Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Michigan State fans....

Where is Tom Anastos worse at his job?

Commissioner of the CCHA or head coach at Michigan State?
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: Question for Michigan State fans....

haha good point

Comment

Are couches burning in East Lansing after last night?

No?

Then quick, sign Anastos to a ten year extenstion!

Keep Jim Culhane 2.0 in East Lansing!
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I knew he was a joke hire as soon as I heard it. I honestly thought it was a joke when I found out about it. What in the **** were they thinking?

They're screwed as long as he's around. Which to be frank, I enjoy seeing them get their *** kicked.

Honestly though, the high from beating wasn't as nearly as great as it was when both teams were Top-5 programs. I'd say right now, Michigan-western is the bigger rivalry.
        ---
        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
        19 Conference Championships
        10 Conference Tournament Championships
        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
          I knew he was a joke hire as soon as I heard it. I honestly thought it was a joke when I found out about it. What in the **** were they thinking?

They're screwed as long as he's around. Which to be frank, I enjoy seeing them get their *** kicked.

Honestly though, the high from beating wasn't as nearly as great as it was when both teams were Top-5 programs. I'd say right now, Michigan-western is the bigger rivalry.
          Do Mich fans really have room for bashing MSU?

http://www.uscho.com/standings/ccha/2012-2013/

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post

Since 2008-09: Michigan is 116-70-11, 4 straight NCAA Tournaments, a Frozen Four, 2 CCHA titles.
            Since 2008-09: State is 70-87-22, 1 NCAA Tournament appearance, 0 Frozen Fours, 0 CCHA titles.

Also Michigan is 15-7-1 against state since 2008-09. That includes when 7th place Michigan went into 2nd place state in the 2010 playoffs and swept them at munn en route to a CCHA Playoff Championship.

The only reason Michigan has that many losses is this trainwreck season. Which is an anomaly since they have had 25 straight 20+ win seasons and made 22 straight NCAA Tournaments.

Michigan is without a doubt the better program and has proved it on the ice. Even this season Michigan crushed them twice. 5-1 at Yost and 5-2 in Detroit.
            Last edited by MGoBlueHockey; 01-27-2013, 03:51 PM.
            ---
            Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
            2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Since 2008-09: Michigan is 116-70-11, 4 straight NCAA Tournaments, a Frozen Four, 2 CCHA titles.
              Since 2008-09: State is 70-87-22, 1 NCAA Tournament appearance, 0 Frozen Fours, 0 CCHA titles.

Also Michigan is 15-7-1 against state since 2008-09. That includes when 7th place Michigan went into 2nd place state in the 2010 playoffs and swept them at munn en route to a CCHA Playoff Championship.

The only reason Michigan has that many losses is this trainwreck season. Which is an anomaly since they have had 25 straight 20+ win seasons and made 22 straight NCAA Tournaments.

Michigan is without a doubt the better program and has proved it on the ice. Even this season Michigan crushed them twice. 5-1 at Yost and 5-2 in Detroit.
              And MSU crushed UM 7-2 at Munn. I have zero expectations for this weekend but there's still a possibility MSU could come out on top for the season series.

I must say though, your persistence in trolling is certainly admirable.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Its an honor to see you've typed that out and posted it.... thank you...
                Last edited by Lawson_lunatic27; 01-27-2013, 09:00 PM.
                Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

I'm just saying.....

(Pre-) BigTen Standings

BigTen ..... W - L - T .. Pts .. (Overall)
                  Minnesota .. 3 - 0 - 1 ... 7 .... (18-4-4)
                  Ohio St ...... 2 - 1 - 0 ... 4 ... (10-11-5)
                  Penn St ..... 2 - 1 - 0 ... 4 ... (10-13-0)
                  Michigan .... 2 - 1 - 0 ... 4 .... (8-16-2)
                  Mich St ..... 2 - 7 - 0 ... 4 .... (7-16-3)
                  Wisconsin .. 0 - 1 - 1 ... 1 .... (11-8-5)

Thanks to Magpie for posting that

It's been a fun season. I can't believe there's only 8 games left.

Next year admittedly could be a different story, but ya never know!
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

This season, no. But it still feels good to be ahead of one team.

Originally posted by Lawson_lunatic27 View Post
                    Its an honor to see you've typed that out and posted it.... thank you...
                    Don't listen to him. No one cares about Western.

Although I am not a State fan, I'll answer the Anastos question. Worse as a commissioner because the conference will be gone next year. As a head coach he can only destroy one program.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G
                    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                    2 Alaskan

Comment

A++ trolling

Anastos, a sub .500 (.454 to be precise) record, is a better coach than he was a commissioner.

Obviously, that's not saying much.
                      Western Michigan University Bronco Hockey
                      Home of the Lawson Lunatics

Comment

Originally posted by broncos24 View Post
                        A++ trolling

Anastos, a sub .500 (.454 to be precise) record, is a better coach than he was a commissioner.

Obviously, that's not saying much.
                        Thanks for the info. You're actually kinder and more optimistic than a lot of "experts" both inside and outside the fandom who thought he'd have no clue when he was hired. As one inside, I'm far more hopeful with the brand of hockey Anastos is teaching than with his predecessor.

Comment

No.

Half of Michigan's roster consists of NHL draft picks, last year's CCHA ROY and a $5-billion dollar makeover. State's got - well, the beginnings of Anastos' vastly improved recruiting effort mixed with the holdovers from a bygone era.

What's Michigan's excuse?

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

With Western's recent domination of Michigan, going to the Big Ten conference will be a welcome relief. You won't have to care about Western anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                              This season, no. But it still feels good to be ahead of one team.

Although I am not a State fan, I'll answer the Anastos question. Worse as a commissioner because the conference will be gone next year. As a head coach he can only destroy one program.
                              Maybe you don't, but I want to kick their *** every time we play them. They've won too many times lately and it is more of a back and forth series than state. Plus in most instances, the Michigan and western are both highly ranked. I know they take great joy in hearing that they actually matter to a big boy school.

Time will correct it though. After they get smacked around in the NCHC for a few years, they'll go to the WCHA with the other misfit toys.
                              ---
                              2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X