Denver at Duluth: the Battle for Mediocrity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Denver at Duluth: the Battle for Mediocrity

What a disappointing game. The best way to describe the 3rd period performance by UMD is "Pants Shitting". It was horrible. It was such a kick in the chest. I cannot remember a more dramatic collapse by a UMD team (I've only been a fan since 2006 so I've seen less hockey than others).

They didn't know what hit them. DU is a better team but clearly that shouldn't have happened. Home ice is clearly dead. Just gotta hope for a good match up. I'll be happy if I can see this team in St. Paul. Very unlikely but a fan can hope. My other hope would be getting to .500 on the year...that will be tough though.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      What a disappointing game. The best way to describe the 3rd period performance by UMD is "Pants Shitting". It was horrible. It was such a kick in the chest. I cannot remember a more dramatic collapse by a UMD team. Home ice is clearly dead..
      Now you know how SCSU fans felt when Rhaksanjani scored a natural hat trick in the last 5 minutes of the third period in a game St. Cloud previously led 3 - 1 a few years ago.

But no home ice? I recommend having several beers at a Super Bowl party and rethinking that prediction. We're counting on the dogs winning several games before mid-March.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
        Now you know how SCSU fans felt when Rhaksanjani scored a natural hat trick in the last 5 minutes of the third period in a game St. Cloud previously led 3 - 1 a few years ago.

But no home ice? I recommend having several beers at a Super Bowl party and rethinking that prediction. We're counting on the dogs winning several games before mid-March.
        No, we were leading 2-0. We had shut them out the rest of the game.
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

What a disappointing game. The best way to describe the 3rd period performance by UMD is "Pants Shitting". It was horrible. It was such a kick in the chest. I cannot remember a more dramatic collapse by a UMD team (I've only been a fan since 2006 so I've seen less hockey than others).

They didn't know what hit them. DU is a better team but clearly that shouldn't have happened. Home ice is clearly dead. Just gotta hope for a good match up. I'll be happy if I can see this team in St. Paul. Very unlikely but a fan can hope. My other hope would be getting to .500 on the year...that will be tough though.
          Indeed. Well I'm basing this on how many teams are in front of us...and how much better those teams than ours. UMD plays too inconsistant to get home ice. They'll be close but not there. Probably a 7th or 8th seed.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            OK, I stand corrected. So we had shut them out up to that point? Way to make that hurt even more!

Still think dogs make home ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
              OK, I stand corrected. So we had shut them out up to that point? Way to make that hurt even more!

Still think dogs make home ice.
              You're outta your gord!
              tUMD Hockey

Comment

Indeed. Well I'm basing this on how many teams are in front of us...and how much better those teams than ours. UMD plays too inconsistant to get home ice. They'll be close but not there. Probably a 7th or 8th seed.
                Duluth could win home ice but they'd have to have a lot break their way. They'd NEED to win the series against Mankato 'cause then at least they'd have a tiebreaker on somebody. If I'm not mistaken they lose it to UW and UND.

If I were you Biddy I wouldn't give up hope on it, I'd just not be upset if it doesn't happen.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

You should have been around at the Frozen Four in 2004 when your Hobey winner, Jordan Leopold, was schooling DU. Pios were down by 2 or 3(seemed like more) and came back to win 5-3 on the way to the National Championship.

[QUOTE=Husckey Domi Nation;5620255]Now you know how SCSU fans felt when Rakhshani scored a natural hat trick in the last 5 minutes of the third period in a game St. Cloud previously led 3 - 1 a few years ago.
                  QUOTE]

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                  IIRC, SCSU had a string of losing 3-2 games at that time and Rhett Rakhshani was happy to keep the string alive.

GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                    You should have been around at the Frozen Four in 2004 when your Hobey winner, Jordan Leopold, was schooling DU. Pios were down by 2 or 3(seemed like more) and came back to win 5-3 on the way to the National Championship.
                    Leopold played for the Goofs, it was Junior Lessard that won the hobey and almost took them to the championship. He had a pair in that game.

r

Comment

[QUOTE=vizoroo;5620387]You should have been around at the Frozen Four in 2004 when your Hobey winner, Jordan Leopold, was schooling DU. Pios were down by 2 or 3(seemed like more) and came back to win 5-3 on the way to the National Championship.
                      [QUOTE]

Haha, he called Biddy a Gopher fan. Pretty easy to make the mistake, same ugly colors, same stupid cheers, and you won't cheer against the Gophers in a matchup with "lowly" St. Cloud... all the signs are there.

Comment

Ooops!
                        Jordan Leopold UMtc---Junior Lessard UMd
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

[QUOTE=SCSU Euro;5620399][QUOTE=vizoroo;5620387]You should have been around at the Frozen Four in 2004 when your Hobey winner, Jordan Leopold, was schooling DU. Pios were down by 2 or 3(seemed like more) and came back to win 5-3 on the way to the National Championship.

Haha, he called Biddy a Gopher fan. Pretty easy to make the mistake, same ugly colors, same stupid cheers, and you won't cheer against the Gophers in a matchup with "lowly" St. Cloud... all the signs are there.
                          First of all Euro, the proper third person pronoun is she
                          Second, cheering for the gophs, that just seems plain wrong to me, even if they were playing the tiggies to the south or the susies to the north.
                          Finally I would defintely side with the Cloudies (despite how rude they were to the Pios this season) over the rodents.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                            First of all Euro, the proper third person pronoun is she
                            Second, cheering for the gophs, that just seems plain wrong to me, even if they were playing the tiggies to the south or the susies to the north.
                            Finally I would defintely side with the Cloudies (despite how rude they were to the Pios this season) over the rodents.
                            Apologies, around here we assume too easily.

And we weren't rude to the Pios... we played well. I was there for the 6-1 win in Denver... that was plenty nice.

Comment

Thanks to all of the great hockey fans we met in Duluth....
                              Yearly College Hockey Trips
                              St. Cloud - Best Bar (Red Carpet)
                              North Dakota - First Jägerbomb
                              Northern Michigan - Friendliest Hockey Fans (tink-tink-ta-tink)
                              Michigan Tech - Best Ice Sculptures
                              Mankato - Denver wins the cup in OT
                              Nebraska-Omaha - Biggest Weiner
                              Bemidji State - Best Beaver Tour
                              Duluth - Sandman KO'd but wins on a DQ
                              St. Cloud - Great Band
                              Northern Michigan - She gave my beads back

Comment

Working...
                              X