Salem State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salem State

What a disaspointing season from what was suppose to be a very very good year. With Nick Lampson and Casey Terreri quitting before their senior years (both wouldve been 40 point seniors) as a former BU and PC commitments and that left the forwards decimated. They havent been able to score alot and the defense is 3 freshmen 2 sophmores and a random senior with the Captain Defensemen being out for the season i believe. Salem dresses 8 freshmen every game. And they use 2 transfers as well only 8 players from last years roster play at all. Rough season. Does the future bode well? Or is it a sign of things to come in a Mascac where only Plymouth State can compete on a bigger level.

Re: Salem State

Originally posted by SSUVikingSuperfan View Post
    What a disaspointing season from what was suppose to be a very very good year. With Nick Lampson and Casey Terreri quitting before their senior years (both wouldve been 40 point seniors) as a former BU and PC commitments and that left the forwards decimated. They havent been able to score alot and the defense is 3 freshmen 2 sophmores and a random senior with the Captain Defensemen being out for the season i believe. Salem dresses 8 freshmen every game. And they use 2 transfers as well only 8 players from last years roster play at all. Rough season. Does the future bode well? Or is it a sign of things to come in a Mascac where only Plymouth State can compete on a bigger level.
    I will admit to not following the team much, but with 12 freshman and only 3 seniors (per collegehockeystats.net), I would think forecasting a "very very good year" woud be a longshot. They are .625 conference & .553 overall, not too shabby. I would think with a little more experience, the best is yet to come from this team.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
      I will admit to not following the team much, but with 12 freshman and only 3 seniors (per collegehockeystats.net), I would think forecasting a "very very good year" woud be a longshot. They are .625 conference & .553 overall, not too shabby. I would think with a little more experience, the best is yet to come from this team.
      And that is without Lampson and Terreri (whom they expected to have this year).
      Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
      2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

It looks like they improved the bleachers and got a new scoreboard. But is the locker room any better? For some whacky reason, nice looking barns attract players. Also, they need more fannies in the stands. Nothing excites recruits or terrifies opponents as a packed house.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

This is a case of a once proud team not being able to deal with 21st century Division 3 hockey. In the 70's, 80's and 90's, and even in the 00's to a degree, this team got all the kids from the North Shore who either were D1 castoff's or the bubble kids. Sadly, high school hockey on the North Shore isn't anything like it was then where every h.s. had a kid who could go directly to college and play sometimes d1 or d2. Salem had the new rink at the time, and kids wanted to go there to play hockey first and foremost, before education. Salem competed with the Lowell's, Merrimack's, Babson's, Bowdoin's of the world and often beat them. Now, as we all know, juniors and prep school's give the kids more time to think about things differently. Moving to the new league has hurt them, as has the loss of all those great rivalries. (They also competed well with D1 teams in exhibitions.) Now the rink is old. The league is weak and not a lot of local talent to draw from. Mr. O'Neil has a very tough job compared to the past when great players would just show up. I don't see things getting marginally better for them. They used to be among the best in the nation in probably the best league. Now they are just an average team in one of the weakest leagues in the country.

Comment

Working...
          X