, only one thing to say: let's get a win guys, mkay? Oh and thank god we are spared
      the floating tiger phantom head this weeked.
      LOL. That floating head is annoying, for sure. UAA has played CC very tough over the past few seasons, I think they get a win on Friday night. Hopefully they can also shut down the 4 Alaskans not playing for the home team.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        LOL. That floating head is annoying, for sure. UAA has played CC very tough over the past few seasons, I think they get a win on Friday night. Hopefully they can also shut down the 4 Alaskans not playing for the home team.
        Yeah, I have a feeling that this could be the weekend where we finally break our slide given our past games against CC. I think if we do though it'll be close (by one goal) and will only be for one of the games. Then again I've been feeling that the last four weekends or so, and we all know how that turned out.
        Last edited by Alaskana; 02-01-2013, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I have a feeling that this could be the weekend where we finally break our slide given our past games against CC. I think if we do though it'll be close (by one goal) and will only be for one of the games. Then again I've been feeling that the last four weekends or so, and we all know how that turned out.
          Well a point is a point. And thanks Wamsgamz for the first UAA goal, that was sweet!!
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Indeed, Suze. I think the Black Bears are going to come out swinging a little harder tonight, although I think that if they play tonight like they did last night they might be
            able to make things happen. By the way, any idea on the attendance numbers last night? I did hear Kurt on the radio saying that he's been pushing hard for new
            glass at the Sully as well. I wonder what the cost would be on such an upgrade? I'd gladly pitch in a few bucks if they just asked the public to support such a project,
            but I doubt that will happen.
            Last edited by Alaskana; 02-02-2013, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Indeed, Suze. I think the Black Bears are going to come out swinging a little harder tonight, although I think that if they play tonight like they did last night they might be
              able to make things happen. By the way, any idea on the attendance numbers last night? I did hear Kurt on the radio saying that he's been pushing hard for new
              glass at the Sully as well. I wonder what the cost would be on such an upgrade? I'd gladly pitch in a few bucks if they just asked the public to support such a project,
              but I doubt that will happen.
              The paper said 2600, but I don't think it's butts in the seats just tickets sold. We weren't there but a friend who was said attendance was better than it had been.

The glass definitely needs replacing. Fans need to pepper the Mayors office with emails.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Great atmosphere at the Sully last night. Let's hope we get that group in the arena again ... just what the Dr. ordered.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The Alaska Military Youth Academy's presence at the Saturday game was awesome. There must have been 200-300 of them but they made a disproportionate amount of noise. They were, as Matt Bailey said, "the most crazy fans we've had at Sullivan. We really appreciated it, and it made a difference."

The coolest moment of the weekend was after Saturday's game when the Seawolves skated over to the glass in front of the Youth Academy and gave them a special salute for their efforts. The attendance of the Youth Academy was a much-needed boost to the Sullivan arena environment.

Simply awesome - we need this gang back at every home game! It reminded me of the old days when every game was a raucous sell-out (sigh).

A better effort by the Seawolves this weekend, but their lapses were costly. We coulda easily had 3 or even 4 points...

Comment

Working...
                  X