No announcement yet.

The Beanpot 2013 It's Anyone's Game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Beanpot 2013 It's Anyone's Game!

Come on NU.. our season is almost over.. time for a bit of 'community' service.. let's try help the folks on Comm Ave crystalize their search for new HC.
    Let us be the ones that finally tip Parker to turn the reigns over.. all for a good cause.. now let's make a game of it!
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Uh, speak for yourself. I don't want Parker going anywhere

BTW, this now regularly following the Super Bowl doesn't exactly help.

Comment

Best memory for me when I was in school: After winning the Pot in 1990, on the *packed* late T, waiting to leave North Station. The direction sign inside our car said "B Boston College", which was no good, so I cranked it around, and when it turned over to read "B Boston Univ" (which took a while!) everybody cheered.
        Bugs Bunny - 96
        Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Sucks to bu. B E A G L E S. Go Yale! Beat Harvard! That is all. Have fun tonight and Let's make this Jackie's first class since 1964 to never hoist a beanpot. Let them know our pain!!!!!
          Originally posted by Bakunin
          Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            How about the "on-ice" but non-hockey moment a few years back when a drugged up/drunk BU student jumped out of the crowd and onto the ice to assault Baldwin?
            That was bizarre. The kid jumped into the zamboni door area a few rows in front of me, ran onto the ice and tried to rip Baldwin's head off.

On ice bad memorable... Tim Benedetto calling off a BC goal from center ice (would have been the game winner). BC lost in OT, IIRC.

On ice good memory... Gerbe breaking backs, wrists, fingers... AND, diving (embellishment) after the OT game winner.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
              BC is struggling right now, but Harvard is downright awful. Hopefully BC gets a few goals and gets their confidence going again before a tougher opponent next week one way or the other (plus a big game against Lowell on Friday night). I don't expect NU to play well at all, because it's the Beanpot. But you never know, I guess.
              BC has to bring their 'A' game against Harvard. Harvard has nothing to lose and will be balls to the wall to knock us off (see Harvard @ BU, 1/9/13). I expect Harvard to play a very physical game. If the Eagles don't answer, it's going to be a long night.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                On ice bad memorable... Tim Benedetto calling off a BC goal from center ice (would have been the game winner). BC lost in OT, IIRC.
                What year was that? I literally have lost count of the ridiculous goals called back in this event over the last 15 years.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I literally have lost count of the ridiculous goals called back in this event over the last 15 years.
                  bingo

Comment

What year was that? I literally have lost count of the ridiculous goals called back in this event over the last 15 years.
                    all good calls. good refs in hea/ecac!
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I must be getting old when my first thoughts about this evening are "oh jeez... I have to schlep myself into the garden for a 5:00 game".

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        I must be getting old when my first thoughts about this evening are "oh jeez... I have to schlep myself into the garden for a 5:00 game".
                        my first thought is "HOW MUCH LONGER DO WE HAVE TO SUFFER NU BEING INVITED TO PLAY IN THIS ALREADY?!?!?!!?!"
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                          BC has to bring their 'A' game against Harvard.
                          Let's call a spade a spade here. No they don't.
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            "B-" or so ought to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              With this year's team being one of the less talented BC teams in the last 15 years, I think B+ effort has to be brought every night even against a bad team (Harvard) or bad things have a possibility of happening. Everyone wants to tag BC in the rear end right now after they have romped through the league (and country) for the past decade and a half. Against a good team it has to be an A effort or hope B+ effort plus puck luck gets you a W.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                my first thought is "HOW MUCH LONGER DO WE HAVE TO SUFFER JACK PARKER BEHIND OUR BENCH?!?!?!!?!"
                                ..fyp.
                                GO NU HOCKEY
                                Always bullish on the future.
                                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X