X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMass Lowell '12/'13 Season Thread II

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
    Any word about the goaltending situation? Carr was sure awful last weekend. I'm hoping Hellebuyck is ready to go.
    Carr will be starting tonight.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Any word about the goaltending situation? Carr was sure awful last weekend. I'm hoping Hellebuyck is ready to go.
      Yeah . . . honestly did not see this type of season coming for Carr. Thank god for Hellebuyck, or else who knows where this team would be (probably in the same place they were after 10 games this season).

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
        Does hellebuyck have an actual injury (not sick) or is this just the goalie rotation?
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Say it isn't so
          What did you say?
          Who own the Chiefs?
          What did he say?
          Owns! Owns!

Comment

Hopefully, since he's getting the chance, he can rebound after a bad weekend.

Been really quiet this week, considering the Merrimack River Rivalry...
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Hopefully he's had a mojo-infusion since Saturday night. C'mon buddy, gotta kick *** tonight.
              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Last weekend was a tough one for Dougie, we are all aware of that. However, he has proved to be an excellent goaltender in the past, and I still believe he is one of the best in the conference. He was able to bounce back from a nagging injury his first year on the job, and I truly believe he can get passed this challenging time. As much as the injury was physical, it’s a greater challenge from a mental standpoint. New coach, system, teammates and battling an injury takes tremendous focus, determination and mental power. This is why I see Dougie bouncing back against MC. Have faith UML Fans.
                "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

I hope Carr does well tonight but this year he does not have it. His below 90% save percentage says it all.
                  What did you say?
                  Who own the Chiefs?
                  What did he say?
                  Owns! Owns!

Comment

Yeah hopefully Doug will regain his 2011 - 2012 form. Gotta wonder what's up with Connor. His game against PC on 1/17 was stellar 31 saves and I don't remember any pause or concern. Then he disappears for 2 weeks? Is Norm generally up front on injury stuff or is he cagey? I guessed he got the flu when he wasn't even on the bench for the mathews arena game but they are saying injury right?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                      I guessed he got the flu when he wasn't even on the bench for the mathews arena game but they are saying injury right?
                      When he did not dress for the NU game, Norm said Connor had an injury and was day to day.
                      What did you say?
                      Who own the Chiefs?
                      What did he say?
                      Owns! Owns!

Comment

When he did not dress for the NU game, Norm said Connor had an injury and was day to day.
                        I am not expert at this like some of you but I can't say I saw him in net at practice in the 'weekend edition Lowell video'
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyU0O...Oz9n6A&index=1

A two week sickness that hits between Thursday (Prov.) and Saturday ( BU ) would be quite rare ? It scares me only because noone has really said anything, even Wetmore's shoulder this year and hand last year were more forthcoming it seems to me.
                        I do hope Carr bounces back from last weekend, need a BIG weekend before next Friday's clash.

Comment

Originally posted by Pesky McGrath View Post
                          I am not expert at this like some of you but I can't say I saw him in net at practice in the 'weekend edition Lowell video'
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyU0O...Oz9n6A&index=1

A two week sickness that hits between Thursday (Prov.) and Saturday ( BU ) would be quite rare ? It scares me only because noone has really said anything, even Wetmore's shoulder this year and hand last year were more forthcoming it seems to me.
                          I do hope Carr bounces back from last weekend, need a BIG weekend before next Friday's clash.
                          You never know if he was sick for the PC game and just fought it...?

I do wish Lowell was more forthcoming, because the speculation (that's gone from grades to I don't know what) is causing a problem.

And to clarify, I'm not calling anyone out on this ... like I said, more blaming Lowell's staff.
                          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

CBS Sports Top 10 has Lowell at #7.
                            Monty

Comment

BU loses yet another player.
                              Monty

Comment

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....rimack-preview
                                What did you say?
                                Who own the Chiefs?
                                What did he say?
                                Owns! Owns!

Comment

Working...
                                X