Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

What Freshman is coming in next year and playing like a raped ape? And some numbers!

I say Vesey will be good but Musil comes in and goes 13G - 20A.

Comment

Originally posted by Tango View Post
      What Freshman is coming in next year and playing like a raped ape? And some numbers!

I say Vesey will be good but Musil comes in and goes 13G - 20A.
      Is Vesey coming in this fall..? I thought that he maybe coming in for 2015..?

Comment

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/02/2...-from-england/

Larry on Musil.

Comment

Originally posted by Tango View Post
          Well, when you consider the talent Jacobs has coached you have to be happy about his words on Musil. I read less of an endorsement of others that were more highly regarded that were coached by Jacobs...

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
            Well, when you consider the talent Jacobs has coached you have to be happy about his words on Musil. I read less of an endorsement of others that were more highly regarded that were coached by Jacobs...
            Article said he wasn't on scholarship. He had nice numbers in Jrs the past couple of seasons. Odd a program didn't offer him some $ before now. I guess Brian Flynn wasn't on scholarship to start either. Maybe Musil will have the same results Flynn did.

It will be good to see some 21 year old Freshman again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
              It says Drobot on other sites. Is Droblet a typo?
              Yes it was a typo...Thanks for the catch.

Sorry for the lack of updates been busy with the high school basketball tournaments last week.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0
              USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

As for Musil, I will go back to last year with my view on Brady Campbell, which is yes the numbers are nice, but both players are/were "overagers" dominating a lower level junior league. So don't expect Musil to come in be a secondary contributor right away. He may need a year or two before we see him producing at the DI level. Could he be a diamond in the rough sure, but I don't think he will come in be one of the leading point producing freshmen next year.

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Does anyone know if Maine recruited Logan Day? He attended Kents Hill for four years, last year he led all NE Prep defensemen in scoring by over 25 points.

He was ranked number one uncommitted player in the USPHL, PC got him
                  http://southshorekings.com/news.php?news_id=902129

Comment

2014/15
                    Nugnes, Nik

On The Goalie Guild Goalie Website Network, goalie coach Brian Daccord said, “I really like Nik’s size and, technically, he’s very solid. He’s a prototypical NHL goalie as he squares up really nicely to pucks and takes away a lot of the net. I project him as a Division 1 goalie and his biggest point of emphasis will be his consistency from game to game.”

“There is so much tradition. This is my dream school,” said Nugnes who was primarily recruited by Maine assistant Ben Guite.

Pecararo, Liam

“Both are very good,” said Lovell. “They fit the skill level at Maine. They’re small and quick, they see the ice well and they can make plays. They’re very good skaters and good puck-handlers.”

Pecararo can play all three forward positions and is considered among the “top five players in his age group in the country. He’s dynamic.”

Pecararo said he enjoyed everything about it including the atmosphere at the Alfond Arena.

“I liked the coaches and how professional they were,” said Pecararo. “I loved the campus. I fell in love with it.”

Hamilton, Mark

“He is a big, rugged throwback defenseman,” said Williamson. “The skilled guys [on opposing teams] aren’t going to want to be out there when he’s on the ice. He also does a good job getting pucks to the net.”

He said Hamilton is a good skater for a big man, has a good shot and plays with an edge.

Hamilton said he had talked to some other schools, including some Ivy League schools, but chose Maine because “it has a lot of hockey tradition and I like the coaching staff.

“Coach Gendron recruited me when he was at UMass and Yale and I really like him. And coach [Ben] Guite came and watched me play out here and seemed like a great guy. I liked everything he said about the school.

Musil, Jack

“His hockey IQ is immeasurable,” said Jacobs. “He sees everything on the ice just like a coach would. He has great hands and puck skills. He can freeze opponents. He has a quick release on his shot. He surprises goalies.”

