X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell '12/'13 Season Thread II

Originally posted by Pesky McGrath View Post
    Video up on their website. Nice multi-views of BC goals and Lowell saves, final score shows up well though!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpFOz...9zI5-E2nd89FrQ
    What did you say?
    Who own the Chiefs?
    What did he say?
    Owns! Owns!

Comment

Video up on their website. Nice multi-views of BC goals and Lowell saves, final score shows up well though!
      On their stream last night, they were so busy going through all their 'post-BC goal' crap that they missed the UML second goal live.
      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
        On their stream last night, they were so busy going through all their 'post-BC goal' crap that they missed the UML second goal live.
        There is some joy in scoring so fast the other guys can't keep up

Comment

Seriously, after scoring a goal, I thought Hulk Hogan was going to come out and wrestle. A little over the top if you ask me. I wonder if they do it when they are losing by a few goals late in a game?

Comment

Surprisingly, Lowell is close to taking the Pairwise with UNH. Our RPI is .5448 to their .5482. Given our much tougher schedule and their cakewalk ... it'll be easier for us to raise our RPI and catch them ... we already have a better TUC because the 3-0 H2H does NOT count in TUC for Pairwise between these two teams. For BC pairwise, we have to catch them in COP and maintain our current RPI lead. As for COP, I have no idea why their 13-7-2 is currently better than our 13-6-2.

So, although our 1-5 record against them kills us in HE tie-breakers, it doesn't hurt us that bad in Pairwise.

Many scenarios to play out, however ... still much too early to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulG View Post
              Surprisingly, Lowell is close to taking the Pairwise with UNH. Our RPI is .5448 to their .5482. Given our much tougher schedule and their cakewalk ... it'll be easier for us to raise our RPI and catch them ... we already have a better TUC because the 3-0 H2H does NOT count in TUC for Pairwise between these two teams. For BC pairwise, we have to catch them in COP and maintain our current RPI lead. As for COP, I have no idea why their 13-7-2 is currently better than our 13-6-2.

So, although our 1-5 record against them kills us in HE tie-breakers, it doesn't hurt us that bad in Pairwise.

Many scenarios to play out, however ... still much too early to tell.
              PWR is a different matter. We're basically (probably) competing with BC for an eastern spot. Obviously we could both get one, but with UNH "hosting" (and man do I hate that nonsense ... they're staying East no matter what.

FWIW, the newest bracketology blog has all four HE teams staying East.
              This week’s brackets
              Grand Rapids
              14 Notre Dame vs. 2 Minnesota
              10 Western Michigan vs. 5 North Dakota

Toledo
              15 Yale vs. 3 Miami
              11 St. Cloud State vs. 8 Niagara

Manchester
              13 Dartmouth vs. 4 New Hampshire
              12 Denver vs. 6 Boston College

Providence
              16 Providence vs. 1 Quinnipiac
              9 Massachusetts-Lowell vs. 7 Minnesota State
              Do like this line from that blog ... because it's deserved finally... when talking about Lowell and BC:
              Where to put them? Attendance won’t make much of a difference as you have good attendance from the other two teams in each regional. So I am going to say the committee goes with bracket integrity here.
              Last edited by UMLFan; 02-27-2013, 03:28 PM.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                FWIW, the newest bracketology blog has all four HE teams staying East.
                Yep, I like Lowell in the 8,9 slots in PWR ... we get to go where Quinnipiac goes. So, moving up does increase the odds we go west.

Did you see how the Bracketology "adjustments" were all about getting a WCHA team in each regional?

Comment

Yep, I like Lowell in the 8,9 slots in PWR ... we get to go where Quinnipiac goes. So, moving up does increase the odds we go west.

Did you see how the Bracketology "adjustments" were all about getting a WCHA team in each regional?
                  Yeah ... I know they play with it a bit, but it's still interesting.
                  Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Yeah ... I know they play with it a bit, but it's still interesting.
                    I think Minnesota would have the most to complain about and Miami's "bracket adjustment" would have to make them smile ... that along with the fact that Miami is not getting shipped east again to play a Hockey East team.

Comment

Do like this line from that blog ... because it's deserved finally... when talking about Lowell and BC:
                      Really liked that line as well!!! Bridgeport '02 opened some eyes as to how Lowell could draw. Oh, how I did ever hate seeing them go west in 94/96 - both times to play Michigan State on their home ice.

Comment

Bad news for BC. Kevin Hayes undergoes surgery and is out for the season. He suffered a quad injury last night.
                        http://themackreport.com/bcs-kevin-h...or-the-season/

Comment

NCAA hates first round matchups from same conference, so that's legit.

Yeah, that's awesome. I'm sure that the school's commitment to bringing a bus or two down didn't hurt. Marty rallying the troops from the top of a bar table was just a bonus.
                          Last edited by Go-UML; 02-27-2013, 05:18 PM.
                          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Really liked that line as well!!! Bridgeport '02 opened some eyes as to how Lowell could draw. Oh, how I did ever hate seeing them go west in 94/96 - both times to play Michigan State on their home ice.
                            Not as much as me. I was pregnant and due to deliver in 96. When we found out when I was due he said- Oh, no problem, we will stink this yr. Farthest they ever went. His alpha pager wouldn't work where he was. Yikes. That was stress!!

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post

Yeah, that's awesome. I'm sure that the school's commitment to bringing a bus or two down didn't hurt. Marty rallying the troops from the top of a bar table was just a bonus.
                              Never mind -- tried to attach the picture of Marty on the bar, but alas I cannot figure out how to do it !
                              Last edited by Pesky McGrath; 02-27-2013, 06:42 PM. Reason: No picture just a link to my harddrive/screensaver!

Comment

Never mind -- tried to attach the picture of Marty on the bar, but alas I cannot figure out how to do it !
                                find a host... *********** is my standby
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X