WISC @ NoDak 2/1&2/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WISC @ NoDak 2/1&2/2

Might as well start this. Should be a good series. UND on a little slide, Badgers winning but struggling to score. Some of us are making the road trip from Madison for what could be our last trip to Grand Forks for a while. UND folks, where are best spots to pregame? Anywhere with decent food and beer close to the Ralph?

Re: WISC @ NoDak 2/1&2/2

A few nice pregame spots:

-JL Beers (S. Columbia Rd) --- made to order burgers, fries and chips and a wide variety of beers. Must be 21+. The place is tiny so get there early.

-Joe Black's (downtown, N. 3rd St.) --- burgers, sandwiches, apps. They also have a shuttle bus to and from the The Ralph. Must be 21+, I believe

-Rhombus Guys (downtown, Kittson St.) --- excellent pizza (Dozens of varieties. The "T-Rex" pizza has been voted 'Best Pizza' in GF 4-5 years running

-Toasted Frog (downtown, N. 3rd St.) --- little more upscale, famous for its fried pickles and martini menu

-Blue Moose (downtown East Grand Forks) --- burgers, sandwiches, pasta, tapas menu, 40 different beers on tap

On Saturday, a new place called Albatross Sports Grill & Golf Club opened in the former Suite 49 building near The Ralph. Sounds like they offer burgers, appetizers and sandwiches. Has indoor golf simulator.

Places that offer shuttle buses to and from The Ralph
    -Southgate Bar & Grill, Buffalo Wild Wings, Joe Black's, Muddy Rivers, Speedway...

Comment

Originally posted by Shawny4u View Post
      Might as well start this. Should be a good series. UND on a little slide, Badgers winning but struggling to score. Some of us are making the road trip from Madison for what could be our last trip to Grand Forks for a while. UND folks, where are best spots to pregame? Anywhere with decent food and beer close to the Ralph?
      Head to the parrot's cay at 4:30 and get the shark wings, it's the second most exciting thing to do in GF.
      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Hopefully Kristo and Co. doesn't get blackout drunk at Ground Round again this week before the Friday night game .
        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

I wish I had gotten blackout drunk before that game.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            I wish I had gotten blackout drunk before that game.

I did. So I missed it...
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
              Hopefully Kristo and Co.
              Youngest son last year......"Dad, the sue have a player named krisco? Isn't that fat in a can?" I love it.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

*****http://www.smileygenerator.us/smileytags/links/7_232_921_431.0347682001359398849.gif******
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Where the heck are the meth labs, porch toilets, tundrabillies, and wagon trains??

Gurt finally in jail?
                  Last edited by burd; 01-28-2013, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Youngest son last year......"Dad, the sue have a player named krisco? Isn't that fat in a can?" I love it.
                    This year you can tell him Krisco is a 3pt weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                      This year you can tell him Krisco is a 3pt weekend.
                      And Schmaltz and Gleason are pylons

Comment

Offering sexual favors to Phil? In exchange for what? Maybe the name's gone but I see Sue's still the same kinda girl.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I know we are still on the nonhockey, trash talk side of the week, but since there's not much happening here and since it's Wisconsin, I'll throw out a semi-sincere, hockey related comment.

While the Gopher/Sioux rivalry is old and intense, for me the Wisconsin rivalry has been equally intense and more fun. I will miss it more. Wisconsin fans are a bunch of ugly boneheads, of course, but they know how to have fun with just about all their sports. How else could you have the waterbottle game and those four years to start the 80s and still have two fanbases that can hate but have fun with each other. Maybe it's because, for UND fans, Madison is such a great party town to visit. And maybe for UW fans a visit to GF is a chance to see how the gifted and talented live. That has to make them better people.

For those of you who are able to be there this weekend, you are very lucky. Make the most of it. Hopefully, the games will be close and hardfought. And for the fan who gets a dead badger on the ice? You deserve a high honor of some kind. Possibly season tx for next year along with a game worn jersey signed by Rasti Spirko.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                            For those of you who are able to be there this weekend, you are very lucky. Make the most of it. Hopefully, the games will be close and hardfought. And for the fan who gets a dead badger on the ice? You deserve a high honor of some kind. Possibly season tx for next year along with a game worn jersey signed by Rasti Spirko.
                            Does it have to be the animal or can I murder a Wisconsin fan and throw him on the ice? Please provide clarification on the exact requirements as I really want Sparky's jersey.
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              Does it have to be the animal or can I murder a Wisconsin fan and throw him on the ice? Please provide clarification on the exact requirements as I really want Sparky's jersey.
                              Fair question. On one hand, no Grand Forks jury would convict for murdering a Badger fan to get a Sparky jersey. But if you throw his jersey into the mix and accept dead badgers and dead badger fans, I can see the Ralph staff having to clean up a lot of dead bodies dressed in red that were just too fat from beer and schnitzel to get them up over the glass. The only thing worse than a bunch of Badger fans descending on GF is a bunch of dead badger fans who don't leave on Sunday.

But you have to be openminded, given the stakes. Maybe dead badger fans are permitted as long as they aren't USCHO members. Or maybe that would take the fun out of it?

Comment

Working...
                              X