This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell '12/'13 Season Thread II

I am of the generation where I am just glad every time we beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      As am I.
      Let's go Lowell.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        Yup
        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

A good solid game tonight (as it sounded on the radio)... Another solid game tomorrow and we're setting up for a good run down the stretch.

Keep wanting it.
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            Then here are some stats that will blow your mind:

This is the 1st time Lowell has ever taken the season series from BU in back-to-back seasons.

This is the 1st time Lowell has ever won 3 consecutive road games against BU.

This was the 1st time Lowell has ever shutout BU and won the game. (They did have a shutout tie on 2/2/2007)

The current 3-game winning streak against BU is the longest since a 4 game streak 11/10/2000 through 12/1/2001.

Lowell has only swept a season series from BU once - the 2000-2001 season.
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post

This is the 1st time Lowell has ever taken the season series from BU in back-to-back seasons.

This was the 1st time Lowell has ever shutout BU and won the game. (They did have a shutout tie on 2/2/2007)

The current 3-game winning streak against BU is the longest since a 4 game streak 11/10/2000 through 12/1/2001.

BU has always owned Lowell. Now is the time to turn the tables.
              Let's go Lowell.

Comment

The game takeaway from CHN.
                http://blog.collegehockeynews.com/20...-shuts-out-bu/

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post

I believe that with Norm Bazin as coach, we will continue to see a lot more streaks being extended. His recruiting has been top notch. So excited to see what these freshmen and sophomores become in a few years! I hope Hellebuyck stays with us for a few seasons. Another scary thought...

Comment

doesn't blow my mind, we had a long hx of finding a ay to lose (or once at Tully teh refs blatantly making sure- looooong memory for that one)

Comment

Originally posted by fr0zn-4 View Post
                      I believe that with Norm Bazin as coach, we will continue to see a lot more streaks being extended. His recruiting has been top notch. So excited to see what these freshmen and sophomores become in a few years! I hope Hellebuyck stays with us for a few seasons. Another scary thought...
                      Norm Bazin is a great coach to be sure...But if you've been paying attention to BU in the past few years a lot of teams are having a lot of "firsts" against them. This isn't your father's BU team. They're awful. UML should win easily tonight.
                      Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                        I think Norm rides the hot hand tomorrow night and Doug Carr gets the crappy assignment of playing at BC on Tuesday. I'm also thinking that the Tsongas is going to be packed tomorrow night.
                        Works for me, I hope you're right.

Hate to admit it but I've skipped a few games with BU in the past as it was so frustrating. If you told me at the end of the 2008-2009 season we'd be winning season series, finishing ahead of them in HEA and out-drawing Agganis I'd have said that's crazy talk. Beating them 7-1 last fall is one of my favorite games ever! Sure hope we'll be celebrating tonight.

Comment

Good win last night. But if you don't win tonight, it was a spoiled weekend (and yes, I know, owning the tiebreaker helps).

3 points separating 6 teams. Wow.

Fun and interesting thought ... if Lowell wins tonight, UNH loses at UVM (ha), PC loses at NU (possible) and BC and MC tie tomorrow (possible) ... Lowell would be playing BC on Tuesday with a chance to tie for the league lead.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

That was a complete team effort last night. The Hawks limited BU's chances and were all over them whenever they had the puck. They did a great job of pressuring BU and creating turnovers. The score could have easily been higher as they just missed on several nice chances. The Wilson goal was a bomb and it's nice to see Houk with a couple more assists. The only area of concern last night was the PP which looked disorganized and at times lackadaisical.

Time to move on and finish the job tonight.

Comment

I need an extra ticket, if anyone has one...?

I'll be at the bar as usual, around 4:30.
                              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                Good win last night. But if you don't win tonight, it was a spoiled weekend (and yes, I know, owning the tiebreaker helps).

3 points separating 6 teams. Wow.

Fun and interesting thought ... if Lowell wins tonight, UNH loses at UVM (ha), PC loses at NU (possible) and BC and MC tie tomorrow (possible) ... Lowell would be playing BC on Tuesday with a chance to tie for the league lead.
                                MY head hurts.

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                I need an extra ticket, if anyone has one...?

I'll be at the bar as usual, around 4:30.
                                Monty- do you still need one? I have an extra.

Comment

Working...
                                X