New #1 Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New #1 Team

This is one of the funniest threads I have seen in a long time.

I think it would be lovely, just delightful, if Quinnipiac gets to be #1 in the polls. But it's not really new thread material.
    Last edited by duper; 01-27-2013, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
      This is one of the funniest threads I have seen in a long time.

I think it would be lovely, just delightful, if Quinnipiac gets to be #1 in the polls. But it's not really new thread material.
      You know those people from South Central Connecticut and their gloating...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        You know those people from South Central Connecticut and their gloating...
        I'm actually torn a bit. I mean, somewhere around the year 2001, DU got a number 1 ranking for the first time in quite a few years. It was a big deal (for us fans), and it put a good number of butts in seats. It is something to brag about, because it means that some actual human, biased people think you're the best team in the country right now. And Quinnipiac being a small school (referring to prominence, I have no idea of their literal size) it isn't like when a fan of BC or Minnesota (or DU) creates a new thread to celebrate a mid-size accomplishment in a long string of accomplishments. Not knowing their history, this may well be their biggest accomplishment. And good for them. I do love it when someone other than the usual suspects is #1, or makes the Frozen 4. Contrary to what some people will have us believe, those things are VERY VERY GOOD for the sport.

And by the way, "South Central Connecticut?" Is Connecticut big enough to use multiple adjectives to describe a region within it?

Comment

So, Maine beat BC,
          Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
          Who beat Dartmouth
          Who beat their in-state rival UVM
          Who beat St. Larry
          Who throttled Maine (twice)
          which proves what we all knew all along. Maine would get throttled (twice) if it played itself.
          #NewMass

Comment

The only thing that matters come tourney time is the Pairwise rankings. The polls are irrelevant. QU is ranked #1 as of now in the ranking that counts. There is still plenty of hockey to be played and the PWR is very volatile up until the end of the conference playoffs. Who knows how it will end up but the USCHO Poll will not be a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
              So, Maine beat BC,

which proves what we all knew all along. Maine would get throttled (twice) if it played itself.
              Exactly. But wouldn't win a game!
              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

And by the way, "South Central Connecticut?" Is Connecticut big enough to use multiple adjectives to describe a region within it?
                Eight miles between two top ten teams (until Monday anyway), not many regions beside Metro Boston can boast that. Now if SHU would only step it up we could say three teams. I can equate the Q fans enthusiasm as a lesser version of what we Yale fans went through three years ago, you can't believe it is happening and the enthusiasm takes over common sense. (Disclaimer- the Q fans on this board have been very restrained and classy about their position thus far) Boston, New York and the Midwest will never bother to consider that a good or great team may come out of CT. Believe it or not, there has always been a thriving hockey community in this state, with two AHL teams and some really serious talent on the high school and prep level. There is talk of a push to get an NHL team back to Hartford, I would rather it didn't happen and keep the AHL and the college teams the focus in the State.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  Eight miles between two top ten teams (until Monday anyway), not many regions beside Metro Boston can boast that. Now if SHU would only step it up we could say three teams. I can equate the Q fans enthusiasm as a lesser version of what we Yale fans went through three years ago, you can't believe it is happening and the enthusiasm takes over common sense. (Disclaimer- the Q fans on this board have been very restrained and classy about their position thus far) Boston, New York and the Midwest will never bother to consider that a good or great team may come out of CT. Believe it or not, there has always been a thriving hockey community in this state, with two AHL teams and some really serious talent on the high school and prep level. There is talk of a push to get an NHL team back to Hartford, I would rather it didn't happen and keep the AHL and the college teams the focus in the State.
                  You seem a smidgen defensive about the quality of hockey in Connecticut. You get that I was in no way commenting on that, right?

Comment

Thx All for the thread about QU. Long way to go and just the discussion about QU possibly being #1 in a poll is amazing.

Comment

You seem a smidgen defensive about the quality of hockey in Connecticut. You get that I was in no way commenting on that, right?
                      I got your point, my response was more directed towards the dismissive posters who feel they have to beat down every so called upstart that has the gall to threaten the traditional top five or ten teams. Your post just happened to be the last that I read in the thread. Going forward I will call our little part of CT the New Haven area
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        I got your point, my response was more directed towards the dismissive posters who feel they have to beat down every so called upstart that has the gall to threaten the traditional top five or ten teams. Your post just happened to be the last that I read in the thread. Going forward I will call our little part of CT the New Haven area
                        Hence why I used South Central. UCONN (towards the northeast) isn't all the strong, and SHU (Bridgeport), well....

I only rip on Q-Pac because of the tie they got on us, thereby causing a blemish on their perfect record that continues to be boasted by the media. Add to that the fact that we were in dead last at the time. Granted, I could say the same thing about Yale (losing 6-1 to a winless-in-conference team), but given the style that our two respective teams play, it's almost expected at this point that anything could happen.

Comment

Colgate beat Q-Pac 5-1 and lost in OT.
                          Last edited by sshablak; 01-28-2013, 11:55 AM.
                          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Hence why I used South Central. UCONN (towards the northeast) isn't all the strong, and SHU (Bridgeport), well....

I only rip on Q-Pac because of the tie they got on us, thereby causing a blemish on their perfect record that continues to be boasted by the media. Add to that the fact that we were in dead last at the time. Granted, I could say the same thing about Yale (losing 6-1 to a winless-in-conference team), but given the style that our two respective teams play, it's almost expected at this point that anything could happen.
                            Yes, RPI is the team that, for some reason, has given QU some trouble. Quite honestly, I hope we don't see you in the playoffs.

Comment

Minny still #1 closer though.
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                                Yes, RPI is the team that, for some reason, has given QU some trouble. Quite honestly, I hope we don't see you in the playoffs.
                                Every other year, we seem to tie out there in Hamden. I know I don't get it...

Comment

Working...
                                X