Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Maine picks up a commit from the USHL.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

UMaine lands new recruit for 2014-’15
      By Nathan Fournier

LEWISTON – The University of Maine men’s ice hockey team has added depth to the forward position for the 2014-‘15 season.

The Black Bears picked up a commitment from Cedric Lacroix, a 19-year old forward from Shefford, Quebec, who is in his second season with the Sioux City Musketeers of the United States Hockey League.
      LINK>>>

Also Butala nor Drobot were drafted in the OHL Draft either...The two USHL drafts are in May.
      USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
        Reggie might have had hands of stone, but to say Cerretani is more of an offensive threat is quite the stretch. Cerretani has 5 points in 62 games with a whopping 2 goals in three years and Reggie had 98 points in 147 games. Reggie had much better talent to play with,but I think if he played on the team the past 3 years he would have surpassed 5 points. Cerretani is lucky he's playing D1 in my opinion because his numbers suggest he shouldn't be.
        Cerretani would maybe be my first guy cut from this team, and it's apples and oranges when comparing him to Reg... (Half the reason that Cardinal had so many points for Maine is that nobody wanted to take him on, on either end of the ice.)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          Cerretani would maybe be my first guy cut from this team, and it's apples and oranges when comparing him to Reg... (Half the reason that Cardinal had so many points for Maine is that nobody wanted to take him on, on either end of the ice.)
          He hustles and he works hard. At the 2012 Icebreaker, he was the only player on the team to even show up against Notre Dame. Granted Devin had mono at the time, but there were others who simply coasted, and then didn't do anything against Army, either.

Cerretani's hustle and forecheck were the only offensive upsides against Merrimack this past post season. The rest of the team was handcuffed by Merrimack's stellar D and relentless attack (---hoping you can taste the sarcasm).

Canco, care to weigh in about this Lawrence Academy grad?

Comment

I'm not saying that he doesn't play with enthusiasm; I'm just remarking on his lack of talent and judgment.

Nothing personal intended, but I'd cut him before I'd cut even Campbell... Cerretani is dead-wood on this team right now.

(And Red needs to create some space in Orono.)
            Last edited by Fishman'81; 04-17-2014, 11:19 PM.

Comment

As I tweeted earlier tonight, found out Spicer will play in BCHL or USHL next fall. He played in EHL with Jr. Monarchs this past season…Two-three players will be cut and that info will come out over the coming weeks as school wraps up.
              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

http://www.juniorhockeyplayers.com/c...sity-of-maine/
                Lowell Forever
                Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                  I'm not saying that he doesn't play with enthusiasm; I'm just remarking on his lack of talent and judgment.

Nothing personal intended, but I'd cut him before I'd cut even Campbell... Cerretani is dead-wood on this team right now.

(And Red needs to create some space in Orono.)
                  FWIW,I don't think Cerretani is going to be cut...I think he's a 4th liner...paired with 2 others to make up a tight fore-checking high energy line,you won't get much to any scoring from a line like this but they are needed in matching up with lines that hate pesky in your face players...there worth does not always show up on the score sheet...but I don't see Cerretani going away...if and I say "IF" and when there are cuts...I would say 2 players that could be on there way out and with that said nothing against either one of these players,but the number factor on the Roster I would say D-man Kyle Williams and Forward/sometime D-man Bill Norman could be two that don't make it for the 2014-15 season...just speculation on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    FWIW,I don't think Cerretani is going to be cut...I think he's a 4th liner...paired with 2 others to make up a tight fore-checking high energy line,you won't get much to any scoring from a line like this but they are needed in matching up with lines that hate pesky in your face players...there worth does not always show up on the score sheet...but I don't see Cerretani going away...if and I say "IF" and when there are cuts...I would say 2 players that could be on there way out and with that said nothing against either one of these players,but the number factor on the Roster I would say D-man Kyle Williams and Forward/sometime D-man Bill Norman could be two that don't make it for the 2014-15 season...just speculation on my part.
                    I don't see how cutting Williams makes any sense. He's from Maine and I don't believe he gets any scholarship money. From what i've seen, he's more than capable of being the eighth dman.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      I don't see how cutting Williams makes any sense. He's from Maine and I don't believe he gets any scholarship money. From what i've seen, he's more than capable of being the eighth dman.
                      I would say that this is a NEW Coaching staff and FWIW that just because your from Maine has not much to do with other then there here to win and have players play not be from Maine sitting in the Stands...as I said before just speculation on my part...and not worth a whole lot.

Comment

Cerretani, Norman and Williams are certainly possibilities, but I can think of a much more obvious one. Regarding Cerretani, I would not cut a senior who always give it his all. Just as Marshall was a great role model, the team needs someone around to keep a few others in line.

Comment

I would say that this is a NEW Coaching staff and FWIW that just because your from Maine has not much to do with other then there here to win and have players play not be from Maine sitting in the Stands...as I said before just speculation on my part...and not worth a whole lot.
                          the new coaching staff hopefully realizes things that Timmy did not realize, that cutting players like Marshall has a devastating effect on the rest of the team and the respect that they players give the coach. Tim never got that.

Comment

Other schools are reporting signed NLIs. Any word from Orono on that?

Comment

Simon Butala was drafted in the first round of the USHL Phase I (Futures) Draft by the Madison Capitals, an expansion team. The other expansion team Bloomington Thunder selected Konstantin Chernyuk in the 4th round while Sioux Falls Stampede selected AJ Drobot also in the 4th round. Pat Shea, Cam Spicer, and Lucas Michaud will be eligible for tomorrow's Phase II Draft.

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Maine recruits represented at USHL draft
                                By Nathan Fournier
                                The University of Maine had five recruits drafted by the United States Hockey League on Monday and Tuesday.

The Black Bears saw all three of its 1998 birth year recruits go in the Phase I portion of the draft on Monday night. Simon Butala, a defenseman from Downingtown PA., spent the year with the Long Island Gulls minor midget program was selected eighth overall by the expansion Madison Capitals.
                                LINK>>>

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X