Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    To be honest, I didn't do the greatest job in the world articulating what I was trying to say. I though O'connor blew hot and cold last year. Hopefully he can be more consistent with a different coach. Riley can fly and seems to have decent offensive skills. I'm with you on Williams, but for a kid from Maine on no money how much can we reasonably expect? I hope we see him develop into a reliable third pair dman.

I'm with you on what the makeup of your D corps needs to be in order to be successful.
    Riley was a HUGE liability on the ice last season. He turned the puck over multiple times, got caught out of position. I'll give him benefit of the doubt that maybe a new coach can put him in better situations, but as of now, I see Hutton, Rutt, Renouf, Schurhamer as top 4 D.

Comment

Hutton +2
      Rutt -8
      O'Connor -10
      Riley -12

I know stats aren't everything, but this is pretty indicative of who the best returning d-man is by a large margin.

Comment

So to clarify someone thinks Brice O'Connor is not a D1 defenseman? Really?

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
          Hutton +2
          Rutt -8
          O'Connor -10
          Riley -12

I know stats aren't everything, but this is pretty indicative of who the best returning d-man is by a large margin.
          You're right. Stats aren't everything. Who are you playing with? Who are you playing against? What situations are you used? One was protected defensively, another backchecked more than any defenseman I've ever seen. The d corp, other than the Cornell, Hutton pairing was different every week.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
            So to clarify someone thinks Brice O'Connor is not a D1 defenseman? Really?
            He is a top 4 for any team in Hockey East. TW didn't use him right but my guess is Corkum will. I remember a game he was + 2 or 3 with a goal and at least 1 assist and next gm doesn't dress. Ex EJ dman of the year

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              He is a top 4 for any team in Hockey East. TW didn't use him right but my guess is Corkum will. I remember a game he was + 2 or 3 with a goal and at least 1 assist and next gm doesn't dress. Ex EJ dman of the year
              i agree... he wasn't allowed to play his style of game which is a aggressive/physical... TW's passive style had him "between minds" vs. his instinctive style and as a result, got whistled for some penalties because of a slight hesitation

Comment

True, it affected his confidence in his decision-making as it did numerous other players.

Comment

With a New Coach you will see alot of difference's in alot of the players that are returning,and you can bet for the better and in a positive/confidence building wise. It will a Night & Day different TEAM this upcoming season(imo).

Comment

heard Victor Bjorkung got deported

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthhurts View Post
                      heard Victor Bjorkung got deported
                      Deported..?? Any details or just whispers in the wind..? Also did former recruit Sam Wolfe hook up with any D1 College Hockey Program.?

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                        Deported..??
                        *****http://tenderslounge.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/slapshot-ogie-oglethorpe2.jpg******

Comment

Romeo had a highlight reel save last night http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=wi23OyRNvXs#!

Gjurich has been named as a Canadian Junior "A" Hockey League MVP finalist
                          USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            *****http://tenderslounge.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/slapshot-ogie-oglethorpe2.jpg******
                            Huh I guess you don't want to know what I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              whatcha got right there is 1972 bowdoin college graduate and left wing, ned dowd....

Comment

The one and only....Ogie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLBy_A-53io

Comment

Working...
                                X