NCAA Regional Rankings 1-28-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Regional Rankings 1-28-2013

Looks like the NCAA is ahead of schedule..... Thoughts? Shocked they have Bowdoin up so high. Normally the committee holds SOS a lot higher up. Must be they are going with Win% this year. Obvious head-to-head doesn't mean much up top, but still has Plattsburgh over Amherst?? Lots of movement still to go.

2013 NCAA DIVISION III MENS ICE HOCKEY REGIONAL RANKINGS

EAST REGION / WEST REGION
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Re: NCAA Regional Rankings 1-28-2013

Wow !!
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
      Looks like the NCAA is ahead of schedule..... Thoughts? Shocked they have Bowdoin up so high. Normally the committee holds SOS a lot higher up. Must be they are going with Win% this year. Obvious head-to-head doesn't mean much up top, but still has Plattsburgh over Amherst?? Lots of movement still to go.

2013 NCAA DIVISION III MENS ICE HOCKEY REGIONAL RANKINGS

EAST REGION / WEST REGION
      Did somebody accidentally release the "super secret" first round of rankings that only the committee is supposed to know about?
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I believe it's a fake. Try clicking on the other front page links -- nothing happens. And www.ncaa.com does not match up.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Wow thanks for playing along guys....that lasted....
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Nice. Someone clearly has WAY too much time on their hands.

Comment

Actually not that long if you have some what of an idea what you're doing. But you could deffently feel a disturbance in the force coming from central New York when they saw Oswego ahead of Utica
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I'll admit that I rushed to the PWC page, and then got more confused because they haven't started calculating it for this season.
                Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
                A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
                A Handful of ECAC West Championships
                A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
                Some National Championships:
                Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
                Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

ohhhhh with the exception of that Oswego state hiccup in this poll, I like it
                  Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                  Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                  Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                  2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                  2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

I wrote this before I realized the rankings were fake, but thought I'd post it anyways just for discussion. Not trying to pump one team up or another team down, but comparing OOC games for Amherst, Bowdoin, and Middlebury:

Bowdoin:
                    @University of New England (W)
                    Suffolk (W)
                    Salve Regina (W)
                    @USM (W)
                    University of New England (W)
                    USM (W)

Amherst:
                    Westfield State (W)
                    Gustavus (T)
                    Utica (L)
                    Elmira (W)
                    Plattsburgh (W)
                    St. Mikes (W)

Middlebury:
                    Plattsburgh (W)
                    Norwich (L)
                    Babson (L)
                    Wentworth (L)
                    Norwich (L)
                    Plattsburgh (L)

Bowdoin has not played one team OOC that is in the NCAA rankings. They have won against them all, as they should. Amherst has 1 OOC game against an NCAA ranked team and it’s a win against Plattsburgh. But other than that, their OOC schedule is averaged. Middlebury has only 1 OOC win against Plattsburgh as well. But 5 out of 6 of their OOC games are against teams ranked in the top 11 in the NCAA Rankings. Now, you look at all of their in conference records…

Bowdoin: 10-1-1 Middlebury: 7-3-2 Amherst: 7-4-1

Now I’m not trying to make Middlebury seem like they are better than they actually are, but if they would have gone the route of Bowdoin and/or Amherst, they most likely could be sitting at 12-4-2 or somewhat more of a respectable record than they currently have with 8-8-2. If they did have that record, they would probably be considered a top 10 team. They have a better conference record than Amherst. I guess I’m just asking the question….do you reward teams for winning games with an easy OOC schedule and penalize teams for doing poorly with a difficult OOC schedule? If I was Middlebury, I might stop playing Norwich and Plattsburgh 4 times a year after seeing how overall record has a huge influence on these rankings.

Comment

A couple things to point out:

1. Comparing conference records between Middlebury and Amherst is misleading at this point in the season... Middlebury has a much tougher last 6 games than Amherst and only a 1 point lead.

2. I think Amherst was also anticipating their OOC schedule to be tougher than it ended up being due to relatively down years from Elmira and GA. GA, Utica, Elmira and Platty is usually a pretty admirable OOC undertaking.

3. Bowdoin's OOC record is tough to defend, I would like to think is has something to do with travel expenses and getting teams to come to Brunswick but I really don't know that to be true.

To answer your question, sheduling a tough OOC is high risk, high reward and a weak OOC is low risk, low reward. Either way, you have to win the games you schedule to get the reward.
                      Go Polar Bears Plaaaay Hockey!

Comment

I beleive that a Polar Bear fan placed this so that if they do make it they don't have to play Oswego again in the post season.
                        Oswego 88

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
                          I beleive that a Polar Bear fan placed this so that if they do make it they don't have to play Oswego again in the post season.
                          Oswego 88
                          Could you blame them?!?

In all honesty, there are other preferable match-ups, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Lakers at The Sid. The second trip to Oswego wasn't nearly as bad as the first (not that it could get much worse). I'd like to see what round 3 would bring at our barn.
                          Go Polar Bears Plaaaay Hockey!

Comment

What did it for me was when I saw two MCHA teams in the mix.

Comment

Working...
                            X