SCSU @ BSU: Closing the Door on a Storied, Long-Time Conference Rivalry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU @ BSU: Closing the Door on a Storied, Long-Time Conference Rivalry

BSU swept at home by UNO, SCSU taking 3 of 4 from UND.

Smells like a trap series... SCSU really needs to be focused and get ready for a long, lulling knock-out attempt from Serratore's boys.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: SCSU @ BSU: Closing the Door on a Storied, Long-Time Conference Rivalry

I'm not saying it's a must-sweep weekend, but it's a must-sweep weekend.

Comment

Quoting Miagi to Danialson: "You stay focus". These are the teams to cringe about Husky fans. Nothing to do with who's more talented or who is going into the series hotter. BSU has that style that gets the boys disinterested. Can't let that happen. It is not going to be end to end. It is going to be zone to zone. Get the dang puck across the red line and get it deep. Go get it and work their d-corp. Nothing pretty needed. Grind it out and get it done. I think the recent hot streak bodes well that they can suck it up and get it done. Good luck and go Huskies!!!!!! Sorry for actual analysis this early in the thread. Please continue with who's chicks are hotter and where we can get cheap drinks in Bemidji. I have cheap drinks in the flask in my desk.

Comment

No way is this a must sweep weekend. We just banked 7 of 8 from DU and UND. 3 points on the road would be good, that's like sweeping BSU and splitting in UND except we win the tiebreaker.

Honesty a split wouldn't be the end of the world, it would just take us to step up and get more points in a series down the road

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          No way is this a must sweep weekend. We just banked 7 of 8 from DU and UND. 3 points on the road would be good, that's like sweeping BSU and splitting in UND except we win the tiebreaker.

Honesty a split wouldn't be the end of the world, it would just take us to step up and get more points in a series down the road
          I agree... not a must sweep, but a should sweep. If they play like they have the last two weekends, they WILL sweep, by large margins.

In reality though, we are all aware that the Huskies like to "take a breath" when they feel like their opponent won't put up as much of a challenge. I pray that doesn't happen. The Beavers have nothing to lose, so they're going to play each game like it's their last game of the season. The Huskies should have the same mindset. They should think of this series as the WCHA playoff first round, where they've typically had success.

We'll see how it turns out, but if I were a betting man, I'm probably putting money on a split. I'll give BSU 7-1 odds of 3 or more points. I'll give SCSU 5-2 odds of 3 or more points. That leaves a split at 7-3 odds. Feel free to disagree.
          scsuhockey.com
          CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
            I agree... not a must sweep, but a should sweep. If they play like they have the last two weekends, they WILL sweep, by large margins.

In reality though, we are all aware that the Huskies like to "take a breath" when they feel like their opponent won't put up as much of a challenge. I pray that doesn't happen. The Beavers have nothing to lose, so they're going to play each game like it's their last game of the season. The Huskies should have the same mindset. They should think of this series as the WCHA playoff first round, where they've typically had success.

We'll see how it turns out, but if I were a betting man, I'm probably putting money on a split. I'll give BSU 7-1 odds of 3 or more points. I'll give SCSU 5-2 odds of 3 or more points. That leaves a split at 7-3 odds. Feel free to disagree.
            Its a can sweep and a should sweep, but I don't think they will necessarily sweep by "large margins" if they play the way they have the last two weekends. They could make it a route but BSU knows how to stick around games and keep it low scoring. A couple of wins for the good guys, maybe 4-2, 3-1 type of scores, sound like heaven to me. It'd be nice to go into the Gopher series without being in reach of them being able to catch us in St. Cloud.

Comment

Good luck to both teams. I'm not "pulling" for either team per se, but I secretly am hoping SCSU takes care of business. The Concrete Center should be rockin' regardless when the Gophers and I roll into town in two weeks, but it will be even crazier if SCSU stays this hot I would think!
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Its a can sweep and a should sweep, but I don't think they will necessarily sweep by "large margins" if they play the way they have the last two weekends. They could make it a route but BSU knows how to stick around games and keep it low scoring. A couple of wins for the good guys, maybe 4-2, 3-1 type of scores, sound like heaven to me. It'd be nice to go into the Gopher series without being in reach of them being able to catch us in St. Cloud.
                All I know is if the Huskies take them lightly they will lose. BSU has great work ethic and just keeps coming at you. I have watched parts of quite a few of their games on TV this year and they are a team that never seems to gives up. Their style of play always gives us fits, so the boy's will have to come ready. anything less than a sweep would be very dissapointing in my opinion after the way they have played the last two weekends.
                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                  All I know is if the Huskies take them lightly they will lose. BSU has great work ethic and just keeps coming at you. I have watched parts of quite a few of their games on TV this year and they are a team that never seems to gives up. Their style of play always gives us fits, so the boy's will have to come ready. anything less than a sweep would be very dissapointing in my opinion after the way they have played the last two weekends.
                  Anything less? So you're upset if we take care of them comfortably, then skate to a tie, in Bemidji? I'm not. I'd take 3 points right now, thank you very much, and move on to the Rodents

Comment

Anything less? So you're upset if we take care of them comfortably, then skate to a tie, in Bemidji? I'm not. I'd take 3 points right now, thank you very much, and move on to the Rodents
                    Agreed. Our recent past history with their trap style of play has me worried about these upcoming games this weekend.

BTW: Enjoying your current discussion with Harley MC and the rest of the goofers

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                      Agreed. Our recent past history with their trap style of play has me worried about these upcoming games this weekend.

BTW: Enjoying your current discussion with Harley MC and the rest of the goofers
                      Haha, loose use of the word "discussion." In the last couple posts all they could come up with I dick, cornhole and stupid. Sorry to disappoint but if Beavis and Butthead can't at least get creative in hurling insults I think I will let them have their thread back.

Curious what mindset Bemidji fans are in and what they are expecting and hoping for out of this series

Comment

As would I.
                        It's not easy to sweep on the road, no matter who you are playing.
                        I'll be up there for Saturday's game.
                        Never been there, hoping to have some fun and see a good performance out of our boys.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          As would I.
                          Never been there, hoping to have some fun and see a good performance out of our boys.
                          I have been in the Sanford Center, got a tour and seen BSU start practice but not a game. Hoping maybe in the next couple years

Comment

If the guys think for one-second that this will be an easy weekend there will be a good chance they get swept. BSU just got swept at home, you think they want that to happen again in front of their fans? Time to grind! If the boys play hungry I like our chances of winning two, if they let their guard down at all, it would not surprise me if they left with only 1 point or worse.
                            Last edited by Husky4Life; 01-28-2013, 06:30 PM.
                            SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              As would I.
                              Have a great time in Brrrrrmidgee on Ground Hog Day. Keep in mind that a ground hog is also referred to as a "land beaver", so the locals may assume it is their Day to win. Don't get stuck watching a bad game continue to repeat itself.

Comment

Working...
                              X