No announcement yet.

The Beanpot 2013 It's Anyone's Game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Beanpot 2013 It's Anyone's Game!

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    Anyone want to throw out their most memorable?
    I'm gonna go with the 2011 NU/BC Beanpot Final,we were broke and couldn't afford cable,so it was all by radio,there's something to be said about listening to a great game by radio,It brought me back to the Beanpots of the 80's and after that era passed I lost the excitement and gave up for a long time,but when I heard that game I was just hooked all over again,what a see-saw battle,I will never forget the excitement of that game,it was life changing for me.

Comment

So looks like NU/BU @ 5 should be a barn burner

Unless of course NU can find a way to sign Wes Myron by Monday What a stud that kid is.
      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

BEANNNNPOTTTTTTTTTTTTT AHHHHHHHH

BU SUCKS HARVARD SUCKS NORTHEASTERN SUCKS ALL YOUR BEANS POT WILL BELONG TO US

Oh I'm ready.
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Games should really be 5:30 and 8:30. I don't mind staying up late. It sucks having an empty arena for so much of the first game. Oh well.

BC is struggling right now, but Harvard is downright awful. Hopefully BC gets a few goals and gets their confidence going again before a tougher opponent next week one way or the other (plus a big game against Lowell on Friday night). I don't expect NU to play well at all, because it's the Beanpot. But you never know, I guess.

Re: a BC-BU consolation game... I actually think that would be a pretty big deal, in a weird, novelty sort of way. I know I'd be excited about it. It would definitely be the most surreal night of Beanpot hockey of my lifetime. The odds of it happening are worse this year than usual; despite BC and BU's recent issues, HU and NU don't look very good at all. That being said, it would be a pretty significant game for BC and BU...BC is in a dogfight for a top seed in NCAAs, and BU is right around the bubble line...not many games left against other TUCs to sway the PWR one way or the other.

Best Beanpot memories for me are usually off-the-ice whacky things that only seem to happen at the Beanpot, and great crowd moments (like NU fans chanting "We want Harvard" after BC fans chanted "We want BU." Quality). On the ice, I'd say for me it would be the 2008 BC-BU semifinal. In addition to being a hell of a game, Gerbe beating BU in overtime really kind of slayed a dragon for BC, where it seemed like we would always manage to blow OT/close/late games against BU in the Beanpot at the Garden. The whole attitude of BC at the Beanpot seemed to change at that point.
          BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
          -
          Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
            Games should really be 5:30 and 8:30.
            No.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Gerbe beating BU in overtime
              Ah yes, followed by the only time Gerbe ever dove in his career. That was enjoyable.

Comment

Best Beanpot memories for me are usually off-the-ice whacky things that only seem to happen at the Beanpot,
                How about the "on-ice" but non-hockey moment a few years back when a drugged up/drunk BU student jumped out of the crowd and onto the ice to assault Baldwin?
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  No.
                  Agreed.

We're lucky enough to not have the 5:00 game for a while but the 8:00 game doesn't start till 8:30 as it is meaning it wouldn't start till 9 if everything went right.

Edit: As for moment, I agree. The Gerbe goal and subsequent dive was the slaying of the dragon moment.

Comment

To the winner of the 7:30 PM game on Monday 2/11, congratulations on your city championship.
                    Originally posted by Skeeterman
                    Ski yo momma!
                    Originally Asked by Grant Potulny (After noticing an autograph seeker was wearing SCSU colors.)
                    Who do you cheer for in the post season?

Comment

Originally posted by skiumah2 View Post
                      To the winner of the 7:30 PM game on Monday 2/11, congratulations on your city championship.
                      ...burn?
                      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                      -
                      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Even if the first game started at 530 the place would still be empty.

Comment

Yeah... no matter how you position it... two games on a Monday night is going to be tough on attendance.

Out of curiosity, I wonder what percentage of the people attend most of both games?

Comment

...burn?
                            Ha ha, yeah, a championship of a city that has provided 4 of the last 5 national champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                              Ha ha, yeah, a championship of a city that has provided 4 of the last 5 national champions.
                              *There's* the burn

Comment

The 2000 game was fairly memorable for me given the three simultaneous fights that occurred. Although I believe one pair was only given double minors
                                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X