Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Is he going to go to another school? It seems at his age he doesn't have a lot of options.
    Not sure what his plans are now.

I don't think he got a scholarship offer at another school because he committed to Maine so late and if another school was interested in giving a scholarship in February wouldn't they have back then?
    USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsmaniac View Post
      Not sure what his plans are now.

I don't think he got a scholarship offer at another school because he committed to Maine so late and if another school was interested in giving a scholarship in February wouldn't they have back then?
      I just love it.....................amything is an improvement over TW..........a new era..............Main has good goal tending a nd 2 good lines.............Something to build on from there.........also a good solid 4 on D

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
        I just love it.....................amything is an improvement over TW..........a new era..............Main has good goal tending a nd 2 good lines.............Something to build on from there.........also a good solid 4 on D
        Drink much?

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
          Drink much?
          He's not as think as you drunk he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsmaniac View Post
            According to USHR, 2014 University of Maine recruit Ryan Cloonan has decommitted from the school.

Just texted Ryan and he has confirmed that report.
            Wanted the country club, eh?
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
              Wanted the country club, eh?
              This fascination some of you have for this "country club" is starting to enter the obsession category.

You don't know why he chose not to come. It may be that he figured Maine was stacked at his position and he wanted elsewhere. It may be that under TW's system he would have seen more opportunities but Red let him know their focus will be elsewhere so his role will be diminished. It's all speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                Oh no.......a walk-on has decommitted! The horror!!!
                Maine's most recent regular NHLer was a walk on.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineHockeyMom View Post
                  Maine's most recent regular NHLer was a walk on.
                  When was the last time Maine won anything of any importance?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    This fascination some of you have for this "country club" is starting to enter the obsession category.

You don't know why he chose not to come. It may be that he figured Maine was stacked at his position and he wanted elsewhere. It may be that under TW's system he would have seen more opportunities but Red let him know their focus will be elsewhere so his role will be diminished. It's all speculation.
                    Well said. This obsession with the "country club" atmosphere was an illusion for these posters and never existed. The phrase is only used to further demonize TW as a person and coach.

Comment

Roberto and Cloonan made it clear why they were not coming to Maine in 2014-15,but has there been any details in the reason why Gjurich has decided not to come to Maine for 2013-14..? I have no problem with players deciding not to come,just would like to know why so that they(the present Staff)can avoid any further players deciding not to come,especially the last minute kinds. It happens but at the same time,alot goes into setting up a team...and the next couple years will be key in Rebuilding/Retooling this Program.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                        Well said. This obsession with the "country club" atmosphere was an illusion for these posters and never existed. The phrase is only used to further demonize TW as a person and coach.
                        From the stands it appeared the players weren't in the same physical shape or conditioned as past UMaine teams. So country club might be a bit of an stretch, but you were there did they fade in the 3rd of alot of games?
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          From the stands it appeared the players weren't in the same physical shape or conditioned as past UMaine teams. So country club might be a bit of an stretch, but you were there did they fade in the 3rd of alot of games?
                          I was at every home game and in my opinion they lost games because the opposition had more skill and was not a result of being out of shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                            I was at every home game and in my opinion they lost games because the opposition had more skill and was not a result of being out of shape.
                            Thats fair, Tim will still get the blame for that.
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              you shouldda been at some of Tim's practices. I would call them "country club", but I only have a couple of Shawn's to compare them to. (oh and Juniors)

i have a feeling that runsub is going to have her eyes opened soon, after seeing the difference between:

the respect that the players show toward Red (even though they will not all "like him") and
                              the on-ice product.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                                When was the last time Maine won anything of any importance?
                                Duh. 2010 Hockey East Champions (Moral Victory vs. BC). We took the national champs to overtime!!!!!!!!!!
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X