X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU @ BSU: Closing the Door on a Storied, Long-Time Conference Rivalry

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    As would I.
    It's not easy to sweep on the road, no matter who you are playing.
    I'll be up there for Saturday's game.
    Never been there, hoping to have some fun and see a good performance out of our boys.
    Word of warning: unless things have changed, they have 2 cabs for the city. As in, 2 cars that are cabs. So, if you are need them at bar close, call them an hour before bar close, and leave when they show up. Otherwise, you're screwed. And you won't see a cop all weekend UNTIL an hour or so before bar close. Then they are everywhere, trolling for drunks.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Word of warning: unless things have changed, they have 2 cabs for the city. As in, 2 cars that are cabs. So, if you are need them at bar close, call them an hour before bar close, and leave when they show up. Otherwise, you're screwed. And you won't see a cop all weekend UNTIL an hour or so before bar close. Then they are everywhere, trolling for drunks.
      Considering my father was an alcoholic, I don't drink often, so I'd be sober cab if Rabib and our buddy decide to drink.
      Thanks for the info though Brent.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

So maybe it's not a must sweep series overall, but if Bemidji beats us, down we go in the pairwise and conference rankings. I guess I meant a it is a must sweep series if we want to stay on top of the WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          Curious what mindset Bemidji fans are in and what they are expecting and hoping for out of this series
          Not really sure what to expect. If it goes like the rest of the season, it will be a 5-4 SCSU win on Friday an a 1-1, 2-2 tie or a 2-1 win for SCSU as BSU has had 8 OT games this year......

BSU just hasn't been able to finish teams off this year. They haven't won on a Friday night yet and there have been a lot of leads that have slipped away. BSU's two usually strong suits, defense and goaltending, have been a little shaky this year. Offensively, there was some fire power there at the beginning, but it has tailed off some as of late. They are fast and they work hard, they just haven't been finding the back of the net. They got blown out of the rink by Mankato, but then take three points from Denver and Nebraska-Omaha.
          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

There is only one way to guarantee 3 or more points this weekend: We need gopherfan89 to come in here and predict that SCSU will lose the series.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              There is only one way to guarantee 3 or more points this weekend: We need gopherfan89 to come in here and predict that SCSU will lose the series.
              Troll him to come on over. They are probably doing psychology on us.

I am going split again. BSU Friday. SCSU Saturday.
              Originally posted by Skeeterman
              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                A buddy told me that I had a following on here, so here I am ...your wish is my command.

I'm just about to leave the frozen tundra of Minnesota for a weekend away in Mexico, but I'll leave you with this: I'll predict SCSU takes 3 points. Maybe that way they might not take any.

Enjoy your weekend, my disciples.
                Last edited by GopherFan89; 01-30-2013, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
                  A buddy told me that I had a following on here, so here I am ...your wish is my command.

I'm just about to leave the frozen tundra of Minnesota for a weekend away in Mexico, but I'll leave you with this: I'll predict SCSU takes 3 points. Maybe that way they might not take any.

tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Well, I'm not superstitious, so I'm glad that Gopher fans are finally starting to understand how awesome the Huskies are. I can't wait to see what you predict for the next series!
                    scsuhockey.com
                    CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Do you ever pick splits or sweeps?
                      Your last 3 predictions have all been 3 points.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                        Do you ever pick splits or sweeps?
                        Your last 3 predictions have all been 3 points.
                        Splits are too easy in my opinion. Might as well make it interesting. The flight attendant is mean mugging me though, better shut off the phone.

Comment

It's Thursday and this thread has fallen towards the bottom of page 2. Anyone care to talk some puck?

I want to say Huskies sweep, but for some reason this series feels like a split.

Comment

Everybody must be in Hatten's chat.
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
                              It's Thursday and this thread has fallen towards the bottom of page 2. Anyone care to talk some puck?

I want to say Huskies sweep, but for some reason this series feels like a split.
                              I feel the same way. If they have the same energy and effort they had the past two weeks then it should be a sweep. But if they go into this series with whatever mindset they had when playing RPI and Northern Michigan then we will be in some trouble...

Comment

Game Day!

I'll say the same thing I said going into NoDak: Just. Win. Friday. Then on the road, you're playing with house money. But tilt the ice your way, make BSU worry about losing the series Saturday and take that possibility out of the equation with a big win tonight.
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X