This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    When they met last February, both teams were in the Top 10.
    Way bigger for us... MC needs a lot of hope for NCAAs so HEA is all they're playing for
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Re: UMass Lowell '12/'13 Season Thread II

So ...
      Hockey East ‏@hockey_east
      If there a tie-breaker of more than two teams, you take the h2h record vs. the tied teams, you then take the team with the best record...
      Hockey East ‏@hockey_east
      and separate them out and then start the tiebreaking process again..
      Having a 1-5 record against UNH and BC is going to kill us.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Lowell's next win will be only their 3rd time to have 20-win back-to-back seasons, in DI.

The first was the seasons ending in '86 and '87 with 22 and 20 wins respectively, and again in '93 and '94, with 20 and 25 wins respectively ('94 was a NCAA year)
        Last edited by UMLFan; 02-27-2013, 11:25 AM.
        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
          So ..Having a 1-5 record against UNH and BC is going to kill us.
          I'll put a different spin on this.

1. Going 0-3-0 against Moo-N-H and losing two of those games in Lowell will cost us one seed. Of course, this is provided that we stay tied with and/or are below them. I'll take a 1-2-0 mark against BC given their squad and concede a seeding.

2. How many people thought on 01 December that we would even be in home ice contention, let alone a tie for first in the home stretch of March. I for one sure as hell didn't.
          Last edited by John_Fuller; 02-27-2013, 12:14 PM.
          - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            Also, BTW, I just ordered 26 tickets, and they said they weren't going to be put them all together. In other words, tickets are selling for Friday.
            Just got back from the Tsongas, as I needed to purchase tickets now to avoid that brutal traffic on Friday. After speaking to the ticket agent, he said that this game is quickly filling up. They expect a packed house once again.

Regarding the team, just amazing. One thing I noticed are the recent line changes. Understand, that I have missed a good chunk of games, but I noticed Bazin on Saturday that the lines shifted from the initial portion of the season. Initially in the season, I noticed that Chapie, White, Colantone (who hasn't played much lately), Fallon, etc would be matched with two top forwards like Arnold, Wetmore, Wilson, etc. However, recently, I feel that those individuals have not paired with the top players as much, and even placed with some of the lesser scoring/defensive forwards (ie. Chapie, Thompson, Wright line). I see that this creates more opportunities for scoring on the top lines, as some of the more talented tenured forwards can play more together...
            "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
            make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
              2. How many people thought on 01 December that we would even be in home ice contention, let alone a tie for first in the home stretch of March. I for one sure as hell didn't.
              Nor I
              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Is BC like UMass where they don't put highlights up if games they lose or do they just not do highlights in general?

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
                  I'll put a different spin on this.

1. Going 0-3-0 against Moo-N-H and losing two of those games in Lowell will cost us one seed. Of course, this is provided that we stay tied with and/or are below them. I'll take a 1-2-0 mark against BC given their squad and concede a seeding.

Of course that's true.

But that doesn't change that the 1-5 record is going to very possibly hurt us in terms of home-ice.
                  Monty

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                    Is BC like UMass where they don't put highlights up if games they lose or do they just not do highlights in general?
                    I'm wondering the same.
                    Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      So ...

Having a 1-5 record against UNH and BC is going to kill us.
                      We should have avoided the problem by not being in first place.

Let's worry about the post-mortem later... Yes, we were ugly out of the gate... Had we done better with those games we'd be in that national top six and have a good chance to coast to a league title. Have we become those guys?

Edit: Monty, we need to win period before we start talking about being tie-broken out of home ice... We go 2-2 and the chances of not having home ice is likely very low
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                        We should have avoided the problem by not being in first place.

Let's worry about the post-mortem later... Yes, we were ugly out of the gate... Had we done better with those games we'd be in that national top six and have a good chance to coast to a league title. Have we become those guys?

Edit: Monty, we need to win period before we start talking about being tie-broken out of home ice... We go 2-2 and the chances of not having home ice is likely very low
                        No, WE don't need to win.

WE are fans, and we can talk about the 2018 national championship game if we wanted to.

I'm not worried about the post-mortem. I was just stating that the 1-5 record will hurt us in tie-breakers. That comment has taken on a life of it's own apparently.
                        Monty

Comment

I have us going 4-0 in our last four games - collecting all 8 points - and capturing 1st place in HockeyEast. BC and UNH will not get all 8 points - so no worry about tie breakers.

Comment

CHN named Lowell their Team of the Week:
                            http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...tts-lowell.php
                            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by RiverHawkfan Dave View Post
                              I have us going 4-0 in our last four games - collecting all 8 points - and capturing 1st place in HockeyEast. BC and UNH will not get all 8 points - so no worry about tie breakers.
                              Would love to see that ... but PC and Lowell have the toughest stretch left this year. UNH has four at home against UMass (or as a UNH fan called them elsewhere "the Lowell rejects").
                              Monty

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                                Video up on their website. Nice multi-views of BC goals and Lowell saves, final score shows up well though!

Comment

Working...
                                X