Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Originally posted by BobF View Post
    FWIW I also saw that former commit BJ Salerno has committed to Alabama-Huntsville.
    When you see a guy going to Huntsville over Maine, you have to wonder who de-committed who.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
      Maine de-commit Victor Bjorkung has committed to Ohio State.
      (Ditto there, but with less emphasis.)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        When you see a guy going to Huntsville over Maine, you have to wonder who de-committed who.
        Did not say Salerno was a decommit. I think in both cases the current coaching staff looked at them and told them they both would be better off seeking other opportunities. Maine's last two recruiting classes under TW were strong, but there were way to many misses along the way. I hope both Salerno and Bjorkung have excellent college careers, but am also glad that Red and company shed some of the recruits TW had for some of their own.
        Last edited by BobF; 03-19-2014, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.

Recruiting has been an issue since the mid-2000's, and it doesn't do anyone any good to bring in guys who will never fit the mold.

That's where Tim failed, first and foremost.

Comment

According to Red Gendron as of 3-26 the Recruiting Class for this upcoming season is set(2014-15)...with that said "WHO" are the Recruits coming in..? I put down these names before...are these the players coming in this Fall.? Recruits: Goaltender;Remeo - D-Men; Hayes/Spicer/Hamilton - Forwards; Widmar/Pecararo/Musil/Badger...with Vesey either this fall or next.?

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
              According to Red Gendron as of 3-26 the Recruiting Class for this upcoming season is set(2014-15)...with that said "WHO" are the Recruits coming in..? I put down these names before...are these the players coming in this Fall.? Recruits: Goaltender;Remeo - D-Men; Hayes/Spicer/Hamilton - Forwards; Widmar/Pecararo/Musil/Badger...with Vesey either this fall or next.?
              You can most likely include Vesey coming in this fall. He scored in bunches in the USPHL. The only reason I could see for him going back to juniors would be if he wanted to give the USHL a shot.

Comment

Seven or eight skaters (D/F) coming in, only three (Swavely, O'Connor, Anthoine) leaving. Something's gotta give.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
                  Seven or eight skaters (D/F) coming in, only three (Swavely, O'Connor, Anthoine) leaving. Something's gotta give.
                  Yeah, not surprising that there are some of Timmy's guys hitting the stands
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Wally, -and anyone else who cares to offer an opinion- who do you see sitting/leaving?

(I ask because I don't see a whole lot of difference in the skill-level at Maine once you get past the 7-8 best players there.)
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-30-2014, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      Wally, -and anyone else who cares to offer an opinion- who do you see sitting/leaving?

(I ask because I don't see a whole lot of difference in the skill-level at Maine once you get past the 7-8 best players there.)
                      I don't know if anyone is leaving(Transfer)...but in the Stands Department: D-Man Kyle Williams & D/F Bill Norman...and to just add this would anyone be surprised "IF" Conner Riley would become a D/F,he has done both and that Will Merchant should show up "READY" to play from the get-go or he could too join the Stands Crew(just imo on #28,he needs to prove he belongs full time).

Comment

The only D guys assured of a spot are Hutton, Rutt and Schurhamer, the rest who knows? Depends on the guys coming in and how good of shape, improvement etc the returnees are. Forwards, the guys who didn't play much I doubt get a spot, other than that it once again depends on incoming recruits. A little competition for spots on the team might spur some guys on this offseason

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          The only D guys assured of a spot are Hutton, Rutt and Schurhamer, the rest who knows? Depends on the guys coming in and how good of shape, improvement etc the returnees are. Forwards, the guys who didn't play much I doubt get a spot, other than that it once again depends on incoming recruits. A little competition for spots on the team might spur some guys on this offseason
                          I think you can add Renouf to the above three with 2 openings come this fall...competition is good and I can't see this returning bunch not hungry to make the jump into the big time...NCAA's. Goaltending will be what many will deem as the question-mark going into a New Season....not that one or two from the group can't run with it(Morris/Nugnes/Remeo).

Comment

I can see Cerretani in the stands crew as well. Henke and Campbell could end up being bubble guys also, but as I said before, I think Campbell might take a big step up next season.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              I think you can add Renouf to the above three with 2 openings come this fall...competition is good and I can't see this returning bunch not hungry to make the jump into the big time...NCAA's. Goaltending will be what many will deem as the question-mark going into a New Season....not that one or two from the group can't run with it(Morris/Nugnes/Remeo).
                              Renouf looked alot better early then he did at the end of the season, Needs strength badly but he has some offense so you are probably correct in that he will play

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Renouf looked alot better early then he did at the end of the season, Needs strength badly but he has some offense so you are probably correct in that he will play
                                Hear you loud and clear on the strength part...that goes for all the team as they were pushed around by PC in the regular season ending series and then in the Quarter-Finals @ PC...as long as Renouf and Schurhamer are paired together...they make a good d-pair. But we will let next falls camp take care of the pairings.

Comment

Working...
                                X