Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU @ BSU: Closing the Door on a Storied, Long-Time Conference Rivalry

Originally posted by Stick-Puck View Post
    I have been looking on Comcast's website and I am not seeing anything but i could be wrong.
    Comcast has it. Ch 202 in SW Metro. Others have said Ch 243 or 244 in the Cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
      I'm insanely jealous of BSU's TV deal. I am in Western North Dakota and I get the game on my local cable somehow.
      How far west?
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
        Comcast has it. Ch 202 in SW Metro. Others have said Ch 243 or 244 in the Cities.
        Comcast 243 here in Eagan.
        Originally posted by Skeeterman
        Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          How far west?
          Bismarck, but in my Minnesota-centric mind anything west of Valley City is western North Dakota.

Comment

Eff yeah.

Comment

Yay!
              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

BSU is gonna be ****ed... they have lost 3 in the last two weekends at home and in ugly fashion. They will come out angry, we need to keep it going and finish them off.
                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

What I wouldn't give to trade out any series but the u of m to play uno again
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

No team in the WCHA has an "easy" schedule the rest of the way. You can look at win percentages of remaining schedules all you want. The Huskies have proven that the bottom teams can burn you if you do not come to play.

Despite UND's record in the last 3 series, they have been playing solid hockey overall. They are just having a hard time offensively. They are not getting bounces.

UNO hosts UND next weekend. They have to travel to Anchorage. Host UW and then finish at UMD. That is not exactly a cake-walk schedule.

This will be a fantastic finish to the season. This will be a race to be remembered with some real battles ahead. There are just too many variables to make a prediction. I really think it will come down to which team(s) near the top that can stay healthy.

Comment

A shepard and anderson reffing and we didn't take a penalty?
                      Amazing discipline.
                      Go get the sweep boys!
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                        A shepard and anderson reffing and we didn't take a penalty?
                        Amazing discipline.
                        Go get the sweep boys!
                        It was Brad, so we were ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                          No team in the WCHA has an "easy" schedule the rest of the way. You can look at win percentages of remaining schedules all you want. The Huskies have proven that the bottom teams can burn you if you do not come to play.

Despite UND's record in the last 3 series, they have been playing solid hockey overall. They are just having a hard time offensively. They are not getting bounces.

UNO hosts UND next weekend. They have to travel to Anchorage. Host UW and then finish at UMD. That is not exactly a cake-walk schedule.

This will be a fantastic finish to the season. This will be a race to be remembered with some real battles ahead. There are just too many variables to make a prediction. I really think it will come down to which team(s) near the top that can stay healthy.
                          Great post. I agree. One huge intangible thing worth pointing out, though, is that next weekend North Dakota will be playing UNO in Omaha in what will easily be the biggest games in the history of UNO's program. There isn't even anything else to compare it to for UNO. That could be a positive, or a negative. I'm just glad we have the coach we do and that those games will both be played in front of huge crowds to help us along our way.
                          Last edited by Red Cows; 02-02-2013, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Good win by the Husckeys last night. Not sure what to expect in these trap games before next weekend's series playing against a trap-style defense that has been frustrating in the past for St. Cloud.

Enjoy seeing SCSU sitting atop the WCHA at least for one one day. Since it is Groundhog Day, maybe being in first place just keeps repeating itself this year!

What's up with Walsh and the quick pull from the game?
                            Last edited by Husckey Domi Nation; 02-02-2013, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                              What's up with Walsh and the quick pull from the game?
                              Watching on TV last night, he looked to be "off". The first goal he should of had as it looked to go between his arm and body on the glove side. The second goal, his angle looked off leaving too much net. The one save he made, he looked to be fighting it. Dugas looked good and will probably start tonight.

Other than that five minute stretch in the first, I thought the Beavers hung right in there. But that has been the story to the whole BSU season. A little lapse and that is the difference.
                              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                                Watching on TV last night, he looked to be "off". The first goal he should of had as it looked to go between his arm and body on the glove side. The second goal, his angle looked off leaving too much net. The one save he made, he looked to be fighting it. Dugas looked good and will probably start tonight.

Other than that five minute stretch in the first, I thought the Beavers hung right in there. But that has been the story to the whole BSU season. A little lapse and that is the difference.
                                Agreed, looked kinda shaky in warmups too. Beavers didn't help Walsh out either by turning the puck over twice quickly.

Beavers had a lot of pressure in the first five of the 1st period and many times through out the 3rd. If they play like they did during those stretches should be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X