“The atmosphere up there is unbelievable,” said Musil. “I went up and watched the Maine-New Hampshire game and the atmosphere was crazy. “People in the community really care about the hockey program, the coaching staff is unbelievable and the players were really friendly. I also really liked the school. I think it’s going to be a good fit for me,” said Musil.

Hayes, Malcolm

Cushing coach Ron Gagnon said Hayes is a hard-nosed, shutdown defenseman and added “I don’t think there’s an ounce of body fat on him. “He is so physically gifted, the sky is the limit for him,” said Gagnon. “When he goes into the corner, he comes out with just about every puck. He’s a good skater with a heavy shot and he can make that first pass to get the puck out of your zone.”

Gagnon said Hayes has four goals and five assists in 15 games and he will supply Maine with a defenseman that opposing forwards “won’t want to go into the corner with.

“And if they go to the front of the net, he’ll make them feel it,” said Gagnon.

“I definitely liked the rink. It’s small and I loved the atmosphere at the [Boston College] game,” said Hayes. “They definitely have pride in their hockey tradition.”

He was also impressed with the coaching staff of head coach Red Gendron and assistants Jay Leach and Ben Guite and their resumes. “They’re straight-forward guys who will help me reach my ultimate goal of playing in the NHL,” said the 18-year-old Hayes, whose father is now an NBC-5
                    Today early-morning news co-anchor in Dallas.

Vesey, Nolan

“Nolan is a pure goal scorer and those are hard to find,” Austin Prep coach Lou Finocchiaro, a former Merrimack College assistant, told the BDN Tuesday night. “He has a big upside. He is a very skilled hockey player. He’ll do things in practice and in games that will leave you with your mouth wide open. He sees the ice real well and he led our power play and our penalty killing. He’s a good skater with tremendous hands. He’s very crafty below the faceoff dots.”

Nolan Vesey, who will be a scholarship player, said he chose Maine over several other schools, including Hockey East schools.

“Coach Gendron is a great coach with an unbelievable track record. That made the decision easy for me,” said Vesey. “And the hockey program as such a rich history.”

He also said he “fell in love with the school” on his visit. “I want to win a national championship and go on to play in the NHL, and Maine is the best place to do both of those things,” added the 18-year-old Vesey

Romeo, Sean

“He is an extremely technical goaltender,” said Noreen. “He’s one of those guys who makes every save look easy because he’s always in such good position. He takes up a lot of net.”

“I’m really excited. I talked to a few schools but Maine really caught my attention,” said the 18-year-old Romeo. “It has a great hockey program, it’s a great school and a great reputation for producing [NHL] goaltenders. It’s a good fit.”

Badger, Ryan

Widmar, Joe

“Joe has all the tools to be a top-end Division I player,” said Oilers coach and general manager Eric Lind, who played 151 games at the University of New Hampshire including the 1998-99 NCAA championship game against Maine in Anaheim won by the Black Bears 3-2 in overtime.

“He sees the ice very well. He’s unbelievable on the wall. He’s very hard to knock off the puck. He’s very strong. And he has a great shot,” said Lind, who was an assistant coach at Yale with Maine head coach Red Gendron.

“I liked the new coaching staff. They are there to win hockey games and to get (the program) better. And they have a good group of guys on the team who made me feel right at home,” said Widmar.
                    Last edited by BlackI; 03-05-2014, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I couldn't find a bangor daily story for Ryan Badger. Maybe Larry will write one.

Comment

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0

AJ Drobot and Simon Butala will be competing on Elite Hockey Group at the OHL Cup March 11-16. It's a minor midget tournament and is the final major scouting event before the OHL draft. Competing in this event doesn't jeopardize NCAA eligibility. Don't read too much into it.

The NTDP U-17 evaluation camp roster for next year's should be released on Tuesday. Both players are hoping to be apart of the camp.

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Maine de-commit Victor Bjorkung has committed to Ohio State.
                          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                            Maine de-commit Victor Bjorkung has committed to Ohio State.
                            FWIW I also saw that former commit BJ Salerno has committed to Alabama-Huntsville.

Comment

Well, I am not sure it matters too much. I think any time there is a coaching change this stuff happens. I guess it is like going on job interviews and having your pick and deciding on a certain job because you liked the boss and the way he mentioned what he had in mind for you. Then you find out he leaves and the reasons you may have liked that job are no longer the difference maker. So you choose a different one. Not a big deal. In my opinion, what is most important is that Red gets the type of guy he wants and can fit into his idea of a strong team. By and large the current list of recruits seem outstanding. My biggest problem is that I wish there were more info on these recruits. For example, one of the recruits has a highlight film on youtube. I wish that existed for all of the recruits. For the diehards it is very interesting to get a sneak preview of players before they get to Maine.

I tried to recap the recruits earlier where I linked it to stories Larry had written to give some sort of an idea of how each player is characterized. I have seen little info on Ryan Badger other than he is captain of his team, one of the top scorers in his league, and had a shoot out goal posted on youtube. Other than that it seems like little info on him.

There is one recruit, Ivan Provorov, that is on a USHL team and it is considered he is getting recruited by Yale and Penn State. I can imagine this means Red was watching him when he skated for Wilkes-Barre Scranton Knights junior team. From other things I've read it seems he is outstanding and one of the top rated defensemen recruits not yet signed on to a team. We can only hope Maine can land some of these blue chip recruits like they used to every year. Some of the younger recruits on the list seem like the blue chip types. I also have been trying to follow the usa hockey teams. It seems like another top recruit is this Luke Kirwan. He seems like a power forward with a capital P. You can see some of the videos of his play. But from what I read he got draft major junior and might go that route. Well, if we don't get either of these recruits, oh well. But it would be nice to see Maine as one of the teams at least trying to recruit these top guys.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                Well, I am not sure it matters too much. I think any time there is a coaching change this stuff happens. I guess it is like going on job interviews and having your pick and deciding on a certain job because you liked the boss and the way he mentioned what he had in mind for you. Then you find out he leaves and the reasons you may have liked that job are no longer the difference maker. So you choose a different one. Not a big deal. In my opinion, what is most important is that Red gets the type of guy he wants and can fit into his idea of a strong team. By and large the current list of recruits seem outstanding. My biggest problem is that I wish there were more info on these recruits. For example, one of the recruits has a highlight film on youtube. I wish that existed for all of the recruits. For the diehards it is very interesting to get a sneak preview of players before they get to Maine.

I tried to recap the recruits earlier where I linked it to stories Larry had written to give some sort of an idea of how each player is characterized. I have seen little info on Ryan Badger other than he is captain of his team, one of the top scorers in his league, and had a shoot out goal posted on youtube. Other than that it seems like little info on him.

There is one recruit, Ivan Provorov, that is on a USHL team and it is considered he is getting recruited by Yale and Penn State. I can imagine this means Red was watching him when he skated for Wilkes-Barre Scranton Knights junior team. From other things I've read it seems he is outstanding and one of the top rated defensemen recruits not yet signed on to a team. We can only hope Maine can land some of these blue chip recruits like they used to every year. Some of the younger recruits on the list seem like the blue chip types. I also have been trying to follow the usa hockey teams. It seems like another top recruit is this Luke Kirwan. He seems like a power forward with a capital P. You can see some of the videos of his play. But from what I read he got draft major junior and might go that route. Well, if we don't get either of these recruits, oh well. But it would be nice to see Maine as one of the teams at least trying to recruit these top guys.
                                Checked out the Recruiting List and this is what I came up with to date...anyone know of any add ons or leaving..? Here's what I found: @ Defense; Hayes-Spicer-Hamilton ---@ Forwards; Musil-Widmar-Badger-Pecararo-Vesey '14 or '15..? Goaltender;Romeo.
                                Last edited by Ma#1ne Hky; 03-17-2014, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